Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 21, 2024 - @184.25 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 39/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Forum feature requests and Ideas

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print
Author Topic: Forum feature requests and Ideas  (Read 28762 times)
larvapuppy
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #285 on: September 15, 2024 @784.98 »

If I'm not mistaken on board pages, threads that are unread have the word "New" at the end of their title?
While on the homepage, boards that have newly posted topics since you last looked have an illuminated city (or star on the blue theme).

I use the regular theme, and I have to admit that I didn't notice there was a greyed out version of the city vs a colourful version on the homepage!  :ok:  Thanks for letting me know, I'll make use of this from now on.  :unite:

the end of an era, one starts anew
xixxii
Full Member ⚓︎

they/them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Web 1.0 Picture Size Expertthe xixxiiJoined 2024!
« Reply #286 on: September 17, 2024 @274.87 »

This one has been on and off the cards for a while simply because its not a feature that Iv been able to find a plugin for and its quite complex to custom make it ~ I'm still trying to figure out a fair solutions.
[...]
I'm also kinda aware that a lot of people use the "Recent Posts" list a bit like a social media feed, but since it wasn't designed to be a feed like that, we don't really have the infrastructure to tailor it to peoples wishes the way a feed normally would be.

i do use the recent posts list as my main forum browsing tool! sort of like a social media feed, i suppose. i love to see what's new and on people's minds. i thought it might be relatively simple to mute threads, since muting categories takes threads the recent posts list, but i don't know anything at all about forum software or how it works :ha:

We don't actually have a block or mute system ~ we have an "Ignore private messages from this person" system :ziped: (that's actually what the list is called in the code). Again its a case of ~ blocking is not a feature that seems to exist for this forum software, so we kinda have to invent it from scratch - I think this one would be a little easier to do though, since the code to add and remove people from your ignore list already exists and is working - we just need to tie that code into the post lists, to maybe hide or spoiler posts by ignored people?

interesting!! it seems like it works kind of partway, actually? an ignored user's posts are hidden in the "topic summary" portion of the "post reply" page, interestingly. (it collapses the post and just shows you the username and timestamp and "You are ignoring this user. Show me the post." with "show me the post" being clickable to reveal the post)
not sure what the deal is there but maybe helpful information anyway...?
at any rate, it's nothing super urgent or necessary. if it's difficult to do, then whatever ~ it seems like it'd be a chore to figure out and not especially fun or interesting once figured. plenty of other things to spend one's time on.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 6490
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 2
Views: 3953
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Started by MelooonBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 7
Views: 4559
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi