Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @93.39 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 60/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  TTRPG art!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TTRPG art!  (Read 1015 times)
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: January 25, 2023 @710.43 »

So my main Dungeons & Dragons group just ended a four and a half year long campaign last year, and we're now starting up a new campaign taking place 50 years after the first one, with a whole new set of characters! We've only had one session for it so far, but I've already been drawing a lot of stuff of our new characters and wanted to share some since I'm super proud of it!! :transport:

This is my character for the new campaign, a divine magic sorcerer named Soren!

Both Soren and his party member Willabell (our rogue, I believe planning to multiclass into rogue/fighter) wear very frilly outfits, so I thought it would be fun to dress them up in lolita fashion! Moi-même-Moitié seemed like a brand that would appeal to him, even if his usual style isn't that gothic.

My friend's character Rat Tail Ada, our death cleric who does no healing, but works with rot and decay and pulls out their own teeth and nails to use for spells (don't worry, they grow back) I also did a silly little animatic of Soren and Rat Tail to a vine audio: https://wodaro.tumblr.com/post/706673428221116416/silly-video-of-mine-and-my-friends-dd-characters

Although I mostly play D&D now, I originally got into the world of TTRPGs through Vampire the Masquerade! I do enjoy playing indie TTRPGs like Thirsty Sword Lesbians, Kids on Brooms, and Monsterhearts, and have a bit of experience with Numenera, though I haven't played it in a long time. Do you guys play TTRPGs? Do you like to draw your characters and/or the things they get up to? I'll probably use this thread to post a bunch of my D&D art for this campaign, but I would love to see the stuff other people are making!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024 @237.97 by wodaro » Logged

strwbtea
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023 @804.63 »

I really love your stuff! I'd love to learn how to draw, one of the main reasons is being able to draw my and my friend's characters. Hopefully one day! :ha:

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023 @828.08 »

I really love your stuff! I'd love to learn how to draw, one of the main reasons is being able to draw my and my friend's characters. Hopefully one day! :ha:

Thank you! I believe in you!! It can be tough to get started, but it's really satisfying seeing your characters come to life! Drawing things to share with friends and having a community of people to get excited abt art with makes the process feel so much more worthwhile. :unite:

I've been trying to foster an environment like that since kinda losing my community after graduating art school during COVID. My D&D group has helped to give it back to me a bit as some of them make art as well.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023 @294.71 by wodaro » Logged

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023 @214.90 »

:ozwomp: MORE D&D ART!!! :ozwomp:
Our half-elf paladin, Xander! He's a real sweet church boy, eager to learn and a bit naive. Soren has been flirting with him since session 1, and it took three more sessions and intervention from another party member for him to realize what was happening.

And another piece of Soren! I think this one turned out well. A little messy, but I think it's pretty expressive! I'm particularly happy with the eyes, since those often give me trouble, and I feel like these ended up really good!

~So dramatic!~
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023 @679.16 by wodaro » Logged

levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023 @258.33 »

your art is amazing, I really love the way the colors and texture look! and these designs are really cool too!

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023 @284.20 »

Not many finished pieces to show, but I've been working on redesigning old characters!

These are a concept for a character who used to be an evil aasimar warlock in a mini-campaign I did, but now that she's not a character I'll play again I'm kind of turning her into her own OC! Which means I can make her buff and wearing cool armour without having to adhere to the in-game stats lol. I guess if she's a general OC now she doesn't REALLY belong in this thread but ah well. She's a D&D PC at heart.

Now this does mean I have to learn to DRAW armour and muscles... which is why I don't have any finished pieces of her yet ^^;

I'm also working on a level 20 design of the character I played in my main campaign before Soren! Meet Rouraia! The last time I did a redesign of Rou was in like, 2018? So I'm having fun revisiting her

And I did this piece as part of an art trade for a friend, they drew me Soren and I drew them their tiefling warlock named Flourish!

This next one is NOT MY ART but I also commissioned an artist I adore (Marty Tina G) to draw Soren and it turned out STUNNING... so I wanna share

I'm thinking I should definitely make a page on my site just for art of my characters done by both me and others  :blush:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023 @291.90 by wodaro » Logged

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023 @288.47 »

your art is amazing, I really love the way the colors and texture look! and these designs are really cool too!

Sorry I just realized I never responded to this! Thank you so much! Texture is really important to me, so I'm happy to hear you like it! That and character designs are things I've been working really hard on!  :ozwomp:

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2023 @686.57 »

Long time no update! But I've got exciting news this update - I FINALLY SET UP A NEOCITIES PAGE FOR SOREN!! 
:4u: https://wodaro.neocities.org/soren  :4u:

The page has his backstory, thoughts on his party members, his spotify playlist, and of course: more art! Still have a lot more I want to add to it. My knowledge of HTML is extremely basic, but hopefully I can figure out how to make it a cool and interactive page in the future!

Now for the update to this thread~

Diela broke up with Soren (our DM sent the original meme when it happened and I HAD to redraw it as him lol)...

But he has been having very sweet conversations with Xander.

New outfit!

Portrait

And as of the current arc the party is heading into the dangerous dungeons of Micohuayan to prove themselves. It's Soren's first time purposefully going somewhere dangerous, so naturally he had to put together a proper outfit for the occasion.

-BELOW IS NOT MY ART-

I commissioned atomicjest (https://uncannyvalley.neocities.org/) to draw Soren and Xander, and it turned out wonderfully! I'm a huge fan of their style.

Finel
Casual Poster ⚓︎

AY UP!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2023 @883.18 »

Long time no update! But I've got exciting news this update - I FINALLY SET UP A NEOCITIES PAGE FOR SOREN!! 
:4u: https://wodaro.neocities.org/soren  :4u:

The page you made for his is very cool! the pixel art line art of the party is amazing, your art style is cute and Soren is very pretty.

Finel ✡ - He/They
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2024 @194.25 »

:transport:  It's been a year since this campaign started!! I can't believe it's already been so long, it feels like no time at all has passed!

I've started doing these 1hr drawings to make myself loosen up and draw faster. hopefully this means I'll draw a lot more this year!! This is my favourite one so far I did of Soren and Xander:

They've been having some drama in the campaign~ Their relationship kinda got so intense Soren had to friendzone Xander for a bit ToT but now he's opening up to the idea of having an official relationship... Xander is just so earnest and kind hearted, he doesn't want to hurt him!

other 1hr drawings from the campaign, another Soren and an Alex (our wizard/rogue of the party):

The only other time I've drawn Alex is in this older sketch, on the right.

Here's a Diela! (Soren's hot ex)

And I also did another 1 hour drawing of my character from a DIE RPG campaign that my girlfriend is running!!

His name is Oliver, he basically got isekai'd into a TTRPG dimension so he could save his dead sister but he's more interested in his cool new cyborg powers and killing things. Haven't played him for very long yet but I'm having a lot of fun and would love to draw him more to really nail down his look.

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2024 @196.00 »

The page you made for his is very cool! the pixel art line art of the party is amazing, your art style is cute and Soren is very pretty.

SORRY I COULD'VE SWORN I RESPONDED TO THIS ToT thank you so much!!! I really need to update that page soon, Eilidh actually made new pixels recently!! So I need to put em on there  :ha:

Dibs
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2024 @434.76 »

Oh, TTRPG art???? I've been summoned. Your stuff is so cool and the designs of everyone are so distinct and interesting! The artstyle absolutely slaps as well.  :ozwomp:

I thought I'd offer up some of my TTRPG stuff:

This is my first major PC, Ferrin, they're a bit boring, got turned into stone by a hydra while flying over a lake. They're a sorceror of a species the DM homebrewed.

They were replaced by Laniger, who is incredibly fun, but that campaign has fizzled out so now he's a backup for the Fallen London campaign. He's a ranger I believe, as well as a conman and liar:

For Fallen London I'm using Theo, who is a human fighter dishonorably discharged from the army. He's 49 but he's also now aging backwards so thats fun:

We also picked up a monolith child, a child from a monolith:

And here's the party drawn as a Red Dwarf screenshot (hence Edward, our warlock, being in a TV):

This is Albie, who I used for a Stars Without Number campaign which didn't get very far, he's a rich kid who can see a tiny bit into the future and is using it as a grift. I think he found evidence of aliens in the session:

And finally, K'trirl, my character for the Star Trek Adventures solo RPG. She's a toughened first officer from a strict world and with an unusual captain. I've yet to find time to use her but I'm excited!

Clear Skies!
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2024 @671.32 »

Oh, TTRPG art???? I've been summoned. Your stuff is so cool and the designs of everyone are so distinct and interesting! The artstyle absolutely slaps as well.  :ozwomp:

Aw thank you!! I love your stuff as well!!! I think Dryomys is my favourite, I can't resist a cute little mouse in a suit  :loved: I didn't realize there was a Fallen London TTRPG!!! I would love to play that sometime, Sunless Skies is my favourite of Failbetter Games' catalogue but I have been enjoying Fallen London lately as something to check in on every now and again between tasks. The writing and worldbuilding in all their games are so fun!!

RIP Ferrin u_u I love sorcerers so much

Theo aging backwards is also a really interesting conflict for a character! The relief of not having to deal with old age but fear of what's gonna happen as you get too young, if your brain regressing is gonna affect your cognition or sense of self as you return to childhood, if you'll get to a point where someone will have to care for you as a toddler or infant knowing you used to be a fully grown man. Would that be as hard for your loved ones as caring for an elderly man who doesn't know who you are anymore? Lots of interesting dilemmas.

The lineup is also so cute, I really want to do a full piece of Soren's party sometime this year.
  :4u:

Dibs
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2024 @689.19 »

I think Dryomys is my favourite, I can't resist a cute little mouse in a suit  :loved:

He's not only adorable but electric to play too! The DM helped me stat him and he can be quite intense, add that to his tendencies for mistruths and he is quite freeing to play as someone who gets worried about getting facts about the world wrong in dialogue. Can't be wrong if your character is lying!

I didn't realize there was a Fallen London TTRPG!!!

It's actually a D&D campaign that our DM put in the Fallen London universe! Only one of the players has played the actual game, the rest of us are holding back to avoid potential spoilers. It's also combined with the London of the Shades of Magic book series, which we accessed via Parabola iirc. Fun alternate Londons! Once the campaign is over I should look at the source materials and see what I recognise!

RIP Ferrin u_u I love sorcerers so much

I used a lot of Ice knife! I should revisit the class at some point perhaps, now I know the game a bit better.

Theo aging backwards is also a really interesting conflict for a character! The relief of not having to deal with old age but fear of what's gonna happen as you get too young, if your brain regressing is gonna affect your cognition or sense of self as you return to childhood, if you'll get to a point where someone will have to care for you as a toddler or infant knowing you used to be a fully grown man. Would that be as hard for your loved ones as caring for an elderly man who doesn't know who you are anymore? Lots of interesting dilemmas.

And he's such an old man emotionally ToT, I think he's ignoring it until it becomes unignorable. It happened because everyone got something taken from them, and he values his age, authority, and experience, so wham! De-aging. It's also interesting because he joined the military very early on in life, and was only discharged within the last in-game year, so all of those years he'll be physically passing back through are ones he spent in the army and has no really nice, untainted memories of... Twisted. Love this guy.

The lineup is also so cute, I really want to do a full piece of Soren's party sometime this year.  :4u:

Lineups are so so fun, but they always take so so long unless you're in the mindset of 'its just for laughs', which is how this one got done at all lmaooo! When you do a lineup make sure to post it here so I can see! The characters all look very interesting. :eyes:

Clear Skies!
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2024 @783.68 »

Soren got (temporarily) turned into a faerie!! And a magic potion gave her rapunzel hair. She may be on the run from the law rn but she's really making the most of it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by KAFKAPOLISBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3290
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 1814
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra
sleepyXTRA - Inside The Mind of The Lo-Fi Artist - released FREE!

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 0
Views: 1214
Last post January 21, 2022 @429.43
by ellievoyyd

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi