Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @867.94 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 73/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Cyberspace and Time - Retro Virtual Operating System That Runs in A Browser!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cyberspace and Time - Retro Virtual Operating System That Runs in A Browser!  (Read 421 times)
Kallistero
Jr. Member ⚓︎

SOON.

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 27, 2023 @663.18 »

I've been going through topics in the forum and can't believe I didn't see this here.  :defrag:

:pc:  Cyberspace and Time is the host for a retro-but-still-unique virtual operating system called 2020os. I've attached a screenshot for how it should look below!

I've linked to the About page so you can see what the creator has to say about it, but click the link to enter 2020os if you just want the experience. I would say this project is definitely worth experiencing for a lot of the people in this space. Try different programs, scroll the page to resize those big funky buttons on the left, press the big funky "Web Portal" button to browse the Web or use its own onboard YouTube player.

It's all very impressive, and it's built in a WebGL game engine instead of being primarily HTML-based. The site's been around for a few years now, but I have yet to see anything else like it. In my opinion, it's one of the coolest Web sites out there, but the site (along with its very concept of being a browser-based operating system) is extremely understated.  :chef:

* Screenshot 2023-08-27 102945.png (569.28 kB, 1366x693 - viewed 33 times.)

No pomegranates. If anyone messages me, and I found out they're a pomegranate, I will ask them to leave! :angry:
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023 @635.03 »

Oh, this is really neat! I love this idea, and I've actually been working on one of my own for a little while, though I don't have it online yet and it's HTML based, not WebGL. A while back in my blog, I actually made a link post for online Operating Systems, but those were all real ones (Mac OS 8, Windows 95, etc). I've been thinking about making a post of a collection of fantasy Operating Systems also, since there seem to be a number of these projects around.

Always great to see a new one, and I like the aesthetic it's got going on. I like how you can tell it was originally based on Win95, but it's grown to have its own quirks over time.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Virtual worlds: where the heck do I start?

Started by GuestBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 5
Views: 2084
Last post June 08, 2023 @27.16
by Melooon
Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1872
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
GUIDE: How to fix links on a frame site! - MK Frame-Link System

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 9
Views: 6806
Last post March 10, 2024 @777.40
by Salty

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi