Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @147.03 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 853.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects
| | |-+  SAve MY nEOCiTy! - Neocities site downloader <3

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: SAve MY nEOCiTy! - Neocities site downloader <3  (Read 2189 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2024 @627.84 »

what is the password requested for?

Sure, so normally with site archive programs, they work like a web crawler, e.g. they visit every link on your site and try to download a copy of it. Ideally at the end, the program will have found and downloaded everything you’ve linked on your site (pages, images etc); its a public archive or an archive of things that are public.

This Neocities downloader works a little differently; it uses the Neocities API to login to your account and request a complete list of every file in your neocities storage, it then goes though that list and downloads each file, even ones you’ve never linked on your site; so it creates a private archive or an archive of things that were potentially never fully public.

That’s the reason it asks for your password ^^

As far as how it manages passwords; it sends the password directly from your computer to neocities via SSL (same as if you login using a browser). Passwords and file lists never pass though my server, and the program does not store or remember passwords (when you restart it your password will have been forgotten).

Hope that helps  :pc:

@sig yep that’s true too, limiting it to only download your own site also means it doesn’t break the neocities fair API use terms!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Kolo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: kolo

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2024 @23.15 »

I just noticed today that this is linked on Neocities' Contact FAQ page as an alternative if the download site button isn't working! Very cool!!

⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ there is a dream world many miles inside me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ and i go there when i can ... many miles haunting me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2024 @44.91 »

I just noticed today that this is linked on Neocities' Contact FAQ page as an alternative if the download site button isn't working! Very cool!!

Wow! That's really cool :0

rhenn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rhenn

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2024 @87.35 »

you inspired me to make something similar too - as a little challenge for myself. i'm more of a minimalist terminal geek myself, so here's something you can run in a terminal if you prefer just bash!

This is nice! I really wish the neocities api included some kind of pull function. I use git to keep track of my site changes but it'd be useful to have access to both options haha. Especially since I don't usually use the browser editor; it's hard to know if there's extraneous files that I can get rid of.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2024 @735.59 »

Yessss  :cheerR: He emailed to ask if it was ok to put that link there a few weeks ago! Neocities also made a nice donation at the same time which will cover server costs here for a few months!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 2265
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 8269
Last post August 02, 2024 @153.99
by candycanearter07
POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 33
Views: 5786
Last post August 14, 2024 @142.36
by WK_0

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi