Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @455.60 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?  (Read 6571 times)
princemaggots
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mew... <33

StatusCafe: hellspit
iMood: princemaggots

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2023 @824.65 »

This one was based off of a book I read in middle school (Born to Rock), where the main character's bio dad has the stage name King Maggot. I didn't really like the "king" title (still don't), so I used prince instead, and this username was born! I used to alternate between adding the "s" or not (particularly on sites where princemaggot was taken for whatever reason) but these days I usually put the s.

My other usual one, as linked in my site name - hellspit - was originally my character's username, based off the band angelspit, but then I stole it for my site so I'd have a different name than my usuals <3

thesolitarygamer
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2023 @40.63 »

Truth be told i made this username up on the spot one day after being tired of an older username I had when I was like, 14 or 15 that felt rather cringe using. Was on a Johnny Cash binge at the time, one of my favorite songs I listened to at the time was Solitary Man. Also really loved gaming. So kinda ended up becoming 'TheSolitaryGamer' lol
strwbtea
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2023 @68.94 »

i love strawberries, i love tea, simple as that. strawberry tea is also amazing

Anonicus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2023 @85.97 »

This ones kind of an easy one.
I have went through many usernames over the years, even one username I have been using since I turned 18 as a change of pace.

But Anonicus, Well this was actually because I wanted Anonymity. Believe it or not but I was quite known on the web in general and proceeded to even appear in a few youtube videos and mainly I was someone that was part of a quite large community of people on certain social medias. But because I wanted a fresh start (And only bringing people I can trust around me), I wanted to bring back more of my anonymity to the public. So, I became Anonicus.

Was I a good or bad person prior? Well, That depends on how you view me as I did had plenty of people telling me how good of a person I am, and then I also had people who downright hated me. I'm not too sure to say.

My personal Website: https://anonicus.neocities.org/
Nippo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2023 @731.69 »

Mine is a pretty funny situation. Most people think that my name is associated with "Nippon", but it is not the case. :cheerR:

This was before Super Mario Odyssey was coming out, and so they were releasing promotional material for the game. One of these was an image of Mario shirtless, and the internet decided to highlight his nipples, saying "omg mario is confirmed to have nipples" like any human being would.

So I decided it would be funny to make an Instagram account (when I used it at the time, lol) under the name marios_nipples. I made some friends on the account and someone decided to call me "Nippo" and so it stuck, since it sounded cute.

It is funny when people poke fun at my username and call me "nipple" when it is actually the origin behind the name to begin with. :cool:
WingsOfImagination

Beauty Serene Arrow!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2023 @107.64 »

One of my favorite songs is "Yume No Tsubasa" from the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle Anime OST. It always feels relevant to me, or at least it has for 14 years now.
The lyrics talk about the passage of time, about fading memories and believing in our old dreams. Haha, even now it still doesn't fail to make me tear up when listening to it...

"Yume No Tsubasa" directly translates to "Wings Of Dreams" - and even though I tend to dream quite a lot and naturally remember my dreams very well, I felt that WingsOfImagination would make a better fit as a username since I feel that my imagination is more of a core aspect of my personality.

It also makes a nice expression, because I truly believe that our imagination is like our own set of magical wings, allowing us to break free from the harsh shackles of reality, going on to infinity because really nowhere is far enough for the human spirit; which in turn makes reality itself sort of magical and limitless, because if this world allows such things to exist in the form of our thoughts and feelings, surely in a way it is part of the reality we live in? From the very depths of our fears, to the most heavenly glow, they are all here...

TYOMA !!
Casual Poster ⚓︎

all play and no work!

iMood: helianthuspetal

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2023 @914.13 »

I'm sort of........ in between usernames at the moment........ but my current one is a play on the phrase "sacrebleu" in French and means "sacred/holy kisses".

A previous username (that I ended up abandoning because I was trying to escape my previous online life) had a reference to angels in it and I wanted that to carry over, because I'm still obsessed with theology. I just wanted it to be a little less on-the-nose because I used to be an angelkin and it very clearly reflected that. I was also beginning to fall back in love with the rest of the world so I was feeling very lovey-dovey when I came up with it..... "Bisous" are those little cheek kisses you give in greeting, so I was trying to invoke the image of being touched by an angel in passing.

I also considered that sacrebleu was sort of a profane term, so it kinda has a double meaning? But that's a bit too many linguistic layers deep.

now, we're not insane, we're just pretending... 'least i think we are...
well, who really cares that much anyway?
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2023 @29.17 »

Name it after monster movies, they always a Creature Feature, I figure If m gonna make a website about creatures both real or not might as well be.

Althought the biggest running joke is that people keep asking me if I picked the name from the band, dont get me wrong I think they´re kinda cool, but just like the band chnaces we probably both gtook inspiration from horror movies :cheesy:

appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2023 @859.83 »

My username on many sites has been applesauceAlcohol or something similar for a few years now. I originally made it such because of an incident wherein a large jar of applesauce in my fridge had been fermenting due to being simply left in there for so long. I had found it amusing at the time, and so I chose to dub myself as such. It simply stuck since then, lol.
  My website is marxiemarcie, both a simple play on my name, Marcette (I know putting my name on the internet is not always smart, but I chose that name because I like to use it), and also a play on Karl Marx. Also, something something X-Treme aesthetic uses of the letter x. It's just cool!!!!!

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
spiders
Casual Poster ⚓︎

jsut hanging out. name is Nico!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2023 @259.00 »

oohhhhh i am @ spiders in most places i am active on / have been active on for long periods of time since like.. 2020. three years is a long time ok.
the reasoning behind it is that i am (most like used to be) Terrified of spiders, but i still need them to be in my home getting rid of the mosquitoes and Miscellaneous SixLegged Beasts that torment me through the year, and i felt kind of the same way about so many things about my life and such. it's terrifying to be Someone Somewhere but it is also the only thing that will make everything worth the effort :TnT: :TnT:
overall pretty solid name, a 7/10 on the basis that i love the number 7

teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2023 @346.08 »

due to this sites small userbase i thought WOAH I CAN CHOOSE ANY SILLY USERNAME I WANT. and then i named myself after tea :omg:k: and the short film of "tea time"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023 @348.13 by teatime » Logged
levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2023 @686.16 »

my name comes from the main character of the game soul nomad, they're named revya and I really liked how that sounded so I changed the r to an l and made it my own haha

my other username that I use for social media and stuff, awepossum, comes from my love of opossums and portmanteaus (awesome + possum)~

almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2023 @915.96 »

I've username hopped a buuunch but I eventually abandoned my old username [it's only still attached to my soundcloud] because someone brought up some valid concerns about it and I agreed with them so I decided to change it! I wanted something that I connected with a lot still though and since I struggle with illnesses that leave me feeling less connected to reality and struggle with feeling "like a real person" for similar reasons, I came up with Almost Corporeal. I was gonna do just 'Incorporeal' like ghosts are but it was taken on the original website I was trying to use it on [I forget which lol] so I figured Almost Corporeal meant close enough to a similar concept that I was content with it. It's grown on me a lot and while most people still just call me by my name [Maggot/Mags], I still really enjoy it as a handle!

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
Colliewood
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Ca-caww!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2023 @918.26 »

My last username I've been using since i was younger than 10. it also contained my deadname so after using it for a few years after coming out to most people i figured it was time for a change.

Collie is my name and i loved all the collie related puns. Border Collie, Bro-Collie, Melon-Collie, etc etc but Colliewood (hollywood) really stuck with me as having very few connotations and just being good to say and read. So that's been my name for the past 3-4 years slowly integrating different accounts into it.

She/Her Canadian anarchist. Mythological Post-Modern Urban/Folk-Gothic Decolonial of 26 years
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2023 @5.59 »

Mine is "Commodore" and ":grin:omg:rn" mixed together. I actually chose commodore because it was a word (or title) I noticed a lot in Star Trek TOS. And uh.. Dorn is just the last name of the actor for Worf. I like Worf. I thought it was cool how computer-y it looked when I made it. (Unrelated to the Commodore 64, by the way. Although, I would like to get one)

* worf_yacht.jpg (162.8 kB, 450x390 - viewed 36 times.)

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Image search the username above you

Started by GuestBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 86
Views: 3911
Last post April 20, 2024 @732.45
by zj
You own a store, but you can only sell your username. What do you sell?

Started by kurohaatoBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 58
Views: 2320
Last post February 08, 2024 @214.16
by Fish
Old Embarrassing Usernames

Started by littenBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 22
Views: 898
Last post December 31, 2023 @542.03
by Absentmind

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi