Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @222.55 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  My new side project: status.cafe

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: My new side project: status.cafe  (Read 5897 times)
Obspogon
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Hi

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2021 @58.44 »

Interesting how this was technically how Twitter was meant to be used, but I never used Twitter like that. I think it's because this can basically act as a billboard on my site, so it's easier for me to conceptualize this as a status updater than Twitter.

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2021 @238.83 »

Interesting how this was technically how Twitter was meant to be used, but I never used Twitter like that. I think it's because this can basically act as a billboard on my site, so it's easier for me to conceptualize this as a status updater than Twitter.

yes good point! i like that i can embed it & customize it! i was just thinking how i wanted to expand on the "site stats" section of my site so this was the perfect thing haha. i also never cared for twitter, used it once in like 2011 and left forever

m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2021 @429.86 »

It's fascinating to see how ideas evolve. I went to the Internet Archive to check the twitter in the early days and you're right, it looked really similar! It somehow evolved from a place to update status to a full-fledged social network.

m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2021 @732.01 »

Finally finished a little update I meant to do for a while. It's now possible to get a badge (80x15) that display your latest emoji. It auto updates when it's changed. I struggled a little to get it to work. I had to import a set of emoji images and manipulate images on the backend. But I'm rather satisfied with what it looks like :happy: I've the badge to my signature. Hope it's useful to some of you!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021 @847.72 by m15o » Logged

Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2021 @828.66 »

This is an incredibly nifty update! I can only imagine the wrangling it took to get it working properly, but the end result looks awesome.

Status Cafe Profile
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2021 @97.29 »

Minus a few broken emoji, it works really well on my first gen iPad :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2021 @347.23 »

wooow love that you have a first gen iPad! Yeaaa it seems like single character emojis work while two character ones don't. :ozwomp:

xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2022 @235.36 »

Another excellent project m15o!

Things I love:
  • The level of customization possible.
  • Ease of registration (this can't be stated enough)
  • Subscriptions via atom vs a follow system.
  • Status widget!
  • The very clean user experience. No bloat!

Which I realize is basically every single feature of this project LOL, but I'm really liking what I am seeing so far. Looking forward to using it and seeing how others utilize it as well.

Thanks for sharing this!

Melon you have sown some seeds of chaos and/or turned into a new web cryptid... that one user who wrote "I did not visit Melon's profile! I don't even know who he/she/it is ..." lmao...

your layout is so awesome!!! :O i didn't realize we could do all that! i have work to do @_@ <3
Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2022 @823.32 »

your layout is so awesome!!! :O i didn't realize we could do all that! i have work to do @_@ <3

*_* Thanks xandra! I had a lot of fun tinkering with it. I have to say I did not realize how much I missed customizing layouts until the canvas presented itself (thanks again, m15o :grin:smile:

And very much agreed, it's incredible seeing the different ways people can spruce up their profiles with their personal touch. If you've got time to tinker with it, I look forward to seeing what you do with yours!

Status Cafe Profile
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2022 @838.01 »

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2024 @844.48 »

Don't know if it's the proper place to ask but how do I set a background color for the statuses ? Currently it's transparent ant not going well with the background picture, if this isn't the proper place I'll move this to another topic !
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2024 @855.17 »

Don't know if it's the proper place to ask but how do I set a background color for the statuses ? Currently it's transparent ant not going well with the background picture, if this isn't the proper place I'll move this to another topic !

CSS, just style it like any other div on your site. I believe if you put modifiers under "#statuscafe { }" in your CSS it should work

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2024 @882.11 »

Yes it's working, I just had trouble with the spaghetti code I was trying to give to status.cafe. Thanks a lot for the help !
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 2131
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
What does a successful project mean to you?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 7
Views: 2815
Last post December 13, 2021 @810.09
by Cobra!
Project: Kits

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 7
Views: 2166
Last post January 14, 2022 @865.29
by Obspogon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi