Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @377.26 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Considering getting a Domain/Email for my site

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Considering getting a Domain/Email for my site  (Read 906 times)
Anonicus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: January 18, 2023 @683.15 »

So I'm actually considering taking my website to a whole new level by getting myself a Domain for my site. However I'm on the fence about it considering that I have MANY pages now. Already went through a revision of my site prior and took some times to change links and making my own css beforehand. But Idk, I already have a domain but it's not my desired Domain to use. What's everyones experience with that?

My personal Website: https://anonicus.neocities.org/
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023 @897.97 »

I think you should totally use a domain if you want one! :grin: (Just be warned, buying domains is like a drug.. I have SO MANY)

Also remember you need to pay for Neocities Supporter if you do wanna use one; but don't be worried about it breaking links to your site, neocities will still forward old links to your new domain, so it will be fine! :4u:

Having your own domain can be really handy if you ever wanna leave neocities, because you can just point your domain to a new host and no one will notice the difference!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Memory
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023 @902.21 »

I self-host and have my own domain and can only really speak positively about that. It gives you control over what goes on, and the content hosting is on your terms: when neocities inevitably disappears or sells out, you are safe.

Keep in mind that domain prices vary heftily, so make sure to find a good deal. For my .de domains I pay only about €5 a year, while libre.town eats up almost €45. Other domains can cost that much in a month.
Anonicus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023 @934.17 »

Thanks fellas!
Yeah I've been using this one service for a long time and the Domain I was is actually pretty cheap for me to use (About the same price as my original domain.)

This is gonna be really cool to do.

My personal Website: https://anonicus.neocities.org/
jadefyre
Casual Poster ⚓︎

now that's something I can hyperfixate on

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023 @173.56 »

I think you should totally use a domain if you want one! :grin: (Just be warned, buying domains is like a drug.. I have SO MANY)

This is too real :grin:

As for an actual email address, if you don't want to pay extra for email services through a host but you have a domain you want to use (and you don't have a lot of technical requirements), I got my free 'business' email through Zoho. It's pretty easy to find by searching for it... that's how I found it in the first place. xD (I can also link if you want? I just didn't want my first post on this forum to sound like a sales pitch because it's totally not. Viva la free stuff, death to corporations, etc.)

RodFireProductions
Jr. Member ⚓︎

🍄🖤🐀

StatusCafe: rodfire8181
iMood: rodfire8181

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023 @143.83 »

I got my free 'business' email through Zoho. It's pretty easy to find by searching for it... that's how I found it in the first place. xD (I can also link if you want? I just didn't want my first post on this forum to sound like a sales pitch because it's totally not. Viva la free stuff, death to corporations, etc.)

I use Zoho for my email too. (Though I pay because I wanted to add both my domains onto my account). The free tier is pretty good though, I used to use it.

I've only bought two but the temptation to get more is there. So far I've just been making a whole bunch of subdomains since it's free to do.

we art, web dev, and game dev
Memory
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023 @942.22 »

I'm considering getting a custom domain too, wondering if it's worth it.
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023 @112.21 »

I want, like, 50 domains. I just have to come up with ideas for websites good enough to justify paying for them. :eyes: I'll spend hours searching for unique domain names, just to not order them. If anyone here is able to register a .eus domain name, 'cereus' is a genus of cacti and cer.eus is currently available. It would be a really cool domain name for someone. :tongue:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 265
Views: 26537
Last post July 10, 2024 @965.09
by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6057
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3752
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi