Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @725.68 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  what is your favourite fun (pdf) file you've found online?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what is your favourite fun (pdf) file you've found online?  (Read 381 times)
caracalled

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: caracalled

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 13, 2024 @638.87 »

what is your favourite fun book/text you've found online?
It can be anything, from fun artbooks to interesting texts! Doesn't even necessarily have to be a pdf either, if you have a gallery of cool old photos or whatever else, feel free to send it in here!
I mainly mean stuff you'd find on archive.org or another archival project but it doesn't need to fit that category exactly!

My current favorite is this book I found with a bunch of fish illustrations from the 18th century!

The FISH!

candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2024 @740.63 »

what is your favourite fun book/text you've found online?
It can be anything, from fun artbooks to interesting texts! Doesn't even necessarily have to be a pdf either, if you have a gallery of cool old photos or whatever else, feel free to send it in here!
I mainly mean stuff you'd find on archive.org or another archival project but it doesn't need to fit that category exactly!

My current favorite is this book I found with a bunch of fish illustrations from the 18th century!

The FISH!

FISH! That's really cute!!

As for my favorite silly text, this document always gets a chuckle out of me: Github - How to write unmaintainable code

Please please don't follow this advice by the way ^^

new to oldnet be nice

Marcellus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Rance Baise Ouais !!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Marcellus

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2024 @755.45 »

"Sometimes I create feelings in others that they themselves don't understand."
- Flash McQueen
brisray
Sr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

RocketmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2024 @813.74 »

The ones given so far had me giggling.

A very old one is the shooting yourself in the foot progrmming problem. There's loads of variations around but it's good to see this stuff never dies, just like ASCII Cows.

I like early pulp science fiction, lots of it was like cowboys and indians set in space using rayguns and flying cars but some was really original. Some of my favourites, like the work of  Fredric Brown and Harlan Ellison is still not available online, but others are. Like Billenium by J. G. Ballard.

The link is cultureinjection.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/ballard-james-graham-billennium-1962.pdf
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024 @820.16 by brisray » Logged
Tommie ΘΔ
Jr. Member ⚓︎

It's not gay if it's the floor...

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: anchorgutz
PicMix: brynnstic

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2024 @611.08 »

Might sound lame, but my favourite is the online pdf scan of the dsm-5  :drat:

Im a huge psychology nerd, so I love to pull it up and read it in class whenever im bored  :dog:

I tried linking it,, but its being weird  :sad: its basically the first thing to pop up if you look up dsm5 pdf scan

Last night I drove to Harper's Ferry and I thought about you...
Alys
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Hiya It's Alys! ~<3

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: alys-realm
iMood: alysrealm

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2024 @57.06 »

I was just looking at a fun/nostalgic book on the Internet Archive the other day! The smart girls guide to the internet
I never had this one in particular; it's definitely older than the first time I used the internet. It made me giggle, though. I used to LOVE the AG magazines, as well as the other books. The illustrations are also eye candy :happy:

Another fun one I visit from time to time is ye old lesbian masterdoc pdf  :tnt:

Oh! I also enjoy browsing the Internet Sacred Text Archive. I think it's fun

The FISH!

Also- I'm IN LOVE! I love :transport: old illustrations sm

come to my realm, maybe?
vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

It's mine! My text! You can't have it!! Bwahaha!!!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: winrg
iMood: winrg
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2024 @912.38 »

the pepsi arnell design document is a delightfully deranged PDF that, by all accounts, pepsico paid large sums of money for. it includes pages of circles overlaid on the pepsi logo, and discussions of the "gravity" of the pepsi brand, and pepsi galaxies. it's pretty out there, and pretty funny.

it also inspired a song!

candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2024 @17.92 »

the pepsi arnell design document is a delightfully deranged PDF that, by all accounts, pepsico paid large sums of money for.

Ah... the pepsi universe doc. I remember losing my mind over this as back in the day from how absurd it was. It just has the energy of padding out an essay with all the fluff words mixed with corporate insanity that is just so great. Also I have that song stuck in my head now, thanks. (its a fantasic song)

new to oldnet be nice

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2024 @605.32 »

the pepsi arnell design document is a delightfully deranged PDF that, by all accounts, pepsico paid large sums of money for. it includes pages of circles overlaid on the pepsi logo, and discussions of the "gravity" of the pepsi brand, and pepsi galaxies. it's pretty out there, and pretty funny.

it also inspired a song!

WOW you weren't kidding! I've never seen that one before and I thought you were exaggerating, but nope, they get straight to the crazy on the first page. Hilarious!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 38
Views: 6675
Last post Today at @682.84
by Dazhak
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by MemoryBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 2793
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa
[FONTS] Velvetyne Type Foundry

Started by NightdriftBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 2317
Last post February 06, 2022 @939.16
by Obspogon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi