Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @357.71 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: :transport: More is More :transport: :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  Game development

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Game development  (Read 2169 times)
Moonpearl

Forever lost in dreams...

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Moonpearl

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2023 @104.22 »

I've made some little games here and there, but nothing really serious. I have a good of experience with 3D modelling so I'd like to try something 3D now. I've been tryong Godot and Unity, but I'm really slogging through it. I don't think coding comes naturally to me, but I'm slowly getting there. Honestly I think a bigger problem is just a lack of direction in what I want to make... it's really hard deciding the scope. I might just make a simple breakout clone or something.  :dunno: It would just be so much fun to see my little creations come to life!
Kallistero
Jr. Member ⚓︎

SOON.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2023 @71.42 »

I've developed simple games that are in the classic repertoire of coding exercises people do just to stretch themselves, your Snake or Pong or tile-based pixel-monster-slapping simulators, but I've really had an appreciation for bullet hell games, which I feel might actually be within reach for me to create. I recently did some long-form study on collision detection, and in this context, it just makes me think, "wow, I'm glad I wouldn't have to use ANY of this for a bullet hell game," since, after all, a typical bullet hell only has you worrying about collisions with the player!  :ha:

Now, Melon's video game projects have really swung sort of closely to something that I would love to see: a return for the independent browser MMO. With Java applets and Flash having taken massive hits, it would be a dream to see another Andrew Christopher Gower come out of the woodwork and make the next Runescape. If I was to really pursue one life's-work game development project that every other project is preparing me for, it would be something like that. Or Melon might do it, who knows  :evil:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023 @75.51 by kallistero » Logged

No pomegranates. If anyone messages me, and I found out they're a pomegranate, I will ask them to leave! :angry:
Nickolox
Casual Poster

The Lord of Waluigis

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: nickolox

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2023 @353.02 »

game dev is something I really wanna try out at some point,,, but I've got sooo much on my to-do list I feel like it Might be a while before I get around to it  :sad:

I always wanted to make games as a kid and would spend hundreds of hours messing about in scratch and RPG maker (I have aprox. 300 hours in it on steam, all from when I was 10 or so, I did it a LOT)

That time I spent making games as a kid eventually turned into my current day hobby of modding, which kind of does feel like being a game dev in some ways, lord knows how much time I've wasted endlessly debugging stupid problems lol
It would be cool to transition from modifying games to making my own, this year I've spent a fair amount of time learning the ins and outs of programming, so perhaps eventually I'll pull myself together and try coding a little project or two, that'd be a lot of fun!!

The Lord of Waluigis and King of Bush Medicine :melon:

My Silly Webbed Sites:

Didsy
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2023 @579.44 »

I'm currently working in game development, as a designer, in the UK.
I had previously worked on the LEGO games from the Dimensions DLC onwards. I left Tt a few years ago to live and work closer to my family, but I am still working as a designer.

My Mum has recently been clearing some stuff out of the attic and I recently came across a 700mb cd-rw with what appears to be a copy of an RPGMaker XP game I was working on about 16 or 17 years ago. I haven't got a disc drive at the moment, but I have a friend who does :pc: . I hope this copy of my game is at least playable. I'd be overjoyed if it had the development files with it. Though I have had files associated with it for a while, I must have copied the wrong things, because it was neither playable, nor editable.
There's so much I remember about it. If it turned out that I have the dev files for it, I might have a stab at finishing it! I always did prefer RMXP over VX.

Brand new here. Will likely mess around with sigs at a later date.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 2272
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
Ozwomps Voyage - Playable edition development journal!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 21
Views: 6613
Last post February 27, 2022 @128.44
by ellievoyyd
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 6
Views: 2300
Last post August 10, 2024 @53.38
by bugholder's epiphany

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi