Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @679.65
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 321.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: There's a great big indie web tomorrow! :smile: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art
| | |-+  What art program do you use?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print Embed
Author Topic: What art program do you use?  (Read 10870 times)
Memory
Guest

« Reply #30 on: Spring, 19 May 2023 @746 » Embed

I started using Krita back in 2017 or 2018 because it's cross-platform and I was dual-booting Windows and Linux and I've used it ever since then. It used to be really broken and unstable, but it's improved immensely over the years and almost never crashes on me nowadays. It's quite a good program overall and I don't remember having much trouble learning to use it even though it's on the more complicated side. I used to use FireAlpaca which I've also had good experiences with. It's a lot more simple and reminds me more of SAI, at least on the surface.

Logged
halcybutton
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


i may be cringe but i am free
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: halcybutton
Matrix: Chat!
iMood: halcybutton

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #31 on: Spring, 23 May 2023 @906 » Toggle Font Embed

 I really enjoy using Krita. However, on my phone, I use IbisPaintX. I think it has a computer counterpart too, I just haven't checked it out yet. Both programs have suited my needs well.

Logged

https://pixelsafari.neocities.org/favicon/symbol/heart/blue1.gif HALCYON  https://pixelsafari.neocities.org/favicon/animals/fishshark.gif
none/it/ey - EST
https://www.internetbumperstickers.com/066811/i01/intrnt_celeb_training.png
tenkai_no_perusona
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


あたしは暗い旅に出る
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #32 on: Spring, 24 May 2023 @990 » Toggle Font Embed

GrafX2 these last few months. I've been forcing some creative constraints upon myself lately to ease myself out of a 6-year art block, and GrafX2 has just the right amount of limitations for me. It's really fun to use it.

https://i.imgur.com/p6wOlKj.png

The fact that it's an old, but still actively maintained FOSS tool inspired by some Amiga painting programs sold it even more to me.

Logged

https://i.imgur.com/TeUN0MF.png
plantovision
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


born to ":3" forced to ":)"
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: plantovision
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #33 on: Spring, 24 May 2023 @048 » Toggle Font Embed

I've tried a bunch of art programs, but I only ever liked Paint.Net. Maybe it because of weird stabilizers or brushes with other programs, but Paint.Net is just simpler, plus I had a background with using it for photo editing.

Logged

Quote
born to be silly, forced to be stupid
https://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/Button.pnghttps://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/EvergreenButton.pnghttps://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/ButtonAnti.png
Memory
Guest

« Reply #34 on: Spring, 24 May 2023 @075 » Embed

[removed by author]

« Last Edit: Summer, 31 Jul 2024 @620 by Memory » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe