Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @977.95 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 58/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  What Are Your Thoughts On Collages?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What Are Your Thoughts On Collages?  (Read 501 times)
nsequeira119
Casual Poster

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: January 28, 2023 @955.05 »

Recently I've been getting more into collages (I started working on a zine, and zines are known for their sporadic cut-and-paste style). I have access to a ton of old Denver newspapers from the 90s and as a result I can really express myself using all these ads for restaurants that don't exist anymore and the like with a glue stick and scissors. (see below).

I like old collages a lot, ones from around the 20s and 30s when print media was just starting to take hold and become popular in the public sphere. The best ones are by the Dadaists, I feel, they pioneered a lot of technique in the style and helped usher us into modernity. I guess collages also have a lot of overlap with the pop art movement of the 1960s and, of course, the punk movement of the 1970s. It's compelling to see how collages have changed over time as they become adopted by different schools of thought.

What d'you think about collages? What are some of your faves?

Aw HECK yeah!
purelyconstructive
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023 @290.03 »

I haven't done many. [Here is one example; content warning!]

However, they are really fun and interesting to do, almost like writing magnet poetry.

Some of my favorites are actually from a dear artist friend of mine who passed away. I don't think I will be able to find any pictures to share, but hers were amazing! They were often mixed into the backgrounds of dioramas or paintings.

At one point in time, she also had a beautiful one in her home that was made by another artist out of things that he fished out of the sea (e.g.: old floppy disks, rope, etc.). It was huge and heavy though! One time it fell off of the wall and nearly destroyed her computer monitor. :pc:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Web design is fashion design ?? Your thoughts on self expression online?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 2334
Last post August 31, 2023 @620.49
by technomage
Your thoughts on the forum categories?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 34
Views: 5411
Last post November 15, 2023 @892.60
by keybladekid6
Thoughts on credit

Started by KariusBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 1177
Last post May 15, 2022 @625.96
by Karius

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi