This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @480.22
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :wizard: You can make anything on the web! :wizard: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ☁︎ ∙ Web Spelunking (Links)
| | | |-+  Cyberspace and Time - Retro Virtual Operating System That Runs in A Browser!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Cyberspace and Time - Retro Virtual Operating System That Runs in A Browser!  (Read 2153 times)
Kallistero
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


SOON.
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Summer, 27 Aug 2023 @663 » Toggle Font Embed

I've been going through topics in the forum and can't believe I didn't see this here.  :defrag:

 :pc:  Cyberspace and Time is the host for a retro-but-still-unique virtual operating system called 2020os. I've attached a screenshot for how it should look below!

I've linked to the About page so you can see what the creator has to say about it, but click the link to enter 2020os if you just want the experience. I would say this project is definitely worth experiencing for a lot of the people in this space. Try different programs, scroll the page to resize those big funky buttons on the left, press the big funky "Web Portal" button to browse the Web or use its own onboard YouTube player.

It's all very impressive, and it's built in a WebGL game engine instead of being primarily HTML-based. The site's been around for a few years now, but I have yet to see anything else like it. In my opinion, it's one of the coolest Web sites out there, but the site (along with its very concept of being a browser-based operating system) is extremely understated.  :chef:



* Screenshot 2023-08-27 102945.png (569.28 kB, 1366x693 - viewed 101 times.)
Logged

I miss the pomegranate :trash:
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 29 Aug 2023 @635 » Toggle Font Embed

Oh, this is really neat! I love this idea, and I've actually been working on one of my own for a little while, though I don't have it online yet and it's HTML based, not WebGL. A while back in my blog, I actually made a link post for online Operating Systems, but those were all real ones (Mac OS 8, Windows 95, etc). I've been thinking about making a post of a collection of fantasy Operating Systems also, since there seem to be a number of these projects around.

Always great to see a new one, and I like the aesthetic it's got going on. I like how you can tell it was originally based on Win95, but it's grown to have its own quirks over time.

Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Enter Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe