This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @863.91
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's only life! :dog: Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ MelonLand Info & Questions
| | |-+  Quotes not working?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Quotes not working?  (Read 2268 times)
milo
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


whoa!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« on: Spring, 16 May 2024 @830 » Embed

I hope I'm not missing something here...

Since joining up I've been trying to reply to posts using the quote and multi-quote feature. But when I click the button that says "insert quote into new post" nothing happens. The page doesn't change at all.

I'm using Firefox and I've tried it on 2 different computers and the same thing happens. Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?

Logged

https://themonkeyden.neocities.org/monkeydenbanner.png
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Here be dragons
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Great Posts PacmanThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 16 May 2024 @942 » Embed

Works for me using FF 115.10.0esr (64-Bit).
Just tried to select mutliple quotes; the button goes red, and when I click on the "x quotes" button, I can click on "Insert quotes into new post"; they weren't there instantly, but appeared after what felt like 1.5sec.

What are you doing, and what happens?

Logged

milo
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


whoa!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 17 May 2024 @285 » Embed

I do the same procedure there, click "quote" or "multi-quote", then I click where it says "X quotes" in the bottom left and a window pops up. I click the "add quotes to new post" button and nothing happens. The page and the window with the quotes in them stays in the same.

I've tried it on a laptop running Ubuntu Linux and a Desktop running Windows 10... seems really strange.

Logged

https://themonkeyden.neocities.org/monkeydenbanner.png
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Here be dragons
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Great Posts PacmanThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 17 May 2024 @288 » Embed

A shot in the blue: Might javascript be blocked?

Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 17 May 2024 @384 » Toggle Font Embed

Working fine for me too and on my test account! If you use particular browser plugins on both OSs, try disabling them temporarily to see if one of them is the cause - in particular ones that modify or mess with links.

You can also open the inspector and look at the console when you're trying to quote, that will tell you if you have any errors  :omg:

A shot in the blue: Might javascript be blocked?
This ones unlikely since the Multi-Quote button needs JS to show up in the first place!

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillThe Wizards OrbRed Tulip100 coins<3eyntivemds pet fishcurious fish
milo
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


whoa!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: Spring, 17 May 2024 @670 » Embed

Good suggestion with the console.

When I click the quote button this pops up:

"Uncaught DOMException: Permission denied to access property "post_mquotes" on cross-origin object"

And when I click the add quotes button I see this:

"Uncaught DOMException: Permission denied to access property "closeLightbox" on cross-origin object"

The only extension or plugin I use is adblock which I disabled to test this and still no changes. :(

EDIT: Getting the same errors in Chrome too. What the heck!!

« Last Edit: Spring, 17 May 2024 @672 by milo » Logged

https://themonkeyden.neocities.org/monkeydenbanner.png
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #6 on: Spring, 17 May 2024 @673 » Toggle Font Embed

on cross-origin object"
Aha! You are using the forum inside a frame! Yes, I can confirm the quotes don't work inside frames :omg: You've found a bug!

Are you using the forum inside my website? :grin: At any rate, if you click the little pointing hand at the bottom left it will pop you out of the frame and quotes should work then! Or just go here.

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillThe Wizards OrbRed Tulip100 coins<3eyntivemds pet fishcurious fish
milo
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


whoa!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: Spring, 17 May 2024 @707 » Embed

Aha! You are using the forum inside a frame! Yes, I can confirm the quotes don't work inside frames :omg: You've found a bug!

Are you using the forum inside my website? :grin: At any rate, if you click the little pointing hand at the bottom left it will pop you out of the frame and quotes should work then! Or just go here.

Woohoo!! That did it!! Thanks for the help!!

Yes I was definitely browsing the forum inside the website teehee. :D

Logged

https://themonkeyden.neocities.org/monkeydenbanner.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe