Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @592.81
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 408.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's the silly things you'll remember :trash: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  How do I disable autoplay for my webdeck player?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: How do I disable autoplay for my webdeck player?  (Read 138 times)
MrsMoe
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Deviantart Llama!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 @807 » Embed

I'm currently in the middle of remaking my site and I'm finally experienced with HTML enough to understand how to get a webdeck player widget to work on it. The only thing I'm concerned about though is that it autoplays the moment you enter the front page. I know a lot of people don't like that and I want to disable the autoplay, but I can't seem to figure out how to. I went into the js script file and found a line of code that seems to control it, but its number was already set to 0.

Logged

https://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0113-autism.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0021-vampirefangs.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0182-halloweencathouse.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/02L6smjc/ezgif-7-ebef155de1.gifhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/e53076104c8d22ed3d272d62cc8fccfa/88280e3f54890c11-c1/s250x400/aa5c1239ea59888acaa71ad26271790a794ccc5d.gifvhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0138-greenglow.gif
https://i.ibb.co/Lzg2SZj/tumblr-5afbadec7c65089061ba8cfa48b57bc8-469c61aa-100.webphttps://tinyurl.com/yn2v726zhttps://tinyurl.com/39tjbzfmhttps://tinyurl.com/32x3t38jhttps://tinyurl.com/2ybkhmh5https://tinyurl.com/2ue7d945https://tinyurl.com/493hsx5phttps://tinyurl.com/ye28hzrphttps://64.media.tumblr.com/92ec86321325be8fac199fecef8fd7b0/tumblr_ptpl0x7U4o1y8ua8do1_100.gifv
mrparker
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW

⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!lighthouse keeper artemisUserJoined 2026!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @314 » Embed

Hello,

So, it seems like the script disables autoplay, and uses YouTube's iframe API - which also defaults to disabling autoplay. I would suggest checking other code on your page to ensure you aren't triggering a click event on the element with the embed.

Another thing to potentially check is if your browser settings or extensions cause autoplay to happen regardless. I would try with other browsers, such as Firefox to be sure the behavior is functioning as intended.

Without any code, my ability to help with your issue is limited a lot. It's one thing to specify the library you're using, but it's not of much help unless I see the code you're writing, too. If you could maybe upload the page that is experiencing this to your site temporarily, that way I can look into it?

Logged
MrsMoe
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Deviantart Llama!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @868 » Embed

Hello,

So, it seems like the script disables autoplay, and uses YouTube's iframe API - which also defaults to disabling autoplay. I would suggest checking other code on your page to ensure you aren't triggering a click event on the element with the embed.

Another thing to potentially check is if your browser settings or extensions cause autoplay to happen regardless. I would try with other browsers, such as Firefox to be sure the behavior is functioning as intended.

Without any code, my ability to help with your issue is limited a lot. It's one thing to specify the library you're using, but it's not of much help unless I see the code you're writing, too. If you could maybe upload the page that is experiencing this to your site temporarily, that way I can look into it?


https://mrsmoe.neocities.org/TEST/

https://mrsmoe.neocities.org/TEST/webdeck-player/script.js

Here's my WIP index and the webdeck script if you wanna give my codes a look.

Logged

https://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0113-autism.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0021-vampirefangs.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0182-halloweencathouse.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/02L6smjc/ezgif-7-ebef155de1.gifhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/e53076104c8d22ed3d272d62cc8fccfa/88280e3f54890c11-c1/s250x400/aa5c1239ea59888acaa71ad26271790a794ccc5d.gifvhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0138-greenglow.gif
https://i.ibb.co/Lzg2SZj/tumblr-5afbadec7c65089061ba8cfa48b57bc8-469c61aa-100.webphttps://tinyurl.com/yn2v726zhttps://tinyurl.com/39tjbzfmhttps://tinyurl.com/32x3t38jhttps://tinyurl.com/2ybkhmh5https://tinyurl.com/2ue7d945https://tinyurl.com/493hsx5phttps://tinyurl.com/ye28hzrphttps://64.media.tumblr.com/92ec86321325be8fac199fecef8fd7b0/tumblr_ptpl0x7U4o1y8ua8do1_100.gifv
mrparker
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW

⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!lighthouse keeper artemisUserJoined 2026!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @909 » Embed


https://mrsmoe.neocities.org/TEST/

https://mrsmoe.neocities.org/TEST/webdeck-player/script.js

Here's my WIP index and the webdeck script if you wanna give my codes a look.

I seem to have an issue with the code currently, it doesn't seem to load videos from your playlist - I would re-download the player code and replace your copy of script.js and re-add your playlist at the top of the code.

Now, as for the issue - it uses the YouTube embed API, and instead of calling cuePlaylist it calls loadPlaylist - which assumes that you want to play the list instead of simply "cueing" it upon calling that function.

So, on line 333 of the script from the github, you'd change it from:

Code
player.loadPlaylist({ list: myPlaylists[currentPlaylist] });

To simply:

Code
player.cuePlaylist({ list: myPlaylists[currentPlaylist] });

That should have the intended behavior on browser-load that you want. The rest of the code stays the same.

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe