This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 05 Oct 2026 - @766.66
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: ozwomp is requesting your location :ozwomp: [Agree] Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  How to get the confidence to remake your website from scratch?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: How to get the confidence to remake your website from scratch?  (Read 1415 times)
OneMillionFurries
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Gettin silly with it
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
specimenThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Summer, 06 Jul 2023 @110 » Toggle Font Embed

Hey there! I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice for someone who doesn't know *too* much about HTML and CSS, on how to get over that anxiety that comes from trying to completely overhaul your website?

I certainly know much more about site crafting now than when I had first made my site, but I have been using Sadgrl's website builder template since giving up on coding it myself and I'm really nervous that I'll just hate the new site I make like I did my first one.

Have you gone through this struggle? If so, how did you get over it? I can sort of predict that the answer will be to "just do it" but that's a big first step, you know? \_O_/

Logged

https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/bh%20ad.gif
https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/Robokyskateexplode.gif
YoungsterJ4y
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


im just a lil guy
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 06 Jul 2023 @118 » Embed

You could make a copy of your original site and start fresh, that way nothing is lost and if you end up hating it you can always go back!

Logged

https://transrats.neocities.org/buttons/transrats.gif"You're telling me these rats are all transgender?!"
Memory
Guest

« Reply #2 on: Summer, 06 Jul 2023 @143 » Embed

I just recently done this! Or like, I'm 90% done with doing this.

Viewing the process as a page-by-page process rather than the website as a whole has helped! It's not so overwhelming when I imagine that I'm only working on my index, and no other page exists until I finish that page. Also, not forcing myself to work on it if I don't feel like it. My site can wait for me to feel ready to touch it again, y'know?

Or alternatively: don't. What I mean by that is more like... Experiment for a bit! Worry not for editing your website and instead just mess around with layouts and learn new things! I've recently been learning a lot about grids and through that process I accidently made a new index page I really loved LOL. Sometimes it's useful to just have some fun instead :-)

I'm not sure if any of this will be helpful, but I do hope you have fun when you get around to remaking things! It's a (frustratingly) fun thing to do in my experience :-) despite the anxiety  :dive: .


Logged
OneMillionFurries
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Gettin silly with it
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
specimenThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 06 Jul 2023 @195 » Toggle Font Embed

I just recently done this! Or like, I'm 90% done with doing this.

Viewing the process as a page-by-page process rather than the website as a whole has helped! It's not so overwhelming when I imagine that I'm only working on my index, and no other page exists until I finish that page. Also, not forcing myself to work on it if I don't feel like it. My site can wait for me to feel ready to touch it again, y'know?

Or alternatively: don't. What I mean by that is more like... Experiment for a bit! Worry not for editing your website and instead just mess around with layouts and learn new things! I've recently been learning a lot about grids and through that process I accidently made a new index page I really loved LOL. Sometimes it's useful to just have some fun instead :-)

I'm not sure if any of this will be helpful, but I do hope you have fun when you get around to remaking things! It's a (frustratingly) fun thing to do in my experience :-) despite the anxiety  :dive: .



Oh, that is actually extremely helpful! Thank you so much! Yeah my problem is just that it's all so overwhelming to rebuild a site from scratch, so maybe I'll just start with my... what's it called? Welcome page? The page you see before you actually enter my site LOL.

I'll definitely be downloading a backup of my website, along with throwing a link to a webarchive capture of it on my site!

This is still all pretty intimidating, but you have given me some helpful advice! Thank you :] If anyone still has any further advice that would be great!

Logged

https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/bh%20ad.gif
https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/Robokyskateexplode.gif
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe