Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @783.74 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 35/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Post your DeskTOP

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Post your DeskTOP  (Read 7372 times)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« on: December 17, 2022 @699.09 »

Heres a thread for showing pics of your desktop! This isnt for your actual computer desk but the virtual one on the screen. Heres Mine.

* Capture.jpg (110.06 kB, 560x328 - viewed 669 times.)

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022 @729.53 »

I love your Persona 4 bg! This is mine, the bg is by the illustrator Ikegami Yoriyuki (this piece: https://www.booooooom.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Yoriyuki-Ikegami-6.jpg). Upper left hand corner is for browsers, antivirus, and more basic programs. Lower left is for video games. Upper right is for art/audi:ha:visual programs and game making stuff.

* desktop.jpg (114.72 kB, 380x213 - viewed 435 times.)

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022 @753.08 »

I feel like people might expect me to have a super custom desktop, but I actualy just use one of the default wallpapers - I really like the current gen of wallpapers! I keep a notepad app open for ideas - a few of the icons in the dock are custom - and a lot of the menubar is using iStat. In the bottom right are quick action apps that do things like compress images! Overall I think its functional :smile:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2022 @868.50 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022 @817.33 »

It's pretty standard-like I think. Just some programs and games and art of my fav characters.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022 @865.61 »

This is my desktop of my Zorin OS Lite (it's a bit outdated and there's not much to see lol, I have not used my alternate hard drive with Linux since I changed my motherboard):

My Windows ME VM:

And this one from my Acer Aspire 4315 laptop with antiX Linux 19 (I don't think this can be called a "desktop" since it's actually a window manager).

edit: Days ago I decided to replace my old Zorin OS installation to Linux Mint XFCE due to some performance problems I was having. Nothing new honestly, I simply reused the same wallpaper and tried to customize it almost the same to the Manjaro style.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2023 @799.79 by GeckoF » Logged
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2022 @948.81 »

I have a dual monitor setup with a CRT as the second monitor, and I use it to play older games and watch internet videos/streams. I use Ubuntu 20.04 XFCe with the Chicago95 theme, which is a spitting image of Windows 95!

Here's my current desktop on my Windows 98 Laptop

And the desktop of my iBook G3 (Running MacOS9)

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2022 @22.11 »

Heres a thread for showing pics of your desktop! This isnt for your actual computer desk but the virtual one on the screen. Heres Mine.

If I may ask, what OS are you using?
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2022 @245.06 »

A lot of old desktops I see!

Here is my current desktop (subject to change):

:ozwomp: my beloved

JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2022 @598.74 »

If I may ask, what OS are you using?
Windows 7 just really customized to look cool.

Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2022 @802.49 »

a classic forum thread! my desktops aren't terribly interesting, but here they are anyway:

the desktop of my modern pc, which runs windows 10. i usually hate desktop icons and prefer to launch programs from the taskbar or powertoys run instead, so it's totally bare:

the desktop of my sony vaio pcv-w30, running windows xp:

and finally my phone's home screen, which i've customized to death. it runs android 11, but you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at it!

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2022 @885.50 »

What phone is it? Its square so lemme guess! Unihertz Titan/Titan Pocket!

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2022 @930.10 »

a classic forum thread! my desktops aren't terribly interesting, but here they are anyway:

the desktop of my sony vaio pcv-w30, running windows xp:

and finally my phone's home screen, which i've customized to death. it runs android 11, but you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at it!

Oooh, how did you get those custom icons on your android 11?

Also I love the use of the Royale Noir theme on your XP machine. Such a shame it was never officially released by Microsoft, it became my favorite XP theme when I first learned of it!
Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2022 @975.58 »

What phone is it? Its square so lemme guess! Unihertz Titan/Titan Pocket!
you’re right - it’s a unihertz titan pocket!

Oooh, how did you get those custom icons on your android 11?
i’m using total launcher, a wildly customizable launcher that lets you edit your home screen as if you’re using a graphics editor. it also lets you use any pictures saved on your device as icons for apps and folders, so i just used icons from this wonderfully 2010s icon pack!

JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2022 @992.16 »

I wanna get one some day. Too bad im stuck with this stupid zflip that im scared to even use. I really gotta write an article about how i hate it? Also can you send pictures of how sites look on the square screen? Im scared itll be messed up and its the only real reason i would or wouldnt get it.

Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2022 @653.19 »

I wanna get one some day. Too bad im stuck with this stupid zflip that im scared to even use. I really gotta write an article about how i hate it? Also can you send pictures of how sites look on the square screen? Im scared itll be messed up and its the only real reason i would or wouldnt get it.

sure! i primarily use my phone just for IM and texting with the occasional quick google/gmaps search here and there, so i don't do a whole lot of web browsing on it. for the most part, websites seem to work acceptably on it, but you won't be able to see near as much of the page at once due to the fact that it has a small, square screen instead of a big, tall one. because of that small square screen, i wouldn't recommend it if you do a lot of smartphone-y tasks such as watching videos, playing games, browsing lots of websites/social media, or editing photos/videos. however, it really shines as an IM device, so if you mostly just use your phone for messaging like i do, it's fantastic!

google and discord work just fine, for example:

google maps is crowded but still usable. google maps' GPS navigation also works pretty decently on it if you use your phone for that.

however, there are a few notable examples of websites that are designed specifically for tall screens that don't behave well on square ones.

websites like (the infamously bad) fandom that use the top/bottom of your screen as free real estate for advertising will fill up basically the entire screen with ads, becoming borderline unusable:

most shopping sites will size product photos to be the entire width of your phone screen. if it's a big photo, like this kallax on ikea's website, it might end up being taller than the screen is! youtube does the same thing, so you can only see one thumbnail at a time while scrolling through a list of videos.

if there's any other sites or anything in particular you want to see, just let me know!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022 @657.71 by Frost Sheridan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Payphone spotting! - Post pictures of Payphones

Started by MelooonBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 23
Views: 3211
Last post April 20, 2024 @748.18
by zj
Collecting Webgardens - Post your webgarden & greenhouse!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 34
Views: 13206
Last post Today at @150.30
by honowo
Post your Lego Creations here!

Started by NeonriserBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 7
Views: 2064
Last post November 21, 2023 @291.50
by wetnoodle

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi