Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @519.84 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Considering getting a Domain/Email for my site

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Considering getting a Domain/Email for my site  (Read 589 times)
Anonicus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: January 18, 2023 @683.15 »

So I'm actually considering taking my website to a whole new level by getting myself a Domain for my site. However I'm on the fence about it considering that I have MANY pages now. Already went through a revision of my site prior and took some times to change links and making my own css beforehand. But Idk, I already have a domain but it's not my desired Domain to use. What's everyones experience with that?

My personal Website: https://anonicus.neocities.org/
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023 @897.97 »

I think you should totally use a domain if you want one! :grin: (Just be warned, buying domains is like a drug.. I have SO MANY)

Also remember you need to pay for Neocities Supporter if you do wanna use one; but don't be worried about it breaking links to your site, neocities will still forward old links to your new domain, so it will be fine! :4u:

Having your own domain can be really handy if you ever wanna leave neocities, because you can just point your domain to a new host and no one will notice the difference!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023 @902.21 »

I self-host and have my own domain and can only really speak positively about that. It gives you control over what goes on, and the content hosting is on your terms: when neocities inevitably disappears or sells out, you are safe.

Keep in mind that domain prices vary heftily, so make sure to find a good deal. For my .de domains I pay only about €5 a year, while libre.town eats up almost €45. Other domains can cost that much in a month.
Anonicus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023 @934.17 »

Thanks fellas!
Yeah I've been using this one service for a long time and the Domain I was is actually pretty cheap for me to use (About the same price as my original domain.)

This is gonna be really cool to do.

My personal Website: https://anonicus.neocities.org/
jadefyre
Casual Poster ⚓︎

now that's something I can hyperfixate on

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023 @173.56 »

I think you should totally use a domain if you want one! :grin: (Just be warned, buying domains is like a drug.. I have SO MANY)

This is too real :grin:

As for an actual email address, if you don't want to pay extra for email services through a host but you have a domain you want to use (and you don't have a lot of technical requirements), I got my free 'business' email through Zoho. It's pretty easy to find by searching for it... that's how I found it in the first place. xD (I can also link if you want? I just didn't want my first post on this forum to sound like a sales pitch because it's totally not. Viva la free stuff, death to corporations, etc.)

RodFireProductions
Jr. Member ⚓︎

🍄🖤🐀

StatusCafe: rodfire8181
iMood: rodfire8181

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023 @143.83 »

I got my free 'business' email through Zoho. It's pretty easy to find by searching for it... that's how I found it in the first place. xD (I can also link if you want? I just didn't want my first post on this forum to sound like a sales pitch because it's totally not. Viva la free stuff, death to corporations, etc.)

I use Zoho for my email too. (Though I pay because I wanted to add both my domains onto my account). The free tier is pretty good though, I used to use it.

I've only bought two but the temptation to get more is there. So far I've just been making a whole bunch of subdomains since it's free to do.

we art, web dev, and game dev
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023 @942.22 »

I'm considering getting a custom domain too, wondering if it's worth it.
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023 @112.21 »

I want, like, 50 domains. I just have to come up with ideas for websites good enough to justify paying for them. :eyes: I'll spend hours searching for unique domain names, just to not order them. If anyone here is able to register a .eus domain name, 'cereus' is a genus of cacti and cer.eus is currently available. It would be a really cool domain name for someone. :tongue:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 243
Views: 20459
Last post March 05, 2024 @666.35
by grubbyfox
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5326
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3298
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi