Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 - @30.41
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Worlds & Video Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  CHAKAN - The Forever Man


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: CHAKAN - The Forever Man  (Read 3127 times)
PAINTKILLER
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: Spring, 17 Mar 2022 @128 » Toggle Font Embed

CHAKAN - The Forever Man

Who played this amazing thing? Gotdam I love/d this game. I wanna get a Sega Genesis again and hunt this game down and play it all over again.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/Chakan_Coverart.png

Here is an awesome YouTube full playthrough video.

Everything about this game was amazing at the time - and still.

Logged
Kutan
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


Chitter Critter
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 17 Mar 2022 @935 » Toggle Font Embed

I never played Chakan, but I've heard tons of people sing its praises and did watch someone play through it. Looked incredibly difficult, but the unlimited tries is written into the game's plot in a super clever way. Honestly, the premise is really cool, and it works great in the context of a video game. I'll probably give it a try some day, but I'd need a cheat sheet for the potion combining stuff-- I wouldn't have the patience to puzzle it out myself :ohdear:

On a related note, I follow this daily t-shirt website called The Yetee, and they carry lots of limited-edition video game merch. A couple years ago they had a Chakan collection, and had a run of these:

https://i.imgur.com/tYRahU7.png

Turns out the figures were all handmade by Robert Kraus, the original comic book artist that designed Chakan, which is incredibly endearing to me. Guy's still active online too, and he has his own Chakan website. He just seems like a cool nerd that really likes his creation, haha!



Logged

https://i.imgur.com/AIxF94A.gif
PAINTKILLER
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 18 Mar 2022 @143 » Toggle Font Embed


Turns out the figures were all handmade by Robert Kraus, the original comic book artist that designed Chakan, which is incredibly endearing to me.

I was familiar with all the other information, even had a Chakan action figure at one time. But I did not know that! ^^^ That is so dang cool!

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe