Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @83.52 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 917.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Events and Activities
| | |-+  Half Moon Art Club!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Half Moon Art Club!  (Read 5108 times)
TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2023 @779.68 »

Yep, don't worry! This week has been extended until the 20th to give everyone a bit of a break, but there will be a new prompt on that day and we will be returning to the normal schedule!
It's good to take breaks once in a while. I appreciate this plan! :4u:

I'm a bit tired to add much to this compliment but I think this has been my favorite s o far  :cheesy:  :cheesy:

i love your comic by the way - and so did my cat when i showed it to her! :)

Thank you all so much! :blush:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2023 @749.58 »

A new week has arrived, bringing with it chilly air and the promise of Amazon deliveries.

Weeek #6:

Deadline: 5th of December!
Theme: Something to put on the wall
Bonus Challenge: Actually put your work on a wall!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
seraph
Casual Poster ⚓︎

you're telling me a queer coded this?

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2023 @360.15 »

putting in my entry a little early so i dont forget

a wall lamp!! my first idea was a painting but we scrapped that and my second idea was a wall lamp. i just made up the design of the lamp as i went. theres a green wall mount with a metal tube that bends and extends the lightbulb out from the wall. theres a glass dome over the bulb with liquid inside that simmers from the heat of the bulb underneath. and the light is shining on some magical swimming fish in the air. of course theres an on and off switch, that is the red smiley face button on the green wall mount. it kind of reminds me of some old fancy christmas tree lights we had that would  have liquid in them that bubbled when the lights were on, those were really cool but also probably a bit of a safety hazard LOL.

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2023 @955.63 »

I finally found time to participate :grin: but I realized I won't have time to get the stuff I need for my actually planned project, so I pivoted to using plant foliage instead of textiles.

I recently trimmed my monstera and had some leaves left. I had thrown them out on the balcony until I could bring them downstairs, but now I got to use one after clearing the snow off.
What made it difficult was the risk of pulling too tight and turning the holes into slits, which tends to happen if you angle it in the direction of the fibers. You can see one giant rip, but I think it adds to the message that happens to mend it and sew it back together.

Details: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

I can elaborate on the intention behind some of the stuff, but I think it is open enough for everyone to freely interpret how they want - the text message and heart symbolism, the aging and drying out plant, the trimming process, being brought in from the snow, being nailed to the wall..

EDIT: I hope I didn't misinterpret the prompt :drat: the more I read it the more I doubt that a leaf is something people see as something you can put on a wall oof
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024 @680.81 by shevek » Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2023 @963.67 »

I hope I didn't misinterpret the prompt
There is no such thing as misinterpretation in the art club because there is no reality beyond what you make here :omg:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Memory
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2023 @6.59 »

[removed by author]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2024 @632.14 by j » Logged
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2023 @890.37 »

i definitely see a leaf as a piece of art!

honestly what you've made here is one of the most beautiful things i've seen in ages, because i think i interpret your creation as working in tandem with nature. i don't know if that's a projection of how i see the world (probably), but you're relying so heavily on nature to express its innate beauty, and you're being so overtly minimal in your material choices where you interconnect your thoughts, so everything really just screams a sustainability i connote with folks making old-fashioned wreaths (and other things) by hand without regard for what's popular and expected of art. that's a lot of waffle for me to simply say: "your art makes me feel really excited and happy, enough to want to really comment to let you know that i appreciate it a lot" :D

Thank you so much, that really means a lot to me :smile:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2023 @557.06 »

I bet you expected last week to last forever, but didn't! Now it's the next week!

Weeek #7:

Deadline: 19th of December!
Theme: Draw your own borders
Bonus Challenge: Bake your art in an oven

Memory
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2023 @747.86 »

[removed by author]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2024 @630.72 by j » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2023 @67.59 »

Im gonna be a bit cheeky and drop a late submission for this one; just a picture of the sea, because the seas are borders, but they are also borderless, the float into the sky as rain, each wave is like a horizon that grows and crashes itself into the land; the distance is always moving, and spaces flow away like time; every perceived moment is an attempt to capture the uncapturable and time itself is a series of flawed memories; I can only conclude that there never were borders except for those that we put in ourselves.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023 @74.54 by Melooon » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2023 @72.20 »

Oh ho ho ho, it's about to be week 8!

Weeek #8:

Deadline: 4th of January!
Theme: Snow!
Bonus Challenge: Make an artwork that melts!

beanbag

You best get to sleepin

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2023 @587.86 »

I should be getting ready for a family reunion, but instead I made this. (of course my first thought was "snowman")

It's a cat with a bowtie :) Made of vanilla ice-cream. On a white plate. I see what I did wrong, haha. It's a snowy background, yes that's it. The chocolate also melts :)

If only I had orange sorbet instead... I could sculpt my precious Gato.

Cat:
Spoiler
[close]

Watch me pour pepsi.

Wet cat:
Spoiler
[close]

I am tired, like, all the time.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2024 @719.99 »

Hi, oops I had a bit of a mental health wobble the last week and totally forgot about this! But a new prompt is ready!  :ha:

Weeek #9:

Deadline: 2nd of February!
Theme: Mechanisms and clockwork
Bonus Challenge: Animate your work!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2024 @61.13 »

No one gathered that week, but sometimes it goes that way!

Weeek #10:

Deadline: 16th of February!
Theme: A portrait
Bonus Challenge: Doodles!

Memory
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2024 @6.17 »

[removed by author]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2024 @642.59 by j » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by MemoryBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3730
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
jiangshi's ☆FUTURE BASS☆ club

Started by fterlyfeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 1
Views: 1683
Last post November 18, 2021 @611.18
by fterlyfe
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 2120
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi