Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @570.74 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 57/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  Some Sam & Max art I did on New Year's Eve

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Some Sam & Max art I did on New Year's Eve  (Read 604 times)
HayleyMulch
Jr. Member ⚓︎

(she/they) | if my grandmother had wheels, etc.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: hayleymulch
iMood: HayleyMulch

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: January 08, 2023 @66.35 »

I haven't shared a piece of mine here previously, so I thought, why not? I don't know if I would be spamming the forum if I end up making a new topic for every piece I make (could I make a HayleyMulch art topic? :eyes:smile:

Well, I had covid and I was going off my game. Just lying in bed isolating. But then I saw great news that Skunkape are finally remastering Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse. It's one of my favourite games of all time. So I decided to do a redraw of a piece I did 13 years ago in 2010! It's the main women cast of the games.

Alt text: Digital illustration of Sybil Pandemik, Girl Stinky and Dr. Momma Bosco from Sam & Max. It's in a minimalist style where they are coloured using only pastel red, yellow and green. The illustration is like a retro-styled comic book page where each character is in their own panel.

Here's the original from 2010!

Alt text: The same image as above but it was drawn in 2010 and has a more cartoony-anime style.

I was very happy with this cos not only have I grown a lot, but my chronic pain was very minimal drawing this! :ha:

Also, I'm not looking for any critique here on this piece, by the way. If I ever do look for critique, I will mention it in future posts. But this is just something from the heart for a series I adore! :ha:

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023 @79.26 »

The progress is amazing, especially considering how good the original is. I love the crisp lines and use of texture, and the colours make me think of a 70s funk video.
cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023 @828.39 »

agreed!! i LOVE the colors here!! very catching :smile:

HayleyMulch
Jr. Member ⚓︎

(she/they) | if my grandmother had wheels, etc.

StatusCafe: hayleymulch
iMood: HayleyMulch

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023 @840.96 »

The progress is amazing, especially considering how good the original is. I love the crisp lines and use of texture, and the colours make me think of a 70s funk video.

Thank you very much! :grin: I don't know what made me choose those colours first time round, but it did feel very retro which felt worked well here.

agreed!! i LOVE the colors here!! very catching :smile:

Thank you! :ha:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by KAFKAPOLISBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3293
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 1817
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra
Do you have any new years resolutions?

Started by AltairBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 3
Views: 1300
Last post January 26, 2022 @944.58
by Cy83rPr1mm13

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi