Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @907.41 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Forum Fonts?!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Forum Fonts?!  (Read 1710 times)
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2023 @553.70 »

I have so many regrets about the new fonts, I cant read half the messages on here :tongue: But I kinda love that too!
muHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil: :evil:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2023 @857.95 »

Some of them are difficult for me to read too ^^'
gamemaster98
Casual Poster

Feel free to talk to me xD

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2023 @785.05 »

Hmmm well, some bitmap fonts would be really great in my opinion. :omg:k:

You can reach me on MSN: gamemaster98@escargot.chat
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2023 @797.30 »

Pew pew!
fLaMEd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2023 @325.19 »

How might I set a single font standardising all forum posts, despite the authors' font choice?

Some fonts that I cannot read are being used, so I would prefer to be able to set a single font family, font-size and enjoy reading the forum.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2023 @551.25 »

How might I set a single font standardising all forum posts, despite the authors' font choice?
We don't have forum-side system at the moment; but you can still totally do it; here's instructions! 
https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=7.msg7514#msg7514

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Marcellus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Rance Baise Ouais !!

iMood: Marcellus

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2023 @651.96 »

Hey ! I was fiddling with the Ultimate Profile styling, and I wanted to apply a custom font on my profile's text, as well as on my posts. I tried using a link to the .ttf file but it looks like something is blocking the access to a different site (my own site in this case) so it doesn't work (see pic).

Now that I think about it, it's probably for a good reason, and also a bit because BBCode doesn't seem to work well with urls for fonts. If there's no way to fix it, may I request that you add the Tintin font pleaaaaase ? :innocent:

Here's a link to it : https://marcelus.net/fonts/tintin_talking.ttf

* Capture d'écran 2023-12-27 153136.png (103.96 kB, 2156x264 - viewed 13 times.)

"Sometimes I create feelings in others that they themselves don't understand."
- Flash McQueen
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2023 @940.49 »

I tried using a link to the .ttf file but it looks like something is blocking the access to a different site (my own site in this case) so it doesn't work (see pic).
I think your site might be blocking access ^^ You are basically asking this forum to load a file from your site, but your site is saying "no way, Im not letting my files load on other people's sites!" - Depending on your host you need to enable cross-origin requests for your site (as far as I know they are fully enabled on this forum)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Marcellus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Rance Baise Ouais !!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2023 @966.45 »

I think your site might be blocking access ^^ You are basically asking this forum to load a file from your site, but your site is saying "no way, Im not letting my files load on other people's sites!"

I'm not that sure, I tried using my site's background image the same way I try to use the font, but only the font doesn't want to load, the wallpaper works fine. I even found an other link to the font (not from my site), and it still wouldn't work so I guess the problem is specific to fonts.

Anyways since I'd love to use it as a font for my posts, and BBCode won't take urls for fonts, would you mind adding it please  :grin: ?

- Flash McQueen
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2023 @983.95 »

I tried using my site's background image the same way
As far as I know it's a little more complicated than that, images are often allowed by default whereas font files would be much more unusual - it also depends on how you load files (e.g. loading with in CSS is different to loading in JavaScript and HTML etc) - there's some basic info here that you might be able to use! (I double checked and added this to the forums config too)

BBCode won't take urls for fonts, would you mind adding it please
That's an interesting idea! I think the only way to do it would be to allow people to add CSS in BBCodes.. (e.g. people could custom style the whole forum in every post) that could be very fun but also VERY messy :tongue:

EDIT:
Take a look at my profile, I was able to load a custom font from my homepage ^^ can you see it? In theory, it should be working! (I seem to need to reload a few times to get it working)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023 @995.30 by Melooon » Logged

Marcellus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Rance Baise Ouais !!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2023 @2.92 »

there's some basic info here that you might be able to use! (I double checked and added this to the forums config too)
Yep that seems helpful, I tried updating the site's nginx config, but it doesn't look like it's working, I still have that same CORS error, and I have tried reloading multiple times.

EDIT:
Take a look at my profile, I was able to load a custom font from my homepage ^^ can you see it? In theory, it should be working! (I seem to need to reload a few times to get it working)

Yep, it worked immediately when I checked your profile, which proves the problem is on my site's end, I'll look into that

EDIT: So I double checked the config, found out I had typed it wrong, fixed it, felt hopeful, it still isn't working  :sad: . The error now indicates that it's trying to access my error page, it doesn't really make any sense, let's just go to sleep.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023 @22.59 by Marcellus » Logged

- Flash McQueen
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 243
Views: 20433
Last post March 05, 2024 @666.35
by grubbyfox
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5322
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3295
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi