Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @539.05 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Forum feature requests and Ideas

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Forum feature requests and Ideas  (Read 20901 times)
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2021 @128.60 »

I think it would be really neat if you gave users the ability to change this forum's theme. Imagine the possibilities!

Web design is my passion!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2021 @168.80 »

I think it would be really neat if you gave users the ability to change this forum's theme. Imagine the possibilities!

Do you mean you'd like to have totally different themes to pick from? (We can DO that! HOWEVER I would not have time to add custom things to them like the world or radio links at the top.) - Options: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=themes We could start a thread for people to pick their favorite options.

OR do you mean you would like the ability to add custom CSS to this theme? Which would allow you to change colours and background images etc? (I think we can do this too, Id just need to figure out how!)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2021 @901.33 »

Do you mean you'd like to have totally different themes to pick from? (We can DO that! HOWEVER I would not have time to add custom things to them like the world or radio links at the top.) - Options: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=themes We could start a thread for people to pick their favorite options.

OR do you mean you would like the ability to add custom CSS to this theme? Which would allow you to change colours and background images etc? (I think we can do this too, Id just need to figure out how!)

Anything goes, buddy.

Web design is my passion!

fLaMEd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2022 @153.00 »

@Melon is there a way to browse the forum with out the framed sidebar?

Edit looks like I can use this URL to remove the frame :smile: https://melonking.net/frames/forum.html
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022 @159.06 by fLaMEd » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2022 @520.25 »

Edit looks like I can use this URL to remove the frame :smile: https://melonking.net/frames/forum.html

The direct forum address is https://forum.melonking.net that also lets you share urls to posts. I was worndering if the frame was annoying people, Ill add some way to pop out of it easily :tongue:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
fLaMEd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2022 @844.46 »

The direct forum address is https://forum.melonking.net that also lets you share urls to posts. I was worndering if the frame was annoying people, Ill add some way to pop out of it easily :tongue:

Thank you, will use forum.melonking.net :cheesy:

Yes it was annoying in that the screen I have had the forum open during the day is to the right of my work screen and the constant animation in my peripheral was insane :tongue:
fLaMEd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2022 @16.90 »

Hopefully this makes sense - in the sub forum lists, make the last forum posted date eg
Code
 January 27, 2022, 08:16:01 pm
be clickable to take you the new post.

This is already on the forum main page.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2022 @906.34 »

Hopefully this makes sense - in the sub forum lists, make the last forum posted date eg
Code
 January 27, 2022, 08:16:01 pm
be clickable to take you the new post.

This is already on the forum main page.

Done! You can now do this on the MelonLand theme, the CiniLand theme already does this but you need to click a separate icon next to the date.

fLaMEd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2022 @363.34 »

amazing! yay! thank you.

have not dived into themes yet but will check out cinni's theme soon!
fLaMEd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2022 @365.57 »

last one for this week (i think)

can the font-size for quote's be increased `font-size: x-small;` is too tiny!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2022 @42.00 »

I made quote text a little bigger, do you find it more readable now?

EDIT: Also no worries, keep em comming! :grin:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022 @43.40 by Melooon » Logged

fLaMEd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2022 @88.03 »

At first glance (on iPad) looking okay! Will let you know :tongue:
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2022 @220.80 »

I think one feature that would be helpful is the ability to make custom colors on the default text color option. (This might be a feature already but I don't know.)

:ozwomp: my beloved

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2022 @549.71 »

I think one feature that would be helpful is the ability to make custom colors on the default text color option. (This might be a feature already but I don't know.)

I did think of this, however the issue is that whatever colours are picked must be readable on both the MelonLand theme and the Cinni theme, one is light and one is dark, so there are actually A LOT of colours that are unreadable on one or the other. If there are any colours you'd like added though, post them in the Colours! thread and we can test them!

dokodemo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*Toro dancing* *Toro dancing* *Toro dancing* *Toro

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2022 @983.88 »

hey hey! ive been on here quite a bit recently and ive came up with some suggestions.
i think we should have an option to change the width of the site, i dont really know how to explain it, but pokefarm q has this feature. you can basically select a width for the main content and forum. i have a large monitor so reading through forum posts is kind of difficult when each line is SO long.
also i think the profile editor should have the little buttons at the top to insert bbcode, for those (myself) who dont know every bbcode tag
and on the topic of bbcode tags, i remember a while ago i was trying to insert an image to which you had to resize since i couldnt figure out how to resize an image with bbcode. ive seen some forums have a little popup box when inserting an image that lets you chose its size. i feel like that would be something cool to have
if these features already exist, you can ignore this. im blind as a bat :ziped:

A hungry Shinx appears!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5442
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3357
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Replies: 7
Views: 3754
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi