Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @243.98 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Netflix's Cowboy Bebop

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Netflix's Cowboy Bebop  (Read 410 times)
« on: January 31, 2023 @182.25 »

Did anyone else think the new live action Cowboy Bebop series was better than most people gave it credit for?

I love the anime but I didn't want a recreation of the same thing in live action. I wanted an original take on the same material and that's exactly what I got. The style was the same, but the story and characters were different enough that I couldn't see what was coming while still being close enough to the original that they're instantly recognizable. I think that's exactly what you want in a remake or reimagining. If you want something exactly like the original, why not just watch the original?

Above all else, I think the casting was perfect. As soon as I heard John Cho was involved, before reading the article I immediately thought "he's gotta be Spike". And despite not being black in the anime, Mustafa Shakir still looked and sounded so much like Jet that it was uncanny. He was totally perfect in the role.

Some of the things they changed didn't work, and some of the controversy was justified. But overall I think the series got way more hate than it deserved.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023 @184.02 by MamboGator » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi