Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @475.05 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings
| | | |-+  Small File Photo Festival

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Small File Photo Festival  (Read 543 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: February 01, 2023 @13.34 »

This is super inspiring; its a mini photo festival dedicated to photos with a very small file size!

https://unthinking.photography/projects/smallfile/

Some samples I like! (you can see who made them at the link)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023 @805.08 »

This is super inspiring; its a mini photo festival dedicated to photos with a very small file size!

https://unthinking.photography/projects/smallfile/

Some samples I like! (you can see who made them at the link)

Oh man, I've always wanted one of those Gameboy Cameras and shoot a small project with it.

That last image is photograph of the Tetons by Ansel Adams. It's cool to see it presented like that!

Got this one down to 60kb by just exporting from Lightroom, maybe I can run it through some additional processes to strip it of information.

* yay.png (58.65 kB, 200x200 - viewed 26 times.)

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023 @806.98 »

Getting a gameboy camera is easy - getting the pictures off the camera is really hard! :sad: I spent way too much on new old stock gameboy camera to DOS serial cables back in 2017, but they were all dead on arrival!
Maybe there is a better way to do it now, I gotta look into it too :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023 @808.97 »

Getting a gameboy camera is easy - getting the pictures off the camera is really hard! :sad: I spent way too much on new old stock gameboy camera to DOS serial cables back in 2017, but they were all dead on arrival!
Maybe there is a better way to do it now, I gotta look into it too :ozwomp:

Maybe with the right equipment combo, you could photograph them right from the screen. I have no idea how that would turn out - I doubt it would be like the original, but you could probably approximate it with some editing in post :eyes:

edit: what about the GameBoy printer?!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023 @812.93 by Onio » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023 @881.11 »

what about the GameBoy printer?!
I have one of those too! The print quality depends on the paper you put in it (thermal paper) - It totally has a vibe! I need to get some new paper though because mine is not good :ohdear:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I found an intresting X-Files Fansite

Started by easy_breezyBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 5
Views: 1335
Last post July 10, 2022 @438.16
by myry
Name one small change that would ruin the retro web for you

Started by GuestBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 22
Views: 2002
Last post September 24, 2023 @942.72
by Kallistero
Help: how to change which html file appears as my thumbnail on neocities

Started by DJoftheCovenBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 922
Last post August 15, 2022 @39.04
by DJoftheCoven

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi