Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @608.73 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 37/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  What was the last album you purchased/listened to/got in the mail?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What was the last album you purchased/listened to/got in the mail?  (Read 1328 times)
DiamondPetals
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: December 25, 2022 @149.17 »

I just got my Velocity Girl's Copacetic CD in the mail. I got it off of Discogs. I also played it to test out my old CD player. Haha. I'm so happy cuz it's one of my favorite albums of the year! :loved:
Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022 @138.96 »

I still buy CDs because they're easier to put on in the car (and collecting is fun)
latest was the one Molchat Doma album with the weird motel
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022 @618.36 »

I bought the vinyl of the album ":grin:uo Duo" by German band ":grin:üsseldorf Düsterboys". :smile:

It's sentimental and experimental indie pop, really.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022 @649.92 »

I got this CD recently! https://www.discogs.com/release/24702734-Various-Beach-Vibes
Its like - a mix of lo-fi and ambient sounds made by one of the DJs on WFMU - its very chill :cool:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022 @680.74 »

I'm huge (and a bit anal) about my digital music collection, but in terms of physical, I only have one that I bought a couple of years back:

VOYAGER GOLDEN RECORD 3xLP BOX SET
https://ozmarecords.com/pages/voyager

I don't even have a record player... Kinda just bought it a bit as a memorabilia piece and a bit out of tribute. It's an interesting listen. My favorites tracks on it are:

- 6. Ketawang: Puspåwårnå (Kinds of Flowers)
- 30. Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground - Blind Willie Johnson

You can listen to the whole thing on a cute little website if you're curious:
https://goldenrecord.org/

Finally, my favorite thing out of the voyager program was this:

Thought it was well written.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022 @741.45 »

VOYAGER GOLDEN RECORD 3xLP BOX SET
The Voyager record is an EXTREMELY cool collection of music and Im very jealous you have a physical copy :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2022 @59.58 »

I believe it was Five Score and Seven Years Ago by Relient K.
worldwidewar
Casual Poster ⚓︎

🖕💩 👽👎💩🖕 👽💯➡️💩

iMood: worldwidewar

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022 @966.56 »

The last album I bought was The Ghosts of Christmas Eve by Trans-Siberian Orchestra at one of their recent concerts, but I haven't listened to it yet.
The last album I got in the mail was Akhlys - Melinoë.
I'm going to assume that 01.1 by Moving Shadow is the last album I listened to in its entirety.

\   ^__^
         \  (oo)\_______
            (__)\       )\/\
                ||--WWW |
                ||     ||
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2023 @108.21 »

The only album I ever received in the mail is actually the first album I ever bought, which is this classic:

The most recent album I bought in general, if we're not counting individual songs, is "Runaways" by W O L F C L U B, which is a retrowave band I got into a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moB6qyCUVos&list=PL7HqQBNhiEfg-VlqZZ8umv5dgMjurBT9r

Including individual songs, I bought "Alligator" by Of Monsters and Men from the album "Fever Dream."

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2023 @8.99 »

I've recently got a full live recording of a rock concert of my favorite artist Nuki/Nookie (Daria Stavrovich, I even have a shrine to her on my website heh) 'cause I've pledged a small sum to her crowdfunding celebrating 10 year anniversary of her solo project.

It's been a blast to watch the video of the concert, and they made an audio album of it too, so now I just need to burn it on a CD and put in my collection :cool:

https://nukiband.bandcamp.com/

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
DiamondPetals
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2023 @366.28 »

Really cool to see that most of you guys are still collecting records! :cheesy: makes me really happy :transport:
almostcorporeal
Casual Poster ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2023 @932.44 »

The last album I received in the mail was probably Rosegarden Funeral Party's At The Stake on vinyl. They're a fairly small goth band from Texas that I absolutely adore. I've seen them live twice and each time the energy Leah Lane brings to her performances just blows me away. She's also been very sweet to me each time we spoke after their sets at the merch table!

The last [new, cuz I've listened to older albums I own since] album I listened to in its entirety was A Tribe Called Quest's Midnight Marauders and I LOVED it. It's the first album and music I've heard by A Tribe Called Quest and I finally understand all the buzz around them haha.

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2023 @508.98 »

demon days by gorillaz. i’m planning on getting some soundtracks off CD japan at some point though!

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2023 @658.99 »

Just got a batch of Chuck Mangione records! He is one of my favorite musicians and I love the instrumentals for when I'm browsing/writing/coding.

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

thesolitarygamer
Jr. Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2023 @998.88 »

Recently bought Nine Inch Nails' 'Fixed' a few days ago. It's a handful of remixes of their prior album, Broken. Has some pretty neat remixes of i say so myself. Been slowly chipping away at collecting the entire discography of NIN (also known as HALO releases) as well as the discography of Godspeed You! Black Emperor :)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

You've Got Mail!

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 6
Views: 2018
Last post January 26, 2022 @994.77
by dokodemo
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 32
Views: 3037
Last post March 24, 2024 @800.87
by PurpleHello98
what song/album reminds you of summer?

Started by pancitoBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 2331
Last post February 24, 2023 @530.19
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi