Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 29 Sep 2026 - @581.49
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Perfect Blue


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Perfect Blue  (Read 2848 times)
dotmidi
Hero Member
*****
View Profile WWWArt


manly men can doll, too!
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Happy ShoesGift of CubesealVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!ビートルさんPolyamorousMooshroom Spawn Egg
« on: Autumn, 29 Nov 2022 @604 » Toggle Font Embed

Just finished watching Perfect Blue and wow it was very.. engaging! and hard to understand, watched a few theory videos and I think I've gotten a better understanding hehe
To any Perfect Blue watchers, how did you feel with your first watch through?? (ALso.. I LOVE the art for this anime, it was very interesting story wise and perspective too its hard to tell when things r real or fake!! adds to the psychosis episode the protag is having)



* Perfect-Blue-01-min (1) (1).jpg (21.97 kB, 488x488 - viewed 180 times.)
« Last Edit: Autumn, 29 Nov 2022 @607 by dotmidi » Logged


Artifact Swap: DazzlerOrange Tulip
Wobblegong
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


I will wobble once more
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 01 Dec 2022 @117 » Embed

I've watched it three times and I don't think it ever stopped being confusing to me
still love that movie though

definitely watch Paprika if you haven't yet

Logged
dotmidi
Hero Member
*****
View Profile WWWArt


manly men can doll, too!
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Happy ShoesGift of CubesealVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!ビートルさんPolyamorousMooshroom Spawn Egg
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 02 Dec 2022 @692 » Toggle Font Embed

I've watched it three times and I don't think it ever stopped being confusing to me
still love that movie though

definitely watch Paprika if you haven't yet
YEAH! ive been totally planning on watching paprika when i have the time :4u:

Logged


Artifact Swap: DazzlerOrange Tulip
wodaro
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


I should be drawing
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: Winter, 05 Dec 2022 @242 » Toggle Font Embed

Yesss! Perfect Blue is one of my absolute favourite movies!! :loved:

I first watched it as a teenager and tbh it confused me a lot, lol. I didn't look up theory videos but I did seek out reviews at the time to see what other people made of it. I watched it again in college and didn't have too much trouble with it, but I had my previous experience to reference, and at that point I was two years into an art degree and was used to seeing kinda weird stuff. I've watched it many times since then and always find new things to enjoy about the direction, art, and animation. Sooo many scenes from that movie are stuck in my head, it's such an incredible piece. Satoshi Kon and his collaborators really did a phenomenal job on all of his stuff, but Perfect Blue is a favourite for me.

Tho now that it's getting to the holiday season, check out Tokyo Godfathers! One of my go-to not-specifically-a-christmas-movie Christmas movies.

Logged

https://cinni.net/images/nature/plants.gifhttps://wodaro.neocities.org/dreams.gifhttps://cinni.net/images/nature/plants.gif
dotmidi
Hero Member
*****
View Profile WWWArt


manly men can doll, too!
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Happy ShoesGift of CubesealVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!ビートルさんPolyamorousMooshroom Spawn Egg
« Reply #4 on: Winter, 05 Dec 2022 @678 » Toggle Font Embed

Yesss! Perfect Blue is one of my absolute favourite movies!! :loved:

I first watched it as a teenager and tbh it confused me a lot, lol. I didn't look up theory videos but I did seek out reviews at the time to see what other people made of it. I watched it again in college and didn't have too much trouble with it, but I had my previous experience to reference, and at that point I was two years into an art degree and was used to seeing kinda weird stuff. I've watched it many times since then and always find new things to enjoy about the direction, art, and animation. Sooo many scenes from that movie are stuck in my head, it's such an incredible piece. Satoshi Kon and his collaborators really did a phenomenal job on all of his stuff, but Perfect Blue is a favourite for me.

Tho now that it's getting to the holiday season, check out Tokyo Godfathers! One of my go-to not-specifically-a-christmas-movie Christmas movies.


Thanks for the reccomendation on Tokyo Godfather :cheesy: :cheesy: it looks very good, I'm gonna watch it at lunch!

Logged


Artifact Swap: DazzlerOrange Tulip
Memory
Guest

« Reply #5 on: Summer, 23 Jun 2024 @073 » Embed

Just finished watching Perfect Blue and wow it was very.. engaging! and hard to understand, watched a few theory videos and I think I've gotten a better understanding hehe
To any Perfect Blue watchers, how did you feel with your first watch through?? (ALso.. I LOVE the art for this anime, it was very interesting story wise and perspective too its hard to tell when things r real or fake!! adds to the psychosis episode the protag is having)

I first watched this movie in '97, I happened to come across it on the Sci Fi Channel (back when it was awesome) and was hooked from the start. I was super stoked when SHUDDER ran it on their streaming service for a bit because it meant I could watch it on my phone!

I remember coming away from the movie on my first ever viewing confused, but after re-watching it I've managed to get better ideas of what is happening conceptually. I find watching it now evokes intense nostalgia because of just how '90s webcore the movie is in some scenes.

It's definitely up there as one of my all time fav movies.

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe