Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @301.48 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 26/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: :transport: More is More :transport: :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Do you think that our chosen characters suggests/reflects something about us?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Do you think that our chosen characters suggests/reflects something about us?  (Read 1482 times)
KittyTheKat
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Any/All and Agender

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: KittyTheKat

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2023 @777.78 »

I find that if a game allows me freedom to create a character, I try to make a version of myself - they look somewhat similar to me and emulate what I think I'd do in the setting. When a game doesn't have character creation I choose a character I'd like to be friends with, silly as that may sound. So for example my Final Fantasy 14 character resembles me in part and I mostly play healer or tank because I love to help people, whereas in Street Fighter 5 I played Poison because she seems like the kind of punk I could vibe with.

On a deeper level, I suppose my choices also reflect my ideal self/actions. Sometimes it frustrates me how hard it is to give people help that matters in real life, and I feel that I don't express my 'true' self enough as is which could explain why I like more offbeat characters like Poison and Neco Arc (Melty Blood).

In a broad sense I believe that it probably varies from person to person. People pick from any combination of gameplay, aesthetics, or personality, and it somewhat depends on how much you've decided to invest mentally in the game world. I'm sure if my dad played SF5, he wouldn't worry too much about it and just pick Ryu :P

"Hell is other people. But that’s only that side of the coin. The other side, which no one seems to mention, is also “Heaven is each other.” … Hell is separateness, uncommunicability, self-centeredness, lust for power, for riches, for fame. Heaven, on the other hand, is very simple—and very hard: caring about your fellow beings." -Jean-Paul Sartre
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I'm thinking of making a blog

Started by MrsMoeBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 3
Views: 1551
Last post July 16, 2023 @208.53
by starbreaker
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 60
Views: 8613
Last post September 07, 2024 @193.80
by halcybutton
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by MemoryBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 64
Views: 7444
Last post October 09, 2024 @540.78
by xwindows

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi