Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @529.26 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 80/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Forum feature requests and Ideas

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print
Author Topic: Forum feature requests and Ideas  (Read 21328 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2024 @17.99 »

I have close to 0 experience in JS though, but I'm close to bilingual (french-english) and I think I could be up for the task.
I have enabled French as a selectable language on account settings; much of the forum comes pre-translated but a lot of things will be broken (especially all the image buttons) or untranslated. If you'd like to test it out, identify missing translations, and translate them, then provide me with a list of where each translation should go, I can look into adding them into the code.

I created a thread for this task here: https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=2491.0

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2024 @661.50 »

Maybe someone already said, but could we have more smileys maybe?  :eyes:

also, i would love a "point shop" where you can use points to buy lil gifts to put with the icons we already have
<--- below our profile on posts. like cute lil items we can obtain to put there.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2024 @663.75 »

could we have more smileys maybe?
Yesss this is on the list! A few people have been asking and I should get around to it!

below our profile on posts. like cute lil items we can obtain to put there.
Sooo anyone whos a full member can actually give those gifts for free; but no one ever does, so it's a system that's not really working right now - many changing it to something like this would be a good idea :omg:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2024 @666.35 »

Yesss this is on the list! A few people have been asking and I should get around to it!
Sooo anyone whos a full member can actually give those gifts for free; but no one ever does, so it's a system that's not really working right now - many changing it to something like this would be a good idea :omg:

oooh yes  :ozwomp:  :loved:

i know the jcink forums have some sort of system at least that works pretty well. it wasn't as intuitive as some of the older forums i used to be on. but i remember it was sooo cool when forums had "shops" with all these super cute pixel items to buy.

formadscience
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2024 @791.28 »

Can there be an option in the site appearance settings to turn off fonts as an accessibility feature? Some of the fonts that people use can be a bit hard to read sometimes.
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Wanna be like :grin: but instead I'm like :sad:

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2024 @152.84 »

Can we have more font and color options? I think one of these fonts would be awesome!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2024 @517.22 »

Can we have more font and color options? I think one of these fonts would be awesome!
We can do more colours! Is there a reason why you are requesting this font? Since it does not seem to be intended for english. We also might be at the limit of fonts for the forum, since they slow things down a tad - we can swap them out, but it might mean removing a less popular font first.

Can there be an option in the site appearance settings to turn off fonts as an accessibility feature? Some of the fonts that people use can be a bit hard to read sometimes.
If you click the "news" icon on the left it will swap you into the readability theme. - I'm aware this is not super clear and there have been requests to improve this in the past that are not forgotten ^^ - I might work on a better solution soon!  :4u:

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2024 @951.50 »

We can do more colours! Is there a reason why you are requesting this font? Since it does not seem to be intended for english. We also might be at the limit of fonts for the forum, since they slow things down a tad - we can swap them out, but it might mean removing a less popular font first.
If you click the "news" icon on the left it will swap you into the readability theme. - I'm aware this is not super clear and there have been requests to improve this in the past that are not forgotten ^^ - I might work on a better solution soon!  :4u:

I just thought that, since ur irish, having an irish style font would be something up your alley :p Now i need to figure out what colors should be added, because theres like, a bajillion different colors!

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #248 on: April 26, 2024 @75.71 »

I think i'd like a feature where i can bookmark specific forum topics

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #249 on: April 26, 2024 @462.40 »

I think i'd like a feature where i can bookmark specific forum topics

I believe there is usually a bookmark function built into most modern browsers! :ha: (Is there something you think is lacking from a regular bookmark)

BUTCHBONEZ
Casual Poster

' with flowers growing out of your head '

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #250 on: Today at @132.72 »

It'd be nice to have a blogging tool [similar to spacehey]. I know it's probably not gonna happen but i just thought i'd mention it anyways . :]

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5481
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3375
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Replies: 7
Views: 3777
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi