Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @729.33 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  new crpg called Crab-RPG

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new crpg called Crab-RPG  (Read 1684 times)
Dojidave
Jr. Member ⚓︎

huh?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: February 26, 2022 @763.44 »

Around 1 years ago I started a little game with some friends based on a funny meme image on Discord (see above image). The idea around it was that they would to the image with a command and I would then create the next image with the consequences as well as more options for them to choose. This is how Crab-RPG was started.

Making these pages was fun but I also wanted to see if I could share them with others and that drove me to try to create my own website. This website became https://crab-rpg.com/! To add a bit of story I also added 2 characters to give commentary as if they where the ones playing the game, called CJ and KU.

At first I tried to make the website using a tool called Nicepages, but this turned out to be much to finicky for me to make what I really wanted out of the website. This general frustration and the fact I was starting a Masters led me to put this project on hold until around the start of this month, when I found a bit more time and found this forum. I decided then to try to remake the website using actual HTML rather than some tool, and while it is not perfect and still needs plenty of improvement I'm glad at where it is at since it allows me to add new things much easier.

I have allot more pages sitting and waiting to be added to the website since the page count got to around 100 or so before I stopped playing the game with my friends due to all of us getting busy. I hope to upload at least a few each week until my backlog is gone, at which point it might be cool to try to get response from other people, maybe from here if people are interested! Putting things into the hands of others can be fun! Here is once choice people can help me with if they don't mind. I would like to give CJ and KU their own text colour so feel free to suggest a colour for either one or both to use!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022 @768.14 »

This seems like a fun concept. However, is there a way to choose different paths? Because I only see one selectable button.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022 @770.05 by Icelogist » Logged

:ozwomp: my beloved

Dojidave
Jr. Member ⚓︎

huh?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022 @491.57 »

This seems like a fun concept. However, is there a way to choose different paths? Because I only see one selectable button..

I'm glad it seems like a fun concept!

But no there is only one real path since future actions and elements of the story are built on the actions of the past. If there where multiple paths it would very quickly become very extremely complicated. Since there are also stats that affect the chances of success for some actions. Maybe later on I will experiments with branching paths but for now not to expand the scope of the project out of control I will stick with one path, intended to give a cohesive narrative.

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022 @20.21 »

CrabRPG is so strange and fun! I want to know what would have happened if I tried to seduce him... or do I? :ziped:

DoctorScreech
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the doctor is in!

StatusCafe: doctorscreech

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022 @203.47 »

>Seduce him
>:grin:evour

Okay, my interest has been piqued.

:D the doctor is in! :D
OkayRelax
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I like video games, art, and surfing the cool web!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022 @441.75 »

Around 1 years ago I started a little game with some friends based on a funny meme image on Discord (see above image). The idea around it was that they would to the image with a command and I would then create the next image with the consequences as well as more options for them to choose. This is how Crab-RPG was started.

Making these pages was fun but I also wanted to see if I could share them with others and that drove me to try to create my own website. This website became https://crab-rpg.com/! To add a bit of story I also added 2 characters to give commentary as if they where the ones playing the game, called CJ and KU.

At first I tried to make the website using a tool called Nicepages, but this turned out to be much to finicky for me to make what I really wanted out of the website. This general frustration and the fact I was starting a Masters led me to put this project on hold until around the start of this month, when I found a bit more time and found this forum. I decided then to try to remake the website using actual HTML rather than some tool, and while it is not perfect and still needs plenty of improvement I'm glad at where it is at since it allows me to add new things much easier.

I have allot more pages sitting and waiting to be added to the website since the page count got to around 100 or so before I stopped playing the game with my friends due to all of us getting busy. I hope to upload at least a few each week until my backlog is gone, at which point it might be cool to try to get response from other people, maybe from here if people are interested! Putting things into the hands of others can be fun! Here is once choice people can help me with if they don't mind. I would like to give CJ and KU their own text colour so feel free to suggest a colour for either one or both to use!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

love it cant wait for it to be complete so i can enjoy it fully! maybe even one day be a full on game with multiple options (ye i know itd be complicated)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 1165
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej
newsletters for dum-dums [not a tutorial, i'm the dum-dum]

Started by luluBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 3
Views: 1561
Last post June 27, 2022 @476.60
by Melooon
News! Worm

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 9
Views: 2129
Last post November 26, 2022 @820.66
by SilkSkull

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi