Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @203.19
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :sleep: These are fast times on the World Wide Web~ Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  Hello :)


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 771 times)
prismaticpink
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: prismaticpink

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« on: Autumn, 26 Oct 2024 @052 » Embed

Hi, guys! I'm Carolina aka prismaticpink. Actually, that's the name of my website. I want to create a cool internet nickname, but I'm out of ideas :( I used to go by ladygalaxy in a lot of platforms, but I want a single word nickname this time.
I decided to go by my old internet nickname again, so you can call me Sakkie!
I'm Brazilian and I recently moved to Dublin. I created my first blog in 2004, but I always kept changing URLs, names, lots of servers were closed... Now I decided to start over.

To be honest, I didn't even know anything about the indie web/web revival movements until a couple of weeks ago, so my blog isn't really ~vintage~, but it was sort of 90% handcoded by me and my husband. Maybe in the future I'll create another website for the pixel art nostalgia :)

I hope I can make some friends! Feel free to send me messages <3

« Last Edit: Autumn, 17 Nov 2024 @747 by prismaticpink » Logged

http://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/05/sakkie-sign-an.gif

https://sakk.ie/button-sakkie.png http://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/06/88x31prismaticpink3.gif https://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/06/button_blog.jpg https://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/06/button.gif http://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/05/prismaticbutton32x32.gif
dream
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


hi!
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 26 Oct 2024 @140 » Toggle Font Embed

Welcome! Ireland's so lovely. I visited there recently. I like your website and its name! Prismatic has a nice ring to it. Perhaps galaxy as your username? It looks available. Does your husband have a website too?

Logged
prismaticpink
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: prismaticpink

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 26 Oct 2024 @580 » Embed

Thank you!! It was really fun choosing its name. I knew I wanted a .pink domain because I'd never seen a .pink website before. Prismatic came for sonority reasons (I wanted a word starting with P lol)
I still need some time to think, but thank you for the nickname suggestion!
Oh, my husband does have his website, but it's in Portuguese. He plans on translating it someday, though.



Logged

http://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/05/sakkie-sign-an.gif

https://sakk.ie/button-sakkie.png http://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/06/88x31prismaticpink3.gif https://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/06/button_blog.jpg https://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/06/button.gif http://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/05/prismaticbutton32x32.gif
Kalka
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Cube StoneMurbyGreat Posts PacmanGiver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 05 Nov 2024 @885 » Toggle Font Embed

Hello and welcome to the MelonLand Forum !

I've visited your website and I kind of relate to your "My Thoughts on Indie Web and Web Revival" post. I've made several blogs, tried to stay relevant, chased some trends but it felt so meaningless at the end of the day. I gave up somewhere in 2019 thinking that I wouldn't do anything anymore and making a website was out of question since I was sure I'd be terrible at coding. In February 2023 I tried an app and today I have my own .club website full of things I like with cringe things and dubious color schemes but I'm happy about it.

Thanks for sharing your website, I dig the UI  :transport:

Logged

http://internetometer.com/image/51289.png
prismaticpink
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: prismaticpink

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: Autumn, 17 Nov 2024 @762 » Embed

Hello and welcome to the MelonLand Forum !

I've visited your website and I kind of relate to your "My Thoughts on Indie Web and Web Revival" post. I've made several blogs, tried to stay relevant, chased some trends but it felt so meaningless at the end of the day. I gave up somewhere in 2019 thinking that I wouldn't do anything anymore and making a website was out of question since I was sure I'd be terrible at coding. In February 2023 I tried an app and today I have my own .club website full of things I like with cringe things and dubious color schemes but I'm happy about it.

Thanks for sharing your website, I dig the UI  :transport:

Thank you for the visit! I'm glad you liked the UI. I tried really hard to balance old web aesthetics and new features so it would be functional on mobile devices without being boring.

I think it's so cool that your website is in French. I really appreciate it when people create stuff online in their 1st languages. Even though English is great for worldwide communication, I believe in language as a form of self-expression and sometimes I feel more "myself" in Portuguese, so maybe other people feel the same way as well.

Btw, I apologise if I'm "ressurecting" this topic, since it's been almost a month. I read the forum rules and I couldn't find anything against it, but I know it's not really accepted in "forum etiquette" in general. But I decided to come back here to say that I finally chose my internet nickname. You can call me Sakkie (:

Logged

http://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/05/sakkie-sign-an.gif

https://sakk.ie/button-sakkie.png http://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/06/88x31prismaticpink3.gif https://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/06/button_blog.jpg https://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/06/button.gif http://blog.prismatic.pink/wp-content/uploads/2025/05/prismaticbutton32x32.gif
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe