Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 - @30.13
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~ Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Worlds & Video Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Playing Ozwamp's Voyage on Linux with Wine.


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Playing Ozwamp's Voyage on Linux with Wine.  (Read 3398 times)
Memory
Guest

« on: Spring, 13 Apr 2022 @123 » Embed

I am gonna keep this short since I don't have much to say.

Some time ago I asked about Linux support for the game and Melon (The Developer) said that he tried to but it failed. But, ever since I installed Fedora Linux on my laptop I got curious to see how well it would run with Wine. When I tried it the game ran without any issues at all but the problem was that it ran slow. But since the game was pretty graphics intensive I decided to just put it off to the side since my laptop wasn't the greatest.

The next day I decided to install Fedora on my gaming rig (It wasn't about the game) and after I ran a few games on the machine I got curious again and decided to give Ozwamp's Voyage another try. This time it ran flawlessly, no glitching, no crashing, and no lag (except for the more intense levels). I also kinda forgot how beautiful the game was.

Would I recommend installing Linux just to play the game? No.
Would I recommend trying it for people who are already Linux users? Yes.

Update: So it turns out, moving to a different window freezes the game.



* Screenshot from 2022-04-12 18-39-31.jpg (22.18 kB, 384x216 - viewed 239 times.)
« Last Edit: Spring, 13 Apr 2022 @140 by Memory » Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe