Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 01, 2024 - @917.72 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?  (Read 6650 times)
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2023 @605.90 »

I was gonna made a monster horror themed site I might was well just named it after a movie genre simple.

Of course a lot of people keeping asking me if I named it after the band. while I´ve heard of them and enjoy their music, its not named after them .it´s more like we both were inspired by the same source.

aoeu
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: aoeu
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2023 @705.71 »

I just used the first four Homerow keys on my keyboard, which maps out to "aoeu" since I use the Dvorak keyboard layout.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023 @712.07 by aoeu » Logged
zanarkand
Jr. Member ⚓︎

october | they/them

iMood: mintyorca
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2023 @788.59 »

i've been replaying final fantasy x and it's my whole life right now <3 zanarkand is a significant location from the game and i love how it sounds and looks.

watermelon3y3s
Casual Poster ⚓︎

my brain is glitching in liquid pain

View Profile

« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2023 @842.93 »

because i like watermelon but i would like to change it to some donut things
im always stealing some fictional character's personality and likes/dislikes  :defrag: 

:melon: :transport: this is what ive come to be.
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2023 @191.53 »

When I was really young, my parents and a few of my teachers would refer to me as "little miss Morgan". Nobody really calls me that anymore, but it's something I've always found to be really cute, so I shortened it into MrsMoe~

mousiecat
Newbie ⚓︎

they/them

StatusCafe: mousiecat
iMood: mousiecat

View Profile WWW

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2023 @193.00 »

mousiecat was my first ever Neopets username back when i was a lil e-baby! because i like mousies and i like cats :unite:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023 @195.97 by mousiecat » Logged
glitterpigeon
Casual Poster

it/ae

View Profile

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2023 @348.16 »

pigeons have irridescent feathers on them! so like, they kind of come with built-in glitter! just a part of their bodies! I am a pigeon I like glitter. perfect name.

pigeons will save the world!!!
ZappaMaestro
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin

iMood: JackParticiple

View Profile WWW

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2023 @110.09 »

For some reason I can never bring myself to share usernames across sites and platforms anymore, so I like to come up with something new every time. When it came to Melonland, I was listening to The Dangerous Kitchen by Frank Zappa when I first stumbled across this place and decided to make an account.

My brain naturally went to using Zappa in the name, but of course what do you pair with a music artist? A couple random numbers would have worked but that feels awfully uninspired to me. Not that there's anything wrong with using numbers in usernames of course; we have all done that before and likely will again. Melonland just felt special though; it was undeserving of mere numbers, so I went with Maestro because that's the name of the Bard's third job in Ragnarok Online.

A musician paired with a musician class in one of my favorite MMOs just seemed too good to pass up.

I understand this sounds super pretentious and I'm sorry for that, but that's the full story there :ok:  :ha:

Have you guessed me, yet? I'm the slime oozin' out from your TV set.

lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

StatusCafe: lime360
iMood: lime360
Matrix: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2023 @680.58 »

probably some old net usernames like: funnyguy920409284509823 and the name of xbox 360

fatgrrlz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

She/They Girl-thing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2023 @171.68 »

Its blunt and says exactly what's on the tin for my content - I draw (and am) fat girl(s). And I think "grrlz" adds a little fun flair to it :3

Funny enough it actually took me a while to debate on a new username, and settled on this one as a hail Mary after spending too long being indecisive.

pinkvampyr
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer

StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
iMood: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2023 @785.63 »

I just like pink and vampires and the url was available on Tumblr sgdgdh eventually it just became my Brand

itsabmovie
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Your Temporary Secretary

View Profile WWW

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2023 @685.78 »

I actually have two usernames I like to go between. The first being "mvkgant" which I've been using since 2020-2021. This comes from a pairing between two Ace Attorney characters, Manfred von Karma and Damon Gant. (Manfreds name is often written as "MVK" in fandom and Damon is usually referred to as his last name, being "Gant". So "MVKGant".) Although my Ace Attorney fixation has faded, these two have always held a deep spot in my heart for various reasons.

My other username I use here :] Being "itsabmovie". This is off of the song from The Brave Little Toaster that I am utterly obsessed with and its on my top 5 songs of all time list.

"Okay, a joke’s a joke and that’s all well and good, but I get enough use out of this site these days that it seems useless to nail the front door closed. Funny, mind you, but useless."
rinni
Casual Poster

IS YOUR MEMORY CARD SET CORRECTLY?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2023 @224.50 »

OHHH THis is a Fun one!!!

I have an interesting little history with my internet handle... I first came up with the name 'Pood' to refer to myself, because I had a fascination with Poodle moths for a bit!! SO I went by that on the internet (twitter, discord) for maybe a year? Everything blurs together lol. But once I joined a... shudders danganronpa rp server... and started using my first dr oc in there, the procedure was to change your nickname to a list of your characters, and people referred to eachother by the name of the first oc in their user, so I just... everyone called me Rinni! And it stuck! And I liked it better than Pood. I think the idea behind Rinni was that I wanted something that sounded like rabbit, but Usagi was far too cliché. SO! Rinni it was. LOL!

malice
Casual Poster ⚓︎

take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby

View Profile WWW

« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2023 @662.09 »

my username is based on this dress made by amy lee of evanescence! i wanted to do something evanescence-y but subtle and i also love alice in wonderland, so malice in wonderland was a perfect site name and malice is the perfect name for me!

any/all + ev/eva ae/aer
thecreechur
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Creechur [he/they]

StatusCafe: thecreechur
iMood: thecreechur

View Profile WWW

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2023 @850.10 »

my username stemmed (like most things in my friend group) from intentional misspellings, and I can't seem to find much of anyone spelling creature like 'creechur' so I thought "I'm having that" lmao. I think it's a good enough username to use as an anonymous alias too, saves me from using my nickname like I have done for so many years :ha:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Image search the username above you

Started by GuestBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 86
Views: 3945
Last post April 20, 2024 @732.45
by zj
You own a store, but you can only sell your username. What do you sell?

Started by kurohaatoBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 58
Views: 2343
Last post February 08, 2024 @214.16
by Fish
Old Embarrassing Usernames

Started by littenBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 23
Views: 936
Last post April 27, 2024 @968.62
by BUTCHBONEZ

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi