Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @259.24 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  stuff i do(and mostly cannot finish....)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: stuff i do(and mostly cannot finish....)  (Read 634 times)
Bart of the Clown Lands
Casual Poster ⚓︎

stinker

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 30, 2023 @223.92 »

Im kinda nervous to share my stuff on here...Some paintings that i started in the beginning of year. I just have not enough skill and i still cant find my style so it all causes me to give up on my wips :(

This is current one, it has mistakes but i love the colors :)

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023 @247.53 »

Oh wow, I really really love these!! Absolutely gorgeous! You have a very good sense of colour, and I looove how you draw hands.  :4u:

I can understand your frustration with your style, I've also been going through a style shift lately, and I keep getting bored of my process halfway through a piece and wanting to start a new one instead ^^; Your work is beautiful though, (I also looked at the stuff on your site, very cool!) so I'm super excited to see how your art evolves as you work through this process!

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023 @347.56 »

I really really enjoy your art! It reminds me of Dragon Age, and the art for the cards and the Dragon Age Keep tapestry, but with more interesting and vibrant colors.
To me they all have a very distinct style, it feels very cohesive.
I'm honestly super in love with the pink hands one. The shadows on the fingers are amazing.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023 @749.12 »

These are some wonderful paintings! As others have already mentioned, the colours match each other wonderfully. Emotions throughout each piece are clear and strong. There are also great dynamics among each character and prop which is a massive bonus in my opinion.

I especially like the first image with the lady in blue and the one depicting these two women in red, mainly because they fall under my personal taste for images that look slightly uncanny or otherwise strange, in a good way  :grin: . However, each and one of them are great by themselves from an outer perspective, as they manage to tick all of the boxes above. Seriously, this is lovely work! I reckon «not enough skill» is an understatement here.

There are a lot of artists who feel uncertain about how to approach their art style, but I think not being able to find a certain style should not be the reason someone gives up. There are probably better pieces of advice than what I will give out, but I would encourage you to try out different styles, as sticking into just one might introduce more restrictions than new pathways. In addition, you may discover something new that you may like, or you could use these other styles to improve or alter the ones you like the most and vice versa. And as such, you could also showcase how much knowledge you have about art.

At the end of the day, you do whatever you believe fits you best because it is your art. Do not be afraid to make mistakes as we can only learn from them! Plus, I personally do not believe in artistic "mistakes" but "happy accidents". So, keep it up and do what you love! :4u:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bart of the Clown Lands
Casual Poster ⚓︎

stinker

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023 @145.43 »

Hey thank you all very very much for nice words! It really made my day :")
I can understand your frustration with your style, I've also been going through a style shift lately, and I keep getting bored of my process halfway through a piece and wanting to start a new one instead ^^;
So much this! I also either finish my artworks in one sitting(7-8 hours omg) or it will sit in WIP folder for months...
I really really enjoy your art! It reminds me of Dragon Age, and the art for the cards and the Dragon Age Keep tapestry, but with more interesting and vibrant colors.
These DA cards were and probably always will be my main inspiration! I love how semi-realism of human figure intertwined with geometric forms and how artists of these deck decided their compositions and symbolism...Just yum.
There are probably better pieces of advice than what I will give out, but I would encourage you to try out different styles, as sticking into just one might introduce more restrictions than new pathways. In addition, you may discover something new that you may like, or you could use these other styles to improve or alter the ones you like the most and vice versa.
I love this advice and try to follow it when i can. The only thing that doesnt let me experiment much is my extreme fear of failing and thereof making fool of myself... Yeah failing and mistakes are absolutes for artsits, i agree 100% so i hope to somehow overcome my fear one day T_T

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are you playing (or have finished)?

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 208
Views: 20931
Last post September 28, 2024 @506.81
by ajazz
poetry thread: stuff you write, stuff you like

Started by DarmodejBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 12
Views: 2610
Last post July 26, 2024 @639.64
by spiralstaircase
Some of my stuff

Started by AjotaBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 5
Views: 1945
Last post April 21, 2022 @623.07
by Sylvian

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi