Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 10, 2024 - @693.74 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 59/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Songs you've grown to love

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Songs you've grown to love  (Read 758 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: January 07, 2023 @83.43 »

Are there any songs that you used to dislike but you've grown to love?

There are LOTS that I used to love but grew to dislike, but this thread is about the few that have gone the other way!

I remember when I was little there was a really annoying TV ad that had this song on it, I hated that ad! And I did not care for this song very much for many years - but a few weeks ago I heard it on the radio and though it was kinda nice - I came back to it again recently and I just loved it - its funny how things change :defrag: I can be quite slow :tongue:

T.Rex - Cosmic Dancer
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023 @168.94 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023 @492.08 »

I thought this was boring when I first heard it but in the end I've listened to it many times so I guess I can't say that anymore... Especially enjoy the bit after the halfway point.

loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: ribose
iMood: ribose

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Learning to swim!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023 @221.90 »

two songs come to mind right now!

senses working overtime by xtc

xtc is really hit or miss for me. i used to think this one was a miss, because i liked parts of it but thought other parts felt "off". i think it was something about the timing, but i couldn't point out the exact moments i had issues with because i've forgotten what they were. as i've heard the song more, i've gotten used to whatever it was that bugged me and now i think the song as a whole is pretty good.

temporary secretary by paul mccartney

this is a wild one. the first time i heard it i was shocked that anyone would make a song like this, let alone one of the guys from the beatles (note: i know next to nothing about the beatles. maybe it makes sense). it's a bit abrasive and annoying, but i thought it was funny to send it to my friends so i kept listening to it. i guess i was drawn to it in a "so bad it's good" sort of way. then somehow i went from thinking the lyrics are hilariously bad to just thinking they are hilarious. now i think it's catchy and fun.
Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023 @31.20 »

two songs come to mind right now!

love both of those songs

always thought Senses Working Overtime was kind of mixed weird. I don't know what it is but I still like the song.

People who are familiar with the Beatles were also shocked by that song. I think people had the impression that John was the weird one... Paul can be experimental too  :cool:

--

this song used to really annoy me for some reason it is a great song though so I don't know why

BananaBoots
Jr. Member ⚓︎

↑ Soooooo normal about him (lying)

StatusCafe: bananaboots
iMood: bananaboots
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023 @989.63 »

This one, it's part of a larger narrative album and is surrounded by lots of other incredibly good songs so for the longest time it kind of fell a little flat for me. After re-listening to it recently, though, and really paying attention to the lyrics and the story that was being told, I really like it. It's a little heartbreaking, actually, and I don't know why I ever skipped over it

Boots (it/he)

glitterpigeon
Casual Poster

it/ae

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2023 @406.53 »

i don't listen to it much anymore but I am still very fond of it now, and it ended up helping me through some things, even though I kind of hated it at first! little fang!

pigeons will save the world!!!
KittyTheKat
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Any/All and Agender

iMood: KittyTheKat

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023 @201.02 »

little fang!

Yes! I love this song soooo much!!!

Okay, listen...
It was really popular to hate on Britney Spears back in the day, but a few years ago I heard Oops!...I Did It Again and I absolutely love it now. How anyone can resist the way this song hits you is beyond me! Every time I hear it I'm (interally) going "heck yessss"!!! I find myself dancing and singing along to it and I am not normally a super expressive person. It's great.

"Hell is other people. But that’s only that side of the coin. The other side, which no one seems to mention, is also “Heaven is each other.” … Hell is separateness, uncommunicability, self-centeredness, lust for power, for riches, for fame. Heaven, on the other hand, is very simple—and very hard: caring about your fellow beings." -Jean-Paul Sartre
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2023 @942.38 »

Lay Back by Verivery. I love Verivery, and earlier in my career as a fan of them, when I took somewhat of a break from being a fan in early 2020, for some reason I didn't feel like this was "Verivery" (tm), but now I really like this song and its music video!

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

GraphiteCore
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Sleepiest thing alive

iMood: GrahpiteCore

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2023 @373.61 »

I honestly can't think of any other song that fits this category for me than this one. Many years ago I watched Inu x Boku SS, I'm not going to leave an opinion about it here because we're talking about the opening. |・ω・)

I remember I used to skip this while watching the show. One day after a couple of years had passed, I looked it up again and inexplicably, no matter how much time goes on, this still remains as one of my favorite songs. I remember thinking "this goes hard, actually". I have no idea why or how but it grew on me to be something I never thought it would. Can't imagine what my life would be if I didn't occasionally go "Kowareta sekai no sumikko de..."

Nirvana by MUCC

Anyways, keep on rock n rolling guys! 。.:☆*:・'(*⌒―⌒*)))

edit: added the title of the song to the post
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023 @62.82 by GraphiteCore » Logged

Pencil/Graph | they/them | ok with gendered words
lamia

the girls

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2023 @683.50 »

I honestly can't think of any other song that fits this category for me than this one. Many years ago I watched Inu x Boku SS, I'm not going to leave an opinion about it here because we're talking about the opening. |・ω・)

I remember I used to skip this while watching the show. One day after a couple of years had passed, I looked it up again and inexplicably, no matter how much time goes on, this still remains as one of my favorite songs. I remember thinking "this goes hard, actually". I have no idea why or how but it grew on me to be something I never thought it would. Can't imagine what my life would be if I didn't occasionally go "Kowareta sekai no sumikko de..."

Anyways, keep on rock n rolling guys! 。.:☆*:・'(*⌒―⌒*)))

MUCC! A lot of my favorite bands are anime bands, and I think this opening was my first introduction to this group. Yeah, the anime is pretty trashy tbh, but the opening goes hard. I never watched the show, just saw bits and pieces that my husband showed me (that was enough lol.) The whole album "Shangri-La" that Nirvana is on is really good, imo. My other favorites are "The Bell at the End of the Line" and "Pure Black." They might not do a lot of anime openings, but the band seems to be doing pretty well now, if their Youtube channel is any indication.

This post was made by a creature.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 4009
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque
HELP: songs in websites

Started by pancitoBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1148
Last post June 07, 2022 @544.83
by Melooon
Songs on Repeat

Started by MemoryBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 22
Views: 1909
Last post March 09, 2023 @43.53
by Memory

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi