Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @894.79
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: ozwomp is requesting your location :ozwomp: [Agree] Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  What are you working on at the moment?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] Print Embed
Author Topic: What are you working on at the moment?  (Read 71530 times)
inert_a
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW

⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #345 on: Autumn, 26 Sep 2026 @634 » Embed


you dont need JS for dark/light https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/Reference/At-rules/@media/prefers-color-scheme

Hi, thank you for responding!

Regarding 'prefers-color-scheme', I believe I'm already achieving that with 'color-scheme: light dark' -- if I visit the page from a regular browser, it will load in dark by default. If I visit from a privacy preserving browser that requests 'light' regardless of operating system, it will load in light by default.
What I don't think I can do in css is store a user's per-site preference so that if their system requests light but they click dark, they won't have to click 'dark' again next time.

Quote from: candycanearter07
also i have never heard of <nav-container> before and i also couldnt find anything when googling it, do you have documentation??

I only learned about this very recently too but it's just shorthand for the css rule of the same name.

I uploaded the formatted code to codeberg to make it easier to read, but you can see the selector here:
https://codeberg.org/inert_aesthetic/homepage/src/branch/master/index.html#L98-L125

This lets me write <nav-container> but I believe the semantic effect is no different to <div class="nav-container">.

It reminds me of jsx which I'm very comfortable with.

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe