Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 22, 2024 - @407.04 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 33/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 593.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  Small issue bugging me with my page

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Small issue bugging me with my page  (Read 274 times)
Kissasta
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: June 19, 2024 @270.67 »

I've been struggling on how to fix this itty bitty problem:

I cant figure out how to remove or recolor the frame's border highlight and shadow. I can shrink the border down where it is not visible anymore but I kind of would like to be able to recolor it at a larger size to still have a 3d-ish border. Is there any way to do this?

^( o_o)v
dirtnap

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2024 @446.90 »

afaik, those borders you're seeing either side of the border are a box-shadow applied over the top of the frame's border, and aren't technically part of or styled by the frameset border attributes. if you set a really wide border (say, 29) you'll see they no longer line up properly, presumably because they were never designed to handle such massive borders. they may even repeat, especially if you zoom.

to my knowledge, what you want to do is not possible with the frameborder attribute itself.

if you want a border coloured other than the default, then i would recommend not using frameborders at all. instead, do border="0" frameborder="0" (always use both attributes) on your parent frameset, and then style the frame tag via css. 3px ridge deeppink should give you the effect you want.

no js no shoes no problem
Kissasta
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024 @140.34 »

afaik, those borders you're seeing either side of the border are a box-shadow applied over the top of the frame's border, and aren't technically part of or styled by the frameset border attributes. if you set a really wide border (say, 29) you'll see they no longer line up properly, presumably because they were never designed to handle such massive borders. they may even repeat, especially if you zoom.

to my knowledge, what you want to do is not possible with the frameborder attribute itself.

if you want a border coloured other than the default, then i would recommend not using frameborders at all. instead, do border="0" frameborder="0" (always use both attributes) on your parent frameset, and then style the frame tag via css. 3px ridge deeppink should give you the effect you want.

Yeah! That worked like a charm! Thank you!

^( o_o)v
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 17
Views: 4497
Last post August 03, 2024 @166.93
by candycanearter07
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 2233
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni
Yesterweb Zine - Issue 02 - Websites as an Act of Creativity - OUT NOW!!

Started by sadnessBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 1805
Last post April 27, 2022 @745.66
by Dojidave

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi