Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @374.09 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Moderation Requests - How to deal with issues on this forum!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Moderation Requests - How to deal with issues on this forum!  (Read 1209 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: January 05, 2023 @811.69 »

How to deal with issues on this forum!

Hi, this is just a quick topic I felt was necessary to create!

Im aware many of you might be coming from other internet communities which either have very strict moderation, or very little moderation - MelonLand is different. Moderation here is constant and low-key - I try my best to assess and deal with each issue and situation individually - however I cant do that without your help!

There is a "Report to moderator" button on every message and its ok to use it! I wont ban someone if you report them, but I will consider your request and try to take a fair action if any action is needed. Even if you're not sure if its a real issue, report it, my job (for better or worse) is to decide what should be on this forum :tongue:

Examples things you should report:
  • Inappropriate material that obviously breaks the rules
  • Topics that are so great they should be pinned or read by me!
  • Messages that seem rude or unkind
  • Unwelcome private messages
  • Messages you cant read because the colour or font is weird
  • Topics that don't have proper titles or descriptions, or messages that don't add to the discussion
  • Anything you feel that spoils your vibe in this community
  • Messages where someone is sharing information that might put them or others at risk
  • Mis-leading or dangerously incorrect information
  • Anything that detracts from your ability to enjoy the forum!

Things that you should not do:
  • Please don't publicly call someone out - its not fair on them or you, and it potentially puts you at risk.
  • Please don't message non moderators about moderation issues - don't be a vigilante, and don't confront or apologise to users you think you might have upset, wait for a moderation discussion to be finished and ask a moderator if its ok to contact someone about the issue.
  • Please don't ignore an issue to protect someone - things get worse if they are not addressed

Its a lot of work managing a forum, and you guys can really help me out! Just remember that reporting a message is ok, and its not a big deal - its just a way to let me know I might need to pay a little more attention to a message! :4u:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023 @816.64 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 6057
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3752
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Replies: 7
Views: 4325
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi