Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @374.13
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: There's a great big indie web tomorrow! :smile: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Worlds & Video Games
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Virtual Worlds
| | |-+  More Lore needed for Ozwomp's World (And Possibly An Isekai)


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: More Lore needed for Ozwomp's World (And Possibly An Isekai)  (Read 2932 times)
Rol
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Spring, 25 Apr 2023 @561 » Toggle Font Embed

Expanding upon that Ozwomp Isekai idea I mentioned in the ShoutBox, I was looking through the lore. I was reading through Help me write the Ozwomp lore! but that just gave me lore for Ozwomp themself, rather than info about the world (worlds?) the Ozwompians reside. A problem, because you cant really have an Isekai without a set world!  :ohdear:

There doesn't seem to be too much lore I could find related to their world in the first place, and I've been hesitant to make some of my own because I don't want it to be not-Ozwomp. I've never really written for anything too otherworldly like it!

« Last Edit: Spring, 25 Apr 2023 @573 by Okato » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 26 Apr 2023 @035 » Toggle Font Embed

I think if you check the lore thread purelyconstructive linked some external resources like the yonkrip zine that gives a little back story, but I guess it’s not really and overview!



The thing is that Ozwomp’s universe is not really a place; it’s the place between places, it exists in the dark matter that is all around us. It’s always expanding and so there’s always new places to explore! It has no time, everything that exists always existed, even if it only just appeared  :tongue: it’s where your memories live when you forget them, it’s where dreams and made and destroyed every night. It’s your first kiss and your last day on earth. It’s every time that isn’t now and everywhere you’ve never been  :grin:

So when I tell stores about Yonkrip, and the gateway that can never be passed (from the original game) - that’s just one of my memories of an another time (to be more specific it’s a memory about an airport).

The little galaxy of worlds with the big Ozwomp at the centre is a memory of being in love.

Sooo the idea really was to represent emotions as game worlds… in the same way as early abstract painters represented music as shapes in a painting.

I guess that’s like the least helpful answer to your question that I could possibly give you  :drat: but it’s also the most honest answer I can give! The truth is I don’t know, because it’s all so big and I’m pretty small! But thank you so much for asking because I don’t think I understood all this until I wrote it just now!!

If you have more specific questions I can try to answer them based on what Iv made so far! But with that in mind; I think you should think about your character and their life; try to stop thinking about literal objects and imagine your feelings as shapes and sounds. What do those shapes sound like? What would it feel like if you suddenly encountered that shape floating in your room? What would it feel like if you were suddenly in a world made of those shapes? Would you be scared? Happy? Unnerved? Then remember that Ozwomp is there to guide you home if you feel lost, or simply to be there to help you explore that strange place.  :4u:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe