Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @78.96 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 922.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  What are your website/internet plans for 2024?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What are your website/internet plans for 2024?  (Read 3115 times)
xero333

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: xero333
iMood: xero333
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2024 @751.10 »

I plan to create my very first personal site this year! As soon as Neocities has sent me the verification code email ...

I've checked my spam and basically all my email folders, and nothing. Looks like this is a very common issue over the last few months with Neo, but hopefully it comes through in a few hours.

I don't know what content exactly I'm going to put on my site, but I can't wait to get stuck in.

:pc: Bring back the old web! :pc:
Memory
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024 @217.78 »

What a fun question! My internet plans are pretty straightforward:

• Continue to upload journal entries to my site daily.
  • Stay off of social media, including Neocities! I've decided that while I'll continue updating my site, I'll likely only check my Neocities feed once a week or so, or only on the weekends.
  • I'd like to find somewhere that I can upload photos, but off my site, due to internet privacy & whatnot. Instead of uploading my photos somewhere online, I may just start printing them & making some sort of album or scrapbook. It depends on how costly that would be.
  • One of my resolutions is to fill up a sketchbook, so I may upload scans to my site. I'm just undecided, because I don't want that to end up being an extrinsic motivator for drawing, because I already like drawing as it is.
  • Continue to participate in the Neocities book club that I helped create.
  • Continue writing my internet pen pal.
  • Find more new music.

Overall, I have no grand plans for my website. I've reached a happy spot where I upload it daily & feel satisfied with it, while still wanting to continue adding to it. Some more short term goals that I have are to rewrite my about page & make an art piece for my landing page. Other than that, I just want to keep having fun on the net.
OneMillionFurries
Full Member ⚓︎

Gettin silly with it

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

specimenThanks for being rad!:0 its one million furriesFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2024 @297.73 »

I'm hoping to FINALLY get that website revamp done that I've been telling myself I'd do for all of last year, then I'll hopefully be able to get some shrines going! I really wanna make one for Dr. Baldhead/Faust.... cringy self-ship art included!

Bakartridge
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2024 @263.95 »

Plans for this year are to make my own website (probably with NeoCities or something else, just gotta find a good tutorial or template or something to get my site to look nice), to not use social media sites so much (quit Twitter and recently quit Reddit, the only social media site I use is Tumblr at this point and I'm not SUPER active), explore the web some more (either through here, groups on SpaceHey, or other sites like Cloudhiker), to make some more YouTube vids (showing off and talking about tech and music stuff as I love those both, plus wanna get an old camcorder and record with that to really give it the authentic 2000s feel), and generally to just keep doing what I do and having fun with it.

Rawr.

tertiaryapocalypse
Casual Poster ⚓︎

travelling through space at a very high speed

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: tertiaryapocalypse

View Profile WWW

bred :3Joined 2024!
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2024 @409.85 »

in terms of website, i'd definitely like to optimise my site for mobile viewers as soon as i can! i expect it to take a lot of time, though, so i gotta wait for other stuff to cool down first. otherwise, it'd be super cool to just get past the next few drafts of my comic ^_^

for internet-- i'm going to get discord some time this year, hopefully! and aside from that, i want to branch out more with my frequent sites and listen to more music off spotify. radio, bandcamp, you name it! i want to find more cool webcomics too  :grin:

a button for the site tertiaryapocalypse, which reads 'visit mars' in all caps and below it reads the site name.a button reading long gone legends in black and white with an eye icon with a star pupil
krish
Casual Poster ⚓︎

The People's Princess ♡

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2024 @740.47 »

To be honest, I'm slowing the breaks on my website this year. I want to go back and refresh my skills via MDN docs.

prismatic
Casual Poster

mist ball⭐

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2024 @473.66 »

my only real "internet goal" is to find more cozy sites like this one to be a part of and join. that hasn't really gone successfully, which is unfortunate, but... that's how it is in 2024. @_@ i still search every now and again, but i just don't have any sort of high hopes anymore like i once did.
Junebug
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Vanitas Vanitatum Omnia Vanitas

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Vanitas no Carte fanJoined 2024!
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2024 @98.00 »

Refactor, refactor, refactor. The stylesheet needs to be fixed, there's so many embarrassing redundancies just sitting around. Also re-read the manga so I can continue the volume cover analyses, so I've got something to write, so that I write it and upload it to the pages that have the placeholders.

My preferred programming language is AutoHotKey.

"What you thought was a given was in reality a product of miracles."

Junebug
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2024 @99.20 »

my only real "internet goal" is to find more cozy sites like this one to be a part of and join. that hasn't really gone successfully, which is unfortunate, but... that's how it is in 2024. @_@ i still search every now and again, but i just don't have any sort of high hopes anymore like i once did.

I think you are actually me lol. I'm still trying the shotgun approach of joining everything and searching everywhere.

prismatic
Casual Poster

mist ball⭐

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2024 @97.23 »

I think you are actually me lol. I'm still trying the shotgun approach of joining everything and searching everywhere.

yep lol. due to the unpopularity of forums these days, i'm not having a ton of success bar this site, and maybe others. i still don't want to give up, though...
Junebug
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2024 @160.01 »

yep lol. due to the unpopularity of forums these days, i'm not having a ton of success bar this site, and maybe others. i still don't want to give up, though...

Sadly it's just not the most popular online communication medium anymore. But I also want to keep trying. And then hopefully I'll have gotten my fill of trying and then I'll stop.

bby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

take my memories of her with u

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2024 @293.90 »

• learn more about php
  • do more with mediawiki, gonna have to move it to a different host than my leprd.space which is for my fanlistings. enthusiast script isn't updated for newer versions of php so i basically can't have both on the same host since mediawiki won't work on php7.  :drat: OR find an alternative. cause i like enthusiast too much to not use it.
  • potentially buy more domains lol, aka one for neo. oh and actually post more on neocities, decide what i want to use it for.
  • look into different hosts. i love omg.lol and leprd.space so i'm not moving from them, just seeing what other options are out there! i like having multiple sites with different purposes spread out over one host.
  • interact with communities more? like on here and omg.lol. i am just very sensitive to being rejected and made fun of that i don't really post too much. would like to make more friends maybe.  :transport:
  • join more than one webring lol. also join more cliques and fanlistings. maybe even look into hosting one?
  • actually design my layout for my leprd.space. i'm more focused on learning new stuff than design but still, it's basically just the default template lol.
  • look into hosting my own guestbook with php and my own emoticons! i didn't use 123 guestbook but still, guestbooks are fun and i wanna use my favorite old deviantart emoticons and others i love.
  • put more of my offline pages back online, the things from my old neocities
  • use more css variables because i forget it exists sometimes and makes it easier

i don't think all of this will be completed this year since i sporatically work on my site, so this is more of a general plans list. also i'm probably forgetting things!  :ohdear:

makeup and stickers and ponies and myspace.com melonland.net! :ozwomp:

:sleep::wizard::happy:

:4u: digital pet hoard
:mail: wanna be pen pals?
flowers
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2024 @346.89 »

actually publish the site LOL

but more seriously, i want to at least get the first version of the home and about page done so i can focus on creating the other content i want to make, like blogs, art stuff, showcases... the whole reason i wanted to make the site really was to just blab about the things i like and want to share with anyone passing by. especially since i've shifted my focus from "Oh Let's Make Me Marketable #smallartbiz" to being like bro... i just want to have fun and be a little cringe i'll just stick to my dayjob

so, in fancy list form:
1. i want to finish the prototypes of the most important pages to me so i can publish them and work on embellishing them later
2. i want to figure out how to utilize mixed media more into my site than i already have so far
3. lint my html and css so it looks prettier in the backend because it is so janky because it's a few years old
4. a bunch of custom graphics i need to finish
5. upload scans of my art to my site sometimes... again, once it's up in the first place

BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2024 @747.29 »

• learn more complicated css and html
  • learn basic j query
  • organize my site
  • share my site
  • add a blog section
  • add more color

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 279
Views: 28044
Last post September 07, 2024 @123.48
by larvapuppy
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6382
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3903
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi