Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @709.65 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 48/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  posts from the rotating cube

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: posts from the rotating cube  (Read 776 times)
loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: ribose
iMood: ribose

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Learning to swim!Joined 2022!
« on: December 06, 2022 @914.48 »

hello melonland!

:pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc:

i'm loren! i'm a molecular biology graduate student, a science fiction fan, a music enjoyer, and (of course) a haver of hobbies. some of my most persistent hobbies are insect photography, playing video games, and building model kits.

my only experiences with internet forums were on the neoboards, but i haven't been an active neopets user in over a decade! :omg: back then i was mostly a lurker, and even today most of my behavior on social websites could be described as lurking. by making my own site, i'm trying to get over that a little bit. make more, share more, etc. it's been fun so far! and this seems like a really good community to learn from and share with. i'm looking forward to talking with you all!

oh and i post from here ->

P.S. my favorite html tags are <marquee> and <details>
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022 @919.17 by loren » Logged
helga

a bit of a hater. oh and a loser too

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: helgapataki
iMood: helga

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022 @143.24 »

i saw your website a few days ago! the layout is super unique and cool! retro vhs vibezzzzz
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022 @155.50 »

Really hoping you enjoy it here! As a fellow bobby haver I enjoy your website, it reminds me of how creative you can be with html. I would love to learn about your interests, as well as that fascinating cube you post from. I haven't seen a cube that cozy in ages

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022 @187.38 »

Hi loren, welcome to the forum :4u:

Oh I do like it when people make use of the bbcode! marquee is one of the last great heros of html! I was looking at your site earlier and its fantastic! I love seeing sites that really stand out, and this one is so pure and confident :ozwomp:

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022 @726.28 »

i saw your website a few days ago! the layout is super unique and cool! retro vhs vibezzzzz

thank you! i've been dithering all of my images with dithermark and i really love how it makes things look.

Really hoping you enjoy it here! As a fellow bobby haver I enjoy your website, it reminds me of how creative you can be with html. I would love to learn about your interests, as well as that fascinating cube you post from. I haven't seen a cube that cozy in ages

i'm enjoying what i've seen so far! lots of great discussions being had here, and i like the slower pace of a forum. thank you for the interest in my site! my goal is to have at least the beginnings of a mecha/model kit page up by the end of the year.
also, the cube is excellent and mysterious and very cozy :ha:

Hi loren, welcome to the forum :4u:

Oh I do like it when people make use of the bbcode! marquee is one of the last great heros of html! I was looking at your site earlier and its fantastic! I love seeing sites that really stand out, and this one is so pure and confident :ozwomp:

three cheers for bbcode!!! :ozwomp: :ozwomp: :ozwomp:

thank you so much for the welcome and for the kind words!
Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022 @876.59 »

love your site design

molecular biology is really cool, I used to have a thing for motor proteins in college (sadly ended up in IT)

you should check out Emmet Gowin's moth photographs (if you haven't already)
loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022 @53.30 »

motor proteins are amazing! i love the way they walk

i hadn't heard of Emmet Gowin before, thank you so much for telling me! these moths are gorgeous!!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022 @148.08 »

motor proteins are amazing! i love the way they walk

This was a strange experience, thank you for bringing this up :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
strwbtea
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023 @658.65 »

Thanks for stopping by to say hi on my topic!! What's your favourite sci-fi media?

edit. I also love your website, esp the bio aspect. :4u:

loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023 @735.94 »

Thanks for stopping by to say hi on my topic!! What's your favourite sci-fi media?

hello again! ooh i have lots of favorites but i will narrow it down to a few:
  • the work of fiction that has moved and shaped me the most and that i recommend to everyone is the left hand of darkness by ursula k le guin. i want to reread it soon, but i've been waiting for it to snow so i can really feel immersed in that world.
  • as a child i was reaaaaally into godzilla (and i've retained a fondness for giant monster movies of all degrees of quality, haha). then i saw pacific rim, loved it, and had a shift in interest from giant monsters to giant robots. i'm working on a webpage that chronicles my thoughts on every mecha show/game/movie/etc i've liked over the past decade but it's slow going. what i will say here is that the original mobile suit gundam series from 1979 is very good. the story is very special to me and the color palettes from that era are unmatched.
  • over the past few years, i read the first four dune books and i love them despite my many complaints about them. a lot of the ideas in it are nuts, and for me to enjoy it i have to go back and forth between taking it seriously and making a joke of it. it's a wild ride but it keeps me thinking about it!

edit. I also love your website, esp the bio aspect. :4u:

thank you, i'm so happy to hear that! my original plan was to use my site to cultivate my other hobbies outside of work-related ones, but i couldn't help myself. i was drawn to biology for a reason! having fun with bio-related pages has reminded me of how much i love it and has really helped me feel less burnt out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi