Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @600.94 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 22/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 375 times)
tomyatemo
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« on: December 17, 2023 @877.16 »

Hello everyone!

I'm 27 years old and I like making games, drawing and playing ttrpgs. I learned about web revival from a youtube video called "The Web has lost its Soul - LOVEWEB". I've been making my own website since early November and it has been a lot of fun, I love the creative freedom to do anything I want, and also that everything I make feels like adding to something bigger.

I've also learned a lot while doing making it! I'm hosting it on my raspberry pi and had to learn about things like SSL certificates (the thing to have https instead of http). It's been cool watching it all slowly come together.

So yeah! Nice to meet you all! :dive:

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Wishing you Happy Times when you're online!Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023 @914.26 »

It's great to see someone else who has gotten into the Web Revival scene like I have! Since joining back in June of this year, I've learned many things about what the Web Revival and other similar things mean, and I shall pass this knowledge onto you.
Rule 1 of the Web Revival: Dont talk about the Web Revival... Im joking, but one thing you should do is rethink the internet. Alot of things online have been shaped by large companies that separate themselves from the real and human consequences of their actions. Even if a company isn't terrible, they still negatively affect how people interact with one another. So if you own a tiktok, a youtube, a discord account, best bet is to leave them behind for better seas. I know a lot of people say it's not convenient, but SOMEBODY has to make the first move.
Another thing is that we facilitate all sorts of things for supporting one another, such as using torrents, increasing internet privacy, and eliminating DRM. We aren't just looking for a better internet, we want one that's true to what the Internet should be; a place where people from all over the world can come together to interact. We have many suggestions for tools for these purposes, such as messaging apps, software, plug-ins, and more! You can ask Salty or ThunderPerfectWitchcraft for good tips. Also, use more physical formats!!
And lastly, have fun! And be careful too! Some places online are just, not that good. Like Luke Smith's website, ive seen guys like him say stuff thats kinda transphobic, so please be careful about where you end up online. But do have fun still, tons of websites have links to places they like, so you can just surf on through.
Thanks for joining Melonland! Hopefully you have a good time here

tomyatemo
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023 @81.69 »

Thank you for the welcome!

I'm not sure if I'm ready to cut cords with everything core-web-related because I still use part of it to learn stuff and talk to my friends. I'm don't want to isolate myself from them either.

But I'm trying to not use social media and sites like youtube too much for mental health reasons. I'm trying to avoid brainlessly consuming media as I feel it robs me of my life.

Thank you again!! :transport:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi