Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @86.05 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Libre.Town - New and Improved

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Libre.Town - New and Improved  (Read 1334 times)
« on: December 23, 2022 @878.09 »

Hey there,

after months of absence and being frustrated with the concept and direction of Libre.Town as it used to be, I decided to completely reinvent the page from the ground up with a new goal, art direction and content.

I am proud to say that while the website has almost no content yet, it is accessible, ready to look at, and it works!
I will update this thread with (significant) updates I do to the page, so check the thread every now and then if you like it. :3

So, here it is:
libre.town

It will contain journal entries, shrines, my creative endeavors, a link list, and much more. As you can probably see already, it is much different from what Libre Town used to be; and that is intentional. This one is much closer to an actual personal homepage like many people on here have.
If you are wondering what led me to delete the entirety of old Libre.Town, which had way over a year of work put in it, feel free to read the blog post where I detailed all that happened:
libre.town/thoughts/entry_1.xhtml

Oh, and if you have a cool lil website and want to be listed either as "friend of libre town" in the side bar or in the links section, feel free to reach out here or privately! :smile:

Also feel free to use the Libre.Town badge:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022 @945.60 by /home/user/ » Logged
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022 @901.09 »

I didn't see the old one but I think the new site looks cool :ha: Wanna exchange links with mine?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022 @917.15 »

I didn't see the old one but I think the new site looks cool :ha: Wanna exchange links with mine?

Yeah sure, why not? :smile: I just looked through your page and it looked super interesting!
Do you want to be listed as a "friend of libre town" or in the links section? Or both?
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022 @932.81 »

I think it's really good! LOVE the ASCII art and the dark theme!

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022 @934.14 »

Yeah sure, why not? :smile: I just looked through your page and it looked super interesting!
Do you want to be listed as a "friend of libre town" or in the links section? Or both?

Both is fine for me if it's okay for you because I only have normal links section on my page :smile:
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022 @945.37 »

Both is fine for me if it's okay for you because I only have normal links section on my page :smile:
Well then, I have put you in the sidebar and as soon as I finish up my first link list I will put you on there, too. :grin:

If you want, you can use my badge:

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022 @952.73 »

Well then, I have put you in the sidebar and as soon as I finish up my first link list I will put you on there, too. :grin:

If you want, you can use my badge:

Great, thank you, I added your badge too :grin:
HayleyMulch
Jr. Member ⚓︎

(she/they) | if my grandmother had wheels, etc.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: hayleymulch
iMood: HayleyMulch

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022 @994.26 »

Ah neat! Yes, I came across your page just a few days ago and it was very big with lots of pages to explore. While it was cool, I completely understand though why you'd want to scale it back. It seemed like updating it was a nightmare :ohdear:

It's looking super sleek though, and I look forward to seeing how it progresses. I'll add your badge to my links page!

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2022 @15.95 »

Ah neat! Yes, I came across your page just a few days ago and it was very big with lots of pages to explore. While it was cool, I completely understand though why you'd want to scale it back. It seemed like updating it was a nightmare :ohdear:

It's looking super sleek though, and I look forward to seeing how it progresses. I'll add your badge to my links page!

Aw thank you! you know, sometimes it feels completely unbelievable to think that people are actively finding my website and browsing it... its so much pressure! :blush: but i feel like this time the new website can actually be something i am proud to show people to. <3

thank you for adding my badge!!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022 @18.16 by /home/user/ » Logged
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2022 @99.22 »

I just added my first shrine x) It's to the language Toki Pona, which I have been speaking for almost five years now.

http://libre.town/shrines/tokipona/main.xhtml
Lost_cat
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2022 @408.41 »

the new libre town looks really good,i really like the layout .i put the libbre town badger on my website
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022 @415.24 by Lost_cat » Logged

HayleyMulch
Jr. Member ⚓︎

(she/they) | if my grandmother had wheels, etc.

StatusCafe: hayleymulch
iMood: HayleyMulch

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2022 @776.91 »

Aw thank you! you know, sometimes it feels completely unbelievable to think that people are actively finding my website and browsing it... its so much pressure! :blush: but i feel like this time the new website can actually be something i am proud to show people to. <3

thank you for adding my badge!!

Especially when these corner's of the internet are so niche, I still love how we can all find each other!

I just added my first shrine x) It's to the language Toki Pona, which I have been speaking for almost five years now.

http://libre.town/shrines/tokipona/main.xhtml

And yo, this has to be my sign. I only first heard of Toki Pona this year, and seeing you made a shrine has piqued my interest once more. Might be a New Year's resolution!

Deckade (Tolo)
Casual Poster

Feel free to email me and be pen pals :)

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2022 @574.20 »

Hey Home, I had the pleasure of exploring your mysterious little town. Even though much of it was incomplete I still enjoyed the feeling of it. I think we underestimate the value that incomplete projects have, as I was still entertained and curious to uncover what secrets it held.

That being said, maybe as you hinted at in your update with the idea of less complicated design site allowing you to "deeper", we see even a plain <body> of text can be incredibly expressive and provide the reader with a wide range of experiences and sensations, even if that seems a little obvious, and I am excited to hear you share your thoughts and musings presented in less cumbersome way!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2022 @579.59 »

I had a look at this a few days ago and I really like the new design! it’s very 80s and nicely consistent; but it also lets you customise each page in a really fun way - I like the use of colours and text art tooo - it’s very cool :ha:

Critical feedback and be helpful too;
I find the centre align text a little hard to read (though it looks cool in this design) - sometimes the strong colours of the design pulled my attention away from the text; so you could focus on making the content pop more!
Those are all nitpicks though, which is a good sign, there’s nothing to do here but polish :grin:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022 @590.00 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2022 @643.70 »

I had a look at this a few days ago and I really like the new design! it’s very 80s and nicely consistent; but it also lets you customise each page in a really fun way - I like the use of colours and text art tooo - it’s very cool :ha:

Critical feedback and be helpful too;
I find the centre align text a little hard to read (though it looks cool in this design) - sometimes the strong colours of the design pulled my attention away from the text; so you could focus on making the content pop more!
Those are all nitpicks though, which is a good sign, there’s nothing to do here but polish :grin:

Hey, thank you for the feedback!
I changed the text alignment in content pages to justify, should be better to read now.

The design was definitely inspired by 80s computing, in particular twm, Tom's Window Manager, and the conventions of the time, with tiled BGs and all.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 1146
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej
newsletters for dum-dums [not a tutorial, i'm the dum-dum]

Started by luluBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 3
Views: 1524
Last post June 27, 2022 @476.60
by Melooon
News! Worm

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 9
Views: 2097
Last post November 26, 2022 @820.66
by SilkSkull

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi