Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @48.94
Forum Activity: Five Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ♺ ∙ Snippets & Materials
| | | |-+  Image Maps


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Image Maps  (Read 2233 times)
brisray
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
RocketmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Spring, 27 May 2025 @831 » Embed

Among the forums I look at there seem to be more people asking how to make part of an image clickable. A lot of people recommend looking at the W3Schools page about them. There's nothing wrong with it, just that if you have a responsive site it will stop working properly.

The reason for that is that as the image size changes, the coordinates won't, so they will no longer match the image.

There are various ways to make them image maps responsive, and I wrote a page explaining some of them.

The page covers using JavaScript, SVG files and CSS grids which someone might find useful.

Logged
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 27 May 2025 @851 » Toggle Font Embed

This is awesome, and I will be bookmarking it for later reference! I have been working on several different game ideas, and was considering using image maps for one of them, but I do like to keep my pages and games as responsive as possible, so this is an issue I'll definitely be running into.

Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe