Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @646.92 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  Help me write the Ozwomp lore!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Help me write the Ozwomp lore!  (Read 1313 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: February 10, 2023 @925.17 »

(For new members who are confused - My avatar is a character called Ozwomp from a small game series I make!)

Someone mentioned Ozwomp lore recently and I wrote down some bit based on the games.. but honestly its so vauge! I though it would be more fun to hear what you guys think the lore is/should be? It doesn't matter if you know any of my lore, or have played any of the games - whats your first impression when you think of Ozwomp!!
Id love to know! And maybe it can be the background for the next game if there are some good stories! :ozwomp:

EDIT: Also be warned - everyone who posts ideas will receive an EXTREMELY badly drawn ozwomp gift  :evil:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023 @170.58 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
SilkSkull

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023 @926.30 »

I feel like he is very excitable and/or fast.

Maybe he enjoys a certain snack too much? He seems like he would go feral for a snickers

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023 @941.10 »

I love that idea! He totally seems like a hungry fellow who would appreciate some snacks! - In most of the games there is something called "Paste" what everyones seems to want, maybe he wants that too, or maybe he likes eating star cookies! I bet he goes even faster after a snack.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023 @959.65 »

Ozwomp is the "Owner" of our Universe, every earth day he flies around watching the chaos of the galaxy twinkling back at him. While we on earth grind to the forever of our workplace, Ozwomp does whatever he wants. Ozwomp does not care about us, we care about him. The only thing we can hope is that he does not sell his Universe... Or start to destroy it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023 @965.08 by Icelogist » Logged

:ozwomp: my beloved

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023 @974.16 »

This is deep Ice, I like it!

WingsOfImagination

Beauty Serene Arrow!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023 @90.41 »

I feel like he is very excitable and/or fast.

Maybe he enjoys a certain snack too much? He seems like he would go feral for a snickers
My thoughts as well.

He also seems like a kind of creature that really likes to go out exploring and find new undiscovered horizons. I imagine him traveling throughout the universe in high speed, going from planet to planet, galaxy to galaxy, maybe even beyond what is known, his ultimate goal is to leave no stone unturned!

purelyconstructive
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2023 @141.33 »

Cool! I'll riff off of what everyone else has put so far, along with some information out of the design notes and The Yonkrip Tribune...

Part of what makes Ozwomp "owner" of the Universe is the fact that he is immortal. He was never born and will never die. His doughnut shape is symbolic of this eternal state of existence, an unbroken loop.

When he eats star cookies, they are blasted through the hole of the ring like the nozzle of a rocket. That's why he goes faster after a snack and has the power to travel such vast interstellar distances!

While star cookies are delicious, it is actually Paste which animates everything. It circulates within Ozwomp's ring, but also flows throughout the cosmos. It is the fundamental energy out of which other elements are made (such as orbulons and squarulons).

Ozwomp's crocodile nature, coupled to his ability to fly, make him an ideal protector of the Paste. Why must the Paste be protected? Some, like the Holy Ognobula, want to channel it towards get-rich-quick schemes. Such behavior throws the Universe into chaos. The orb that is looming is the precursor of a blackhole that will rip apart space and time should the Universe become filled with greed, recycling everything back into undifferentiated Paste.

The Great Tipi within Ozway is the last refuge of peace. The residents there want to create a Sacred Hoop for the healing of the Universe, but they lack the material to build it. It requires four elements, triangulons and pentalons in addition to the orbulons and squarulons.

They also need some bumpin' music to do The Dance of Knowing around it to get it moving. This is why Ozwomp makes his voyage, to seek out the minidiscs that contain the songs. Similar to how "a dog is a man's best friend", Platyhoop is Ozwomp's companion throughout his adventures.

...Ok, that's all I got for now. Haha! This is fun to imagine. :ozwomp:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2023 @195.12 »

Oh no you found my unlisted design document :tongue:

Lets see there are some cool thoughts here! Are we should he's the owner (are we sure hes's a he??) - maybe its more seamless, maybe he is the universe and the universe is him (hence why he's its shape?).

I like this rocket idea! Maybe other stuff could be modified it is goes through him to! What would happen if he flew into a cloud of star cookie crumbs??

Interesting; so Orbulons are like elements? Do they construct into anything like atoms? Is there any sort of chemistry that can happen with them?

Oh he's a protector now? Hmmm; I think I like him being more of an impartial bystander who makes no judgment on the actions of others; but maybe doing that is a form of protection somehow - crocodiles are very ancient and both dignified and grumpy - those are definitely good protector traits!

I totally forgot about Great Tipi! I like this utilising of elements going on - I guess that answers my earlier question! Somehow this makes me think of the large hadron collider - maybe discovery is the path to healing!

Weirdly I never considered the minidsics having anything to with music, but it makes a LOT of sense! Do these songs have any special meaning that adds to his voyage? Could the songs actually be kinda random.. maybe there is no one song, but a stream of verses made up of all songs that harmonise.

Lots of good thoughts here! 

purelyconstructive
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2023 @312.12 »

Lets see there are some cool thoughts here! Are we should he's the owner (are we sure hes's a he??) - maybe its more seamless, maybe he is the universe and the universe is him (hence why he's its shape?).
Maybe Ozwomp is genderless? Or perhaps it is a detail that one could provide in-game, like when one customizes their character?...In general, the idea of Ozwomp being synonymous with the Universe makes sense to me; it would also provide an explanation as to why the Paste flows through the ring, making them immortal.

I like this rocket idea! Maybe other stuff could be modified it is goes through him to! What would happen if he flew into a cloud of star cookie crumbs??
Yes, like different types of powerups! Maybe flying into a cloud of star cookie crumbs gets them to circulate around Ozwomp in a protective bubble or provides a speed boost of a longer duration until the cloud dissipates? I keep envisioning the kinds of vortices that appear around butterflies as they move their wings. Or maybe it simply makes an interesting visual effect, like when two vortex rings collide?

Since the Ozwomp games are more meditative, would the powerups be more about creativity in movement, solving puzzles, or unlocking things? The idea of a protective bubble does not seem to be of much use in that case as there is nothing to dodge and there is no concept of "damage"...It is interesting how storyline can influence gameplay and vice versa.

Interesting; so Orbulons are like elements? Do they construct into anything like atoms? Is there any sort of chemistry that can happen with them?
"Paste" evokes the concept of holding everything together, an energy that acts like a cosmic glue. The names of the substances made me think of the shapes that they make when bonding (i.e.: "orbulon" = circle and "squarulon" = square). "Triangulon" and "pentalon" were riffing off of that idea. Like actual elements, perhaps different proportions of them yield materials of different qualities? It could make for an interesting crafting mechanic.

The Sacred Hoop was something to build, one of the things that gives meaning to the journey, although the idea of elements could be used in other ways too.

Oh he's a protector now? Hmmm; I think I like him being more of an impartial bystander who makes no judgment on the actions of others; but maybe doing that is a form of protection somehow - crocodiles are very ancient and both dignified and grumpy - those are definitely good protector traits!

I totally forgot about Great Tipi! I like this utilising of elements going on - I guess that answers my earlier question! Somehow this makes me think of the large hadron collider - maybe discovery is the path to healing!
I thought the ideas connected together in a way that had an interesting dynamic, one that seems plausible based on all of the information given. For example, it gave an explanation for the appearance of the orb, a reason for why Ozwomp would be part crocodile, etc. It also provides a larger context that other characters and settings, like the Holy Ognobula and the Great Tipi, can be easily connected to. When motives are at cross-purposes it creates tension that drives a story forward toward a resolution of some kind. But stories do not necessarily have to play out as "protagonist vs. antagonist"...

In that case, maybe the voyage is one of self-discovery, of Ozwomp bringing progressively more harmony to every place that is visted until the realization that Ozwomp is the Universe itself? That would also fit in with the theme of "discovery is the path to healing".

Weirdly I never considered the minidsics having anything to with music, but it makes a LOT of sense! Do these songs have any special meaning that adds to his voyage? Could the songs actually be kinda random.. maybe there is no one song, but a stream of verses made up of all songs that harmonise.
The multiplicity of discs made me think of it as many unique songs. Since you fly to different places, maybe it could be thought of as the integration of different cultures, like we are merging the sacred songs of seemingly separate places into one? This links back to the previous ideas of Ozwomp being the Universe and how discovery, such as discovering more about one another, can lead to healing and harmony.

...Just throwing some ideas out there. It is interesting to see it develop.
WingsOfImagination

Beauty Serene Arrow!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2023 @600.63 »

are we sure hes's a he??
Ozwomp seems like a male to me.

I would like to think there is also a female Ozwomp somewhere out there in the universe, that Ozwomp has a huge crush on, but he can't quite get to her during their rare encounters because she's even way faster than him! :happy:

nymphaeaphoo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2023 @627.53 »

this was my first thought when seeing ozwomp

-
SilkSkull

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2023 @683.38 »

I would like to think there is also a female Ozwomp somewhere out there in the universe, that Ozwomp has a huge crush on, but he can't quite get to her during their rare encounters because she's even way faster than him! :happy:
That is adorable!!! We need to see Ozwomp blush !

I love the idea of him just exploding out of a can, like he creates so much energy that the can just pops open. :happy:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2023 @24.33 »

in this universe the big bang is actually just ozwomp breaking out of the primordial pineapple can. or its like his special attack!
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2023 @523.08 »

i can imagine ozwomp likes to spin around really fast until he gets dizzy just for the fun of it.
:ozwomp:

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2023 @679.53 »

I have absolutely no knowledge or background exposure to Ozwomp, so this is just my initial impression of it.
Ozwomp looks like he really enjoy's early Earth CGI TV shows, like Reboot. He feels a passing familiarity and comfort from them. The simple shapes, colours and gradients bring him to a better place of mind.

I love it. I also love the crocodiles unwavering belief in the full protection the traffic cone offers.

While star cookies are delicious, it is actually Paste which animates everything. It circulates within Ozwomp's ring, but also flows throughout the cosmos. It is the fundamental energy out of which other elements are made (such as orbulons and squarulons).

The Paste is The Force now? Hmm. George Lucas should take some notes.  :ok:

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ozwomps Voyage - Playable edition development journal!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 21
Views: 5066
Last post February 27, 2022 @128.44
by ellievoyyd
Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1802
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4870
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi