Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @535.43 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Forum feature requests and Ideas

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Forum feature requests and Ideas  (Read 20460 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2022 @490.34 »

Would it be possible to remove all the "top 10" lists from the stats page?

Wow Iv literally never clicked that stats button before :omg: You've discovered a new thing :grin:

Id like to maybe hear a bit of feedback on this one from others it's not something Iv ever thought about.

Feel free to start a discussion on it if you like! In the short term you can use an ad-blocker like uBlock to hide those parts of the site if you feel its juts a matter of will power to avoid them; that might help?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2022 @569.44 »

It's not something I feel super strongly about, but my lizard brain is definitely very susceptible to stuff like retweets, leaderboards, etc. Do I even have value as a person if I can't see people engaging with my content?

I would miss the stats if you took them away, but I shouldn't, and that's the problem.
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2022 @963.82 »

I suggest changing some of the smiley codes that interfere with commonly used text smileys.
Either that or replacing them with somewhat more sensible smiley choices.

Code
:smile: :wink: :cheesy: :grin: :angry: :notgood: :omg: :cool: :dunno: :tongue: :sad: :evil: :happy: :ha:
are all commonly used as text-based smileys.

These text smileys are part of older internet culture and sometimes there is no better way to express something than using the ASCII shape; they are timeless and universally understandable. Plus, I like the vibe: elaborate text based constructions to make beautiful little one-line faces and text art have a long history and culture.

Even if we keep on replacing these codes with graphical smileys, I think some of them, while good smileys on their own, do not particularly represent the contexts well in which they are used. For example, :​D is playful-cute, not comparable to the more smug-looking :cheesy:, and :​P is normally used for "tongue in cheek" things, not being bratty like :tongue:.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2022 @997.80 »

So I agree (it was default on the forum when first setup) BUT as far as I know changing emojis now will actually break all old smilies already existing on the forum :notgood:

HOWEVER there is a vague intention behind it too. Im secretly trying to force people into using nose emotes in order to bring them back to mainstream use >:-) :^]

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
DJoftheCoven
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Eng. Esp. Fra. 한

View Profile WWW

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2022 @33.95 »

Speaking of emotes, if I may make a humble request... I'd like some more cat emotes. These lil guys are so cute but there's only 2! :ha: :4u:

Zusk
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: zusk

View Profile

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2022 @94.41 »

Speaking of emotes, if I may make a humble request... I'd like some more cat emotes. These lil guys are so cute but there's only 2! :ha: :4u:

More cats, yess :ha:
bythemeadow
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/faer

View Profile WWW

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2022 @95.79 »

i agree on both emoticon fronts! i like the forum emotes a lot but i would also like the option to add a '/' in the front and back or something to use the original ones as well. and more cats :3

puhuhuhuhu
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2022 @926.48 »

More cats have been added!

bythemeadow
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/faer

View Profile WWW

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2022 @15.15 »

More cats have been added!

THEY ARE SO AWESOME I LOVE THEM !!!! :dive: :unite: :ha: :4u: :transport: :TnT: :cheerR:

puhuhuhuhu
hAiled_Acorn

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2022 @728.29 »

Nsimsun

More boards in the interests category. there are more interests besides video games, music, and passive consumption of media. like reading, for example. reading books.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2022 @965.08 »

like reading, for example. reading books.

Hmm, I was sorta combining that with writing in the "Writers Corner" board, since I assumed most people who were into reading would also be into writing, but point taken!

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2022 @509.31 »

I second the merge with the writing board. We don't need more fragmentation :smile:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2022 @22.80 »

Should we make the Writers Corner also include Manga? Is that an appropriate combination (since they are both books)?

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2022 @28.99 »

Should we make the Writers Corner also include Manga? Is that an appropriate combination (since they are both books)?

To me it makes more sense to combine anime and manga (it goes without saying that there's a huge overlap), but excluding Manga from the writers corner also seems wrong. Then again, spreading out manga discussion over two boards could get confusing...

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
SilkSkull

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2022 @214.44 »

I'm not sure if you do this already because this is my first year being here but a Christmas theme or maybe community Christmas events like the Halloween page event could be awesome! It feels like a big family on here so I would love to celebrate with you all! :transport:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5326
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3298
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Replies: 7
Views: 3673
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi