Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @329.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Events
| | | |-+  Half Moon Art Club!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Half Moon Art Club!  (Read 4795 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: August 23, 2023 @7.72 »

o-o-o-O-O Half Moon Art Club O-O-o-o-o

Hello!  :ha: Im starting a new forum club for art making!

Every 2 weeks a new theme will be announced; you will have the following 2 weeks to make your artwork! You can use any medium you like (digital, programming, paints, crayons, pomes, songs, woodwork, sandcastles etc) but there are a number of rules!

Club Rules!
  • You can never use the same primarily medium twice in a row!
  • You must incorporate a tool/medium/style or idea you've never used before.
  • Whatever your first idea is when you read the theme; you have to discard it and think of something else!
  • You get bonus points if you cry and/or laugh when making your artwork.
  • You get bonus points if you make your artwork at an unexpected, unusual or inconvenient moment!
  • You are not allowed to self-criticise.

There will also be an optional bonus challange each week to go along with the theme!

To participate in the club; just post your artworks below along with a story or context if you wish!

There are no winners in the club; artworks will be collected here and eventualy displayed in a virtual gallery if we collect enough  :ozwomp:

Good Luck!  :ha:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023 @10.16 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023 @9.00 »

Weeek #1:

Deadline: 6th of September!
Theme: "Purple Makes Me feel..."
Bonus Challenge: Only use the colour red!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
urgellx
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Lost on the web

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023 @716.40 »

Weeek #1:

Hello, it's a bit early but i had quite a lot of fun drawing this one so i ended up spending a few hours back-to-back.
Thought i'd get out of my comfort zone and try something according to the challenge and with bigger things. So for once,
i did some colors, i used a very large marker and i used a small page.
What i'm using :
  • a large red marker
  • orange and red pencils
  • a blue to red conversion using the GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP)

It's a bit hard to read but it's written "Purple makes me feel at ease", which is the second idea i had, so i tried to draw pleased
faces, with pleasing shapes. That's pretty much it.

Large image
[close]

Have a good day and good luck for your submission, old one.

Héhé, écoute, derrière y'avait pas mal de vent.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023 @766.13 »

@urgellx This is great; thank you for being the first so quickly! And Im glad to see you got something out of it; I was a little worried the theme might be too vague, but it doesn't seem to have been an issue  :grin:

TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2023 @583.02 »

I made my submission for week #1 on Sunday! :grin:

Here it is (in low quality):
Spoiler
[close]

Semi-In-depth Analysis:
Spoiler
The text reads:
Purple makes me feel comfortably confined.
IN THIS RUBY RAZOR BLADE DOLLHOUSE
Foundation of my ghost's shadow.

Personally, the colour purple makes me feel warmth, hospitality but also "the state of being trapped" in some strange way. :ohdear: In addition, every time I think of purple, I am reminded of these Victorian household decorative styles. No idea where all of this is coming from.

"Ruby Razor Blade Dollhouse" is a title for a song I have yet to finish. The vibe of the artwork as I was painting it reminded me of it and so I decided to implement some ideas from that song. It also strangely connects well with my view on purple too. Hmm...

The girl in the picture sympolises, well, how purple makes me feel. Her Victorian clothing is fancy and comfy. However, her wings are tilted inwardly towards her body showing that, while she can be free, she prefers to keep herself in this enclosure... or maybe she is forced to be kept in place. That is not made clear on purpose, but you get the point.

The window on the wall is trying to convey that the girl is being watched or even controlled (like how security cameras work), perhaps another reason why she cannot leave this place.

The bright red triangle with the splash of red on its upper point indicates injury and yet balance within such violent circumstance.

The sentence "Foundation of my ghost's shadow." is meant to express that the girl created this cage for herself in the past. It also suggests that the girl might have passed away/is inactive as she is a ghost/angel with wings, whereas her shadow is still alive and active due to her lack of the wings (kind of hard to notice in the drawing).

This can go much more deeper, but I'll leave the rest of the details up to interpretation. :dive:
[close]

Didn't exactly follow rule no.2 since I tend to draw digitally in this way, so to make up for it, I decided to follow the bonus challenge. I limited myself to one hue of red throughout the entire piece and played with saturation and tone. Hope that's okay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Memory
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2023 @608.07 »

Weeek #1:

Wahoo! I did a piece for week one! I used different coloured red marker pens that I bought last week and drew in a new book that I bought too!

Purple makes me feel happy :D! (click it for full size!)
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2023 @176.69 »

This is actually a toughie for me.. I'm gonna try and channel my Inner-Purple for this..

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Finel
Casual Poster ⚓︎

AY UP!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2023 @576.56 »

Hey! I actually did this Monday but only now got around on posting it.

I think the direction this went is very based on the "Whatever your first idea is when you read the theme; you have to discard it and think of something else".

I did it digitally, and mostly on one layer before playing with overlays. I tried looking in my art program for any tool that I never used before and saw the noise tool, so I used that which (after playing with layer modes) I think made everything have a cool texture, very crunchy.

To explain my piece, I kinda combined the theme with the bonus challenge, creating "purple makes me feel red". Purple a lot of time symbolizes royalty and wealth, and red a lot of times symbolizes anger/rage. which created a very on the nose picture, but I can leave subtlety for a future prompt.

cw for beheaded head but it's not like realistic
Spoiler

[close]

Finel ✡ - He/They
urgellx
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Lost on the web

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2023 @617.22 »

Hey! I actually did this Monday but only now got around on posting it.

cw for beheaded head but it's not like realistic
Spoiler

[close]

Nice beheading, looks neat !
Here's a sad fact to make this message worth being posted :
The last beheading by guillotine in Western Europe happened in France in 1977 !
That's quite late.

Héhé, écoute, derrière y'avait pas mal de vent.
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2023 @131.70 »

Purple makes me feel..confused, heavy, surreal, frantic

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
dirtnap

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2023 @846.26 »

made in microsoft paint using only the shape tools (except the line tools which aren't really shapes), the default palette, and mousekeys.

(i hope the image shows up correctly)

* derse ship.png (8.63 kB, 800x800 - viewed 35 times.)

no js no shoes no problem
forgettablename
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2023 @949.03 »

this is awesome! keepings this in mind in case i decide to participate in an art challenge in the future

-katrina
Memory
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2023 @27.19 »

Purple makes me feel..confused, heavy, surreal, frantic

WAOW... This is so cool and unique looking!!  :chef: chunk...
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2023 @870.82 »

Im glad to see all the entries! There still a few hours left!

For my own entry; I decided to redraw some of the forum new messages icon.. but I filled it with interesting monsters  :grin:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2023 @964.49 »

Ok week one is over! Thank you everyone who participated; I have saved each artwork and Im gonna start work on a gallery space sooooon  :grin:
I hope you enjoyed it! For the next round Iv decided to make it more practical, but with a twist  :ha:

Weeek #2:

Deadline: 22nd of September!
Theme: Bridge to ?
Bonus Challenge: Make it 3D!

-Also if you'd like to offer suggestions or ideas for future themes/challenges, feel free to post; I wont guarantee they will be used, but they will be considered!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by MemoryBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3647
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
jiangshi's ☆FUTURE BASS☆ club

Started by fterlyfeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 1
Views: 1617
Last post November 18, 2021 @611.18
by fterlyfe
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 2055
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi