Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 09 Oct 2026 - @210.90
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Worlds & Video Games
| |-+  ⚽︎ ∙ Look ma, I made a game!
| | |-+  new crpg called Crab-RPG


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: new crpg called Crab-RPG  (Read 6135 times)
Dojidave
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


huh?
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: Winter, 26 Feb 2022 @763 » Toggle Font Embed

https://crab-rpg.com/images/crpg/1.png
Around 1 years ago I started a little game with some friends based on a funny meme image on Discord (see above image). The idea around it was that they would to the image with a command and I would then create the next image with the consequences as well as more options for them to choose. This is how Crab-RPG was started.

Making these pages was fun but I also wanted to see if I could share them with others and that drove me to try to create my own website. This website became https://crab-rpg.com/! To add a bit of story I also added 2 characters to give commentary as if they where the ones playing the game, called CJ and KU.

At first I tried to make the website using a tool called Nicepages, but this turned out to be much to finicky for me to make what I really wanted out of the website. This general frustration and the fact I was starting a Masters led me to put this project on hold until around the start of this month, when I found a bit more time and found this forum. I decided then to try to remake the website using actual HTML rather than some tool, and while it is not perfect and still needs plenty of improvement I'm glad at where it is at since it allows me to add new things much easier.

I have allot more pages sitting and waiting to be added to the website since the page count got to around 100 or so before I stopped playing the game with my friends due to all of us getting busy. I hope to upload at least a few each week until my backlog is gone, at which point it might be cool to try to get response from other people, maybe from here if people are interested! Putting things into the hands of others can be fun! Here is once choice people can help me with if they don't mind. I would like to give CJ and KU their own text colour so feel free to suggest a colour for either one or both to use!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

Logged

Memory
Guest

« Reply #1 on: Winter, 26 Feb 2022 @768 » Embed

This seems like a fun concept. However, is there a way to choose different paths? Because I only see one selectable button.

« Last Edit: Winter, 26 Feb 2022 @770 by Memory » Logged
Dojidave
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


huh?
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 27 Feb 2022 @492 » Toggle Font Embed

Quote
This seems like a fun concept. However, is there a way to choose different paths? Because I only see one selectable button..

I'm glad it seems like a fun concept!

But no there is only one real path since future actions and elements of the story are built on the actions of the past. If there where multiple paths it would very quickly become very extremely complicated. Since there are also stats that affect the chances of success for some actions. Maybe later on I will experiments with branching paths but for now not to expand the scope of the project out of control I will stick with one path, intended to give a cohesive narrative.

Logged

di
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


she/her dude/bro/girl
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Fall!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 07 Mar 2022 @020 » Toggle Font Embed

CrabRPG is so strange and fun! I want to know what would have happened if I tried to seduce him... or do I? :ziped:

Logged

https://delovely.neocities.org/images/blinkies/bl-alien.gifhttps://delovely.neocities.org/images/blinkies/ibelieveinyou.gifhttps://delovely.neocities.org/images/blinkies/di.gifhttps://delovely.neocities.org/images/blinkies/delovely.gif
DoctorScreech
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


the doctor is in!
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: doctorscreech

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 14 Mar 2022 @203 » Embed

>Seduce him
>:grin:evour

Okay, my interest has been piqued.

Logged

https://doctorscreech.neocities.org/screechmd.gif
:D the doctor is in! :D
OkayRelax
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


esoteric schizo ball knowledge.
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
92nd Melon Land forum memberDarkraiAquariusRPG fanMacOSWriting Wizard
« Reply #5 on: Spring, 29 Mar 2022 @442 » Toggle Font Embed

https://crab-rpg.com/images/crpg/1.png
Around 1 years ago I started a little game with some friends based on a funny meme image on Discord (see above image). The idea around it was that they would to the image with a command and I would then create the next image with the consequences as well as more options for them to choose. This is how Crab-RPG was started.

Making these pages was fun but I also wanted to see if I could share them with others and that drove me to try to create my own website. This website became https://crab-rpg.com/! To add a bit of story I also added 2 characters to give commentary as if they where the ones playing the game, called CJ and KU.

At first I tried to make the website using a tool called Nicepages, but this turned out to be much to finicky for me to make what I really wanted out of the website. This general frustration and the fact I was starting a Masters led me to put this project on hold until around the start of this month, when I found a bit more time and found this forum. I decided then to try to remake the website using actual HTML rather than some tool, and while it is not perfect and still needs plenty of improvement I'm glad at where it is at since it allows me to add new things much easier.

I have allot more pages sitting and waiting to be added to the website since the page count got to around 100 or so before I stopped playing the game with my friends due to all of us getting busy. I hope to upload at least a few each week until my backlog is gone, at which point it might be cool to try to get response from other people, maybe from here if people are interested! Putting things into the hands of others can be fun! Here is once choice people can help me with if they don't mind. I would like to give CJ and KU their own text colour so feel free to suggest a colour for either one or both to use!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

love it cant wait for it to be complete so i can enjoy it fully! maybe even one day be a full on game with multiple options (ye i know itd be complicated)

Logged

https://media.tenor.com/NxBZWFmUlEkAAAAC/ricky-trailer-park-boys.gif

Artifact Swap: Chicken Spawn EggLurbyBlue SpiffoAngy DoggoMr Fruit +10 Strength for 5 daysSlippers of sneaking +3 stealthEcho HerbsSun StoneDerp DoggoGreen partyhat
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe