This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @226.75
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: ozwomp is requesting your location :ozwomp: [Agree] Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Books & Stationery
| | |-+  Reading/writing about art and design


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Reading/writing about art and design  (Read 1090 times)
littlesecret
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


@1x__1
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« on: Autumn, 16 Oct 2024 @986 » Toggle Font Embed

I've been trying to write more about art and design. Casually. Just trying learn/practice how to observe and think and how to show people how i think. Melonland is helpful for that but its such a comfy space that i sometimes i just end up rambling lol.

Im wondering - what blogs, magazines, people on instagram even (i follow this web developer who frequently writes her thoughts/observations about random stuff and shares them on her stories and its actually awesome), about design/art/observation/history do you like to read? My favorite blog is the white pube. They write about "art, video games, books, food, life, the weather, whatever’s in our heart(s)."  I think Zarina and Gabrielle are extremely smart, well rounded, and  write beautifully about a range of topics. I also like its nice that, its less intimate and a little more rigid the way its ~All About~ Design~ but theres some interesting stuff and it actually has some good career advice. I recently read/listened to this amazing conversation from the white pube they had with a couple people from Geeks for Social Change about alternative web/safe social networks/web as liberation/anti capitalist communities/rss feeds etc. I thought it was very fitting to share here!
hopefully i'll create my own rss feed soon and share that in melonland too.

Let me know! 
:transport:


« Last Edit: Autumn, 16 Oct 2024 @992 by littlesecret » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 16 Oct 2024 @024 » Toggle Font Embed

I don't have many cool links to share since I'm actually a horrible reader and I really depend on people sending me the occasional cool article  :seal: One source I receive a lot of links too is e-flux, they do serious arts articles - I don't know if they have RSS, but they do send out a newsletter!
HOWEVER I do have notes on both your links!

The White Pube did a residency at the art center that my parents co-founded in the 80s and you can find a vlog about it! I actually find it a bit disturbing to watch because I remember that space from my childhood (its exactly the same), and its kinda part of my personal origin myth (you might actualy recognize parts of the building that are used on my site) ~ its a place that's not fully supposed to be online for me.. so its very strange to see it on youtube with people there :omg: However its nice to see it alive too, I would be a lot sadder if it was some crummy office these days! I'm glad they experienced it and captured the vibe for posterity!

Its Nice That are currently exploring an article about homepages and they might be including a section about MelonLand! (They were asking me questions :omg: Actually the same question you asked in another thread??) ~ So look out for that one if they go ahead with it! They only gave me a day to send answers.. so they are maybe not my best, but hopefully I got a few good ideas across :ohdear:

« Last Edit: Autumn, 16 Oct 2024 @027 by Melooon » Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillThe Wizards OrbRed Tulip100 coins<3eyntivemds pet fishcurious fish
littlesecret
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


@1x__1
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 01 Nov 2024 @818 » Toggle Font Embed

Omg! Thats so cool that they attended that residency and you know exactly where they are in that vlog  :grin:  also can't wait to read the interview for its nice that. 

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Enter Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe