Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @905.01 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 39/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Post your DeskTOP

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Post your DeskTOP  (Read 7428 times)
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2023 @29.55 »

you’re right - it’s a unihertz titan pocket!

Wow, I had no idea that there were Blackberry-esque phones still being made, that's actually super cool! I shouldn't be surprised really, seeing as they released a new Razr in the past few years. What's with the resurgence of new-old phone tech anyway? I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about mobile tech as I am retro or desktop tech so this kind of stuff tends to fly under my radar.

And the desktop of my iBook G3 (Running MacOS9)

I love the look of your iBook SO MUCH:cheesy: I really really miss the Classic MacOS look and feel, and your background fits the era perfectly. Do you use it for anything?

Ignore my messy desktop please  :ohdear:

It's fairly simple but I quite like it. Maybe I should organize it and add some cool widgets!

I like this!  :cheesy: I've got nothing to say about the cleanliness of your desktop, so I don't think it's nearly as messy as you believe it to be. I've seen much... MUCH worse, trust me.  :ziped:

a classic forum thread! my desktops aren't terribly interesting, but here they are anyway:

the desktop of my modern pc, which runs windows 10. i usually hate desktop icons and prefer to launch programs from the taskbar or powertoys run instead, so it's totally bare:

Honestly I am exactly the same, I'm not sure exactly when it happened, maybe during the Windows 8.1 era, but I just stopped using desktop icons altogether. It's just so much faster and convenient to use either the taskbar icons, or Start+Search for anything I want to run nowadays. This is actually a good segue for showing my desktop.

Just like @Frost Sheridan, I've abandoned desktop icons, so mine is pretty boring and bare honestly.  :sad:  And I've not really had any inclination on customizing my desktop since the WinXP days, not sure why...  :dunno:  The most I do nowadays is use Wallpaper Engine to run animated wallpapers, or different wallpapers on each of my monitors. I'm running the same wallpaper on both monitors right now so I'm just positng my main monitor screen.  :dive:

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2023 @24.34 »

I dunno if window managers counts but i will leave this here anyways

IceWM running on my main Linux Mint machine
using as theme IceMatcha by ItzSelenux (saludos btw)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023 @552.13 by GeckoF » Logged
j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2023 @83.26 »

edit: image no longer available at source, sorry!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024 @457.19 by j » Logged

i go by j, she/they :)
drakonic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Tiny Birthday DragonJoined 2023!
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2023 @888.59 »

I have a dual monitor setup with a CRT as the second monitor, and I use it to play older games and watch internet videos/streams. I use Ubuntu 20.04 XFCe with the Chicago95 theme, which is a spitting image of Windows 95!
Oh, I've got to take note of that theme. I mainly use KDE but for using certain programs I need XFCE, and my XFCE environment looks sooo boring!

you’re right - it’s a unihertz titan pocket!
Like inkerlink, I too had no idea there are phones like this still being made! It is awesome to see that there are manufacturers out there making modern smartphones with unusual designs and hardware features (for a modern smartphone)

Gonna drop in my desktops as well! I am currently using a fairly modern DELL laptop in my day-to-day, with two desktop environments, KDE and XFCE.

KDE:

(wallpaper is the book cover artwork for "Moon Rising" from the Wings of Fire series)

XFCE:

As you can see, I, too like keeping my desktop empty  :smile: I barely get to see it, since I usually have everything maximised.

I need to spruce up my XFCE desktop at some point  :ok:

Skykristal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2023 @451.50 »

mine is pretty clean. I dislike having regular icons on my desktop and always have them hidden. But I instead use some rainmeter skins. Especially on my second screen. I have an asus zenbook 14 duo (which is a laptop with two screens). Most of the mess is primarily happening on that little touchscreen.

I also have my Windows 11 set to windows classic. (with windowblinds 11) I am actually not into old-looking interfaces. most of it looks pretty ugly to me. But I like this one a lot. Colored it cyan instead of the default colors however.

Wallpapers are random, I like to change them here and there. Often I also love to use wallpaper engine from steam to get more fancy backgrounds. Or I just use art of my ocs :D

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2023 @942.26 »

On my desktop I have shortcuts for what I use the most, and in my menu I pinned common system maintenance applications I use. I do keep them organized in my own way.
Spoiler
[close]
As a Linux user, here's the mandatory neofetch screenshot as well.
Spoiler
[close]
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2023 @792.09 »

I keep it plain. tbf I rarely look at my desktop these days. I still like to change my wallpaper monthly tho. ignore the messed up recycle bin icon... I forgot to fix it after deleting the custom icons I was using... that I forgot I was using. whoops.
Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Punk-Rock Mustelizard from Beyond the Stars

iMood: Badgersaurus

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2023 @812.45 »

It's so fun seeing how different people have their computers set up! Here's mine:

Not terribly exciting, compared to some people's. I like to organize things visually so I have loads of stuff just lying around on my desktop for files, and I always have shortcuts for whatever games I'm currently playing. My wallpaper is currently some promo art for the old comic 'Cadillacs and Dinosaurs', which I always say I'm going to read and then never do, but I change it out every few months or so.
You can't see it here but I always like to change my Firefox theme to match my wallpaper and desktop, too.
(Edited to show off my cool vertical taskbar :D)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023 @581.45 by Badgersaurus » Logged

Rock n' Roll High-School...er
chillycat

super rad and super chill

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2023 @176.30 »

This is what mine currently looks like!
I just occasionally change the wallpaper to really anything that interests me that month lol  :dive:

* desktop.PNG (515.98 kB, 855x480 - viewed 41 times.)
Daryl Sun
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2023 @225.54 »

I keep my desktop clean to improve my laptop's startup speed. Instead, I have my shortcuts to my most-used programs on my taskbar: Windows File Explorer, Librewolf, Windows Terminal, and VSCodium.

Here's my laptop's system information from fastfetch:

elliebees
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2023 @247.52 »

I have a double monitor setup, so here are my two desktops !  :pc:  :pc:

The main one is a CRT, has my icons on it, and I use it for my main programs.

The secondary one I keep a bit more clutter free, and use it for secondary programs or for when I need two programs open side by side.

The wallpapers are both screenshots from the PC game I Spy Spooky Mansion ! It was an absolute favourite of mine as a kid.  :chef:

plantovision
Jr. Member ⚓︎

born to ":3" forced to ":)"

StatusCafe: plantovision
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2023 @753.16 »

BEHOLD! I AM BASIC!

This is just a solid color...

* basic.PNG (13.53 kB, 768x432 - viewed 275 times.)

born to be silly, forced to be stupid
Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2023 @618.87 »

i just got a new laptop recently (13" macbook air M2) so i decided to make my own custom wallpaper for it!

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

Azure
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2023 @916.35 »

here's my lemur pro running pop!_os!!! i just got it recently and it's been super fun trying to acclimatize to it since i'm so used to my old macbook air :ozwomp:

* screenshotcompressed.png (545.3 kB, 1920x1080 - viewed 45 times.)
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2023 @536.84 »

I dunno if window managers counts but i will leave this here anyways

IceWM running on my main Linux Mint machine
using as theme IceMatcha by ItzSelenux (saludos btw)

damn, I see this today and that taskbar sucks a lot lol. before that hard drive where I had Linux Mint installed broke I had modified it a bit to have a Windows 98 style look and it was pretty nice, I regret not taking a screenshot with that (and I hope to have a copy of that theme somewhere).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023 @541.11 by GeckoF » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Payphone spotting! - Post pictures of Payphones

Started by MelooonBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 23
Views: 3218
Last post April 20, 2024 @748.18
by zj
Collecting Webgardens - Post your webgarden & greenhouse!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 34
Views: 13232
Last post April 24, 2024 @150.30
by honowo
Post your Lego Creations here!

Started by NeonriserBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 7
Views: 2064
Last post November 21, 2023 @291.50
by wetnoodle

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi