Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @456.39 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 66/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Things you love that no one else relates too?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Things you love that no one else relates too?  (Read 2047 times)
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2023 @846.64 »

I know a few other metalheads in my town, but they're "pure" metalheads and won't listen to anything else. No jazz, no Euro-classical, no prog, and certainly no fusion. They like their metal old-school; it's gotta be about women, leather, and Hell, and it can't have any keyboards. Female vocalists are right out; they'd call Girlschool or Lita Ford "corsetcore".

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
Snow
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2023 @587.66 »

I know a few other metalheads in my town, but they're "pure" metalheads and won't listen to anything else. No jazz, no Euro-classical, no prog, and certainly no fusion. They like their metal old-school; it's gotta be about women, leather, and Hell, and it can't have any keyboards. Female vocalists are right out; they'd call Girlschool or Lita Ford "corsetcore".

Aww, shoot.. I love Girlschool. :c And I like different types of metal too from time to time, there's some good stuff out there IMO!

On Topic, I'll throw in one more thing I love that no-one else relates to: cartography, be it making my own maps, geographical, topographical, or anything else, as well as collecting vintage maps. I have a framed map from the British Antarctic Survey of Alexander Island in Antarctica, dating back to the 1960s that's in really good condition. It's my favourite map I own!

* Alexander Island Map.PNG (574.49 kB, 483x687 - viewed 13 times.)
rinni
Casual Poster

IS YOUR MEMORY CARD SET CORRECTLY?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2023 @992.47 »

Woahh!! This thought brought back some memories!  :cheesy:

I used to be super into this little gem of a webcomic called Helvetica! If i remember correctly, this comic was what inspired the names of Sans and Papyrus in Undertale! It started being published in 2011, and was semi-consistent semi-hiatus hell until 2017! After a big five page update it just... stopped? The creator is active, and by the time of the last update, they started working as a colorist on another comic, so maybe that and life in general got in the way? There were plenty of people active in the comments, and a few pieces of fanart posted in a few places, but I don't think a real fandom ever grew. I've never met anyone that knew about it existing! I still have a soft spot for Helvetica. The concept is just so interesting, and the characters are all delightful! I hope someday it starts back up again somehow.

Another thing that i love that doesn't seem to have grown a huge following is the 'The Legendary Starfy' franchise of games. Five games total, but only one of them ever released outside of Japan. There's a pretty in-depth Wiki, and I have come across quite a bit of fanart around the internet. So there's a few dedicated fans, but not to too many. I've been trying to find a vintage plush of Starfy that only ever released in Japan, but no luck yet.

One more game that I played as a child that I still love to this day is one very simply called 'The Bee Game'! As far as I know, it was made based on a Maya the Bee cartoon, not sure exactly which because I think there was a reboot? It's a platformer with some basic combat (Pollen-slinging?) mechanics! It even had some minigames, including a coloring book! I still own the cartridge. What nice memories. I've never found anything online about this game in terms of discussion, i think.

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2023 @50.21 »

I'm not sure if this is too broad of an answer, but my immediate thought was: Fictional fangirl culture. And by that I mean... Take how some people fawn over celebrities but replace those celebrities with fictional characters!

It's nothing too extreme, but I only have one online friend that gets invested in fictional worlds the same way I do. The fanfiction, the fanart, the talking at length about characters that we love to such a strong degree, roleplaying, crafting AU's, buying merch, etc. Most other people in my life (excluding my mom, thank you mom!) thinks that my behaviour is weird or cringe, and at most my friends tend to tolerate my ramblings rather than take part. Which is fine! I'm not seeking for them to like everything that I like, but sometimes I just want to... Fangirl, yknow?!

I'm thankful at least to have that one friend who shares this interest with me though! I don't think that to the general online world that this "hobby" is unrelatable, but it is within my friend group.  :dive:

Also sea monkeys? It seems to be making a small comeback but it's nothing like it was when I first got into the hobby.
Also I'm here to say that I'm obsessed with Sea Monkeys and currently keep two tanks of them :D!!! They're on their third generation right now!
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2023 @158.68 »

Movies (or just art in general) that have beak, disturbing themes don't seem to have as big of an effect on me as other people. I can get unnerved and freaked out by certain scenes, but that never lowers my overall enjoyment or perception of the film. I just simply recognize that feeling disgusted or horrified was the artist's intention and judge it on its own merits for that. That's why I get mildly ticked when people label a movie as bad simply because parts of it are upsetting (unless it's like genuinely triggering for them. I don't think SA victims should watch movies about it, especially if it causes them to relive their experiences.)

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 10
Views: 1792
Last post March 19, 2024 @764.99
by starbreaker
Tiny things, a topic for tiny things

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 18
Views: 3629
Last post August 23, 2023 @886.10
by 4ivilo
Weird/peculiar things you do when drawing

Started by DarmodejBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 15
Views: 2393
Last post September 09, 2023 @764.76
by bingus_baby

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi