Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 18, 2024 - @836.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 62/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | | |-+  If you had infinite money what would you buy?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: If you had infinite money what would you buy?  (Read 1783 times)
spiders
Casual Poster ⚓︎

jsut hanging out. name is Nico!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023 @887.65 »

UHHH with all the money ever i would do sooo many things!!! i would study sooo many careers in college at my own pace without worrying abt running out of money and therefore time . i would get glittery markers and maybe better glasses and so so so many a4 pages for drawing. i also want a bag of fries and a 3d printer :transport: :transport:

strwbtea
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2023 @670.87 »

I'll just skip all the essentials etc and go straight to more personal weird choices.

A DDR arcade machine. Yes. Then I would hunt down old marimo-chan from san-x items. I would also get some proper big plants to put around my house. You could be surprised how pricey they can get.

Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2023 @807.01 »

After donating to all the good charities, end world hunger, and make sure biology is preserved, everybody has a house to live and that all my loved ones can live happy fulfilling lives with no money worries?

I'd want to invest the rest of my infinite money on managing to live together with my boyfriend, and a house I actually want to live in, with a garden, two floors and the walls painted in pink, and enough space for us, our interests and our pets. I'd love to start a studio that would be kinda messy like a garage band and we could make animations, music, videogames, and also be able to buy all the popular songs' licenses so I can make music videos for them  :ozwomp:

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023 @493.16 »

i’d buy tons and tons of chocobo merch. just everything with a chocobo on it that exists. then i’d build myself a house with a room just to keep my chocobo stuff in and maybe it will also be the living room because i want to be around all my chocobos.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2023 @509.29 »

Honestly the first thing I would do is buy proper furniture.
Snow
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2023 @480.00 »

If I had infinite money...

I would buy every album ever made (at least, buy all that are listed online and I could possibly buy), and as many known video games as possible. I would then build two separate libraries of varying size to house all of these. I'd buy a decent home with various rooms like a DDR room, an art room and a bowling alley room. I'd have the walls and floors made entirely of malachite, decorated with ornaments made of pure gold and crystal skulls. I would also visit everywhere on Earth for the sake of doing so.

And then I would give the rest of the money to everyone else, but then money would become useless. :|
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023 @483.60 by Snow » Logged
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2023 @487.42 »

I would buy the world economy :evil:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
fatgrrlz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

She/They Girl-thing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2023 @972.28 »

Setting aside personal givens (pay off student loans, pay for my girlfriend’s bottom surgery, get a house somewhere in like Minnesota or something away from the desert) and wordly givens (ie end world hunger, house the unhoused, and fully fund public schools)?

I’d like to pluck a page out of some 2000’s chick flick and go on a no-holds-barred mall crawl. Just exploring some big mall going from shop to ship trying shit on with my girlfriend and our friends and picking up fun whatevers without worrying about the price tag and enjoying some shitty overpriced pretzels :ok:

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2023 @997.29 »

I have this reoccurring fantasy where I'm filthy rich, and I search Twitter and tumblr's mutual aid tags, then fill up everyone marginalized person's GoFundMe's that I can get. I want to pay for everyone's gender-affirming surgery, medical bills, grocery bills, medication. I want to be anonymous, I want people to think it like a miracle. I want to send money to every charity I can think of. Oh, and The Internet Archive; I'd send thousands and thousands to The Internet Archive, and Wikipedia too... I suppose it's a bit of a selfish fantasy, because I'm getting so much happiness from making other people happy, but it's a nice thought.

I'd probably continue to do just that for the rest of my life. At least once a month, go on a money-giving binge.

As for more personal things: I'd buy myself and my boygirlfriend a nice, decent-sized house. Nothing too big. I like small houses. I would want a personal gaming/work room; one with lots of figures and posters and cool lights. Like the real cool stuff you see on Pinterest.

I'd live my life in that house with my beloved not having to worry about working for money. I'd do passion projects for charity, or hosted for free online. Zines and websites and art and writing~... I'd pay my family's way, too, so they can live similar lives, if they want to. And, of course, all of my friends.

I'd also give money to an assassin early on, with the instructions take me out if my wealth ever turns me evil. But that's neither here nor there.

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Numberedpaws
Casual Poster

He/It - Gay little number

StatusCafe: algebralien

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2023 @274.56 »

Infinite Money? That's a lot. More than a lot. I don't know what I'd do with that money.. I guess I'd get myself out of my homeless situation, find a nice home for me and my friends, give everyone I love a place to stay, then start funnelling my infinitely generating cash into paying off bills, taxes, and other payments we all might have. Then I'll funnel some into charities I find important, in a way that won't be suspicious so nobody suspects my wealth and tries to come for that power.

I'll slowly but peacefully "take over" the world I guess LOL. I'll make sure there's more power to the people in a way that doesn't disrupt lives.

Honestly the scope of things makes it hard to come up with what I'd really do.

Hello! Hi!
blu
Newbie ⚓︎

cringefail thing

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2023 @343.85 »

oh this is a hard decision.. id definitely go clothes hauling.. my wardrobe is made of a lot of hand me downs and stuff, and im looking for turtlenecks!! id also definitely get cute accessories.

but id also get orange chicken from panda express. its really good :]

maybe id get a cosplay or two, but the thing i eye the most is definitely an old CRT television or any generally old tech. i love archived things and such, so yaay!!

- blu! :] (they/them)
"groovalicious"
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2023 @560.51 »

I have this reoccurring fantasy where I'm filthy rich, and I search Twitter and tumblr's mutual aid tags, then fill up everyone marginalized person's GoFundMe's that I can get. I want to pay for everyone's gender-affirming surgery, medical bills, grocery bills, medication. I want to be anonymous, I want people to think it like a miracle. I want to send money to every charity I can think of. Oh, and The Internet Archive; I'd send thousands and thousands to The Internet Archive, and Wikipedia too... I suppose it's a bit of a selfish fantasy, because I'm getting so much happiness from making other people happy, but it's a nice thought.

Same here! And I would donate a lot to animal shelters and sloth foundations :smile:

And I would love to give people around me enough money so they don't *have to* work. So they can pick and choose where to work, and how much to work, and can even volunteer at places unpaid without having to worry about their own survival.
Many of the people around me are chronically ill; like physical disability or mental illnesses, or they have to deal with transphobia or racism. Applying at places, having customer facing jobs and all that is so exhausting and a little dangerous with that; and often unsuccessful! If I had infinite money it would just be our infinite money fund then.

I wish the people around me could work the professions they want even though they are unprofitable and not paid well, because we could match the difference and support them. I wish they could go however long they need without work or similar endeavors to physically and mentally take a break. I wish they could just quit on the spot in a shitty job and know they're fine because we have this fund. I wish they didn't need to take on jobs that suck to make it until they can find a better one, instead they can wait around and survive on the fund until something good comes along :smile:

I hope one day I earn well enough to make this a reality for my girlfriend at least!

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2023 @135.69 »

Oh what the heck, Id start my own games studio and make bad games that no one would want to play, but we would sepnd so much money making them and it would be very fun :cheesy:

Sounds like a fun job! :3

:ozwomp: my beloved

devils
Full Member ⚓︎

Oh? What's that?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2023 @494.04 »

A cozy house first, then a personal server, then an ungodly amount of video games and merch.

Leftovers go to loved ones and charity because I don't like having too much money at once.

Remember to eat dessert <3
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2023 @553.18 »

A decently sized house in a place that's easy to walk from place to place, I've always wanted to live in a walkable city. Then some Halloween decor to make it feel like home. And Neocities Supporter, I plan to get it eventually when I've used up more of my website space, but if I had infinite money I wouldn't wait at all.

Hm, what else... Probably I'd buy a lot of clothes and jewelry from thrift stores and etsy and so on. And go hunting for some interesting vinyls and cds... I'd buy tickets to every concert and music festival I want to see. I'd also get a horse, preferably a big draft horse of some kind with those cute feathers around their hooves.

Apart from that I can't think of much else. I'd definitely donate as much as I can, like others in the thread. I'd probably put a lot of money towards ending climate change.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3169
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™
Whats the best thing you've ever bought?

Started by JackFrostBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 17
Views: 1322
Last post August 30, 2023 @895.19
by Scootarooni
Whats you're favourite type of filing cabinet handle?

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 10
Views: 474
Last post June 15, 2023 @116.72
by grovyle

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi